can anyone help me? (problem with latest windows live messenger) (1 Viewer)

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
Yo guys,

Msn messenger has always worked fine, today i got a prompt before signing in telling me i had to update to the latest version (9) to sign in, i did this and ever since i have not been able to sign in (the really old wondows messenger still works and my internet is fine)

this is what comes up when i try to sign in

Windows Live Communications Platform has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

AppName: wlcomm.exe AppVer: 14.0.8098.930 ModName: 9daed992.x86.dll
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 00005874

i have no idea what this means or what to do, anyone able to help me? pleaaaaase!

Buy on AliExpress.com

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

First stop, download and install Malwarebytes, do a system scan for malware and see what it finds.

OP
Il Re

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
  • Thread Starter #4
    ahhh man, i installed it, but when i do the scan, the programme just closes and then it wont allow me to open it again...............i'm guessing thats really bad :-(

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
    may Ad-Aware personal edition would help too..

Or try to uninstall MSN Messenger and clear the folders and try again.

9daed992.x86.dll where is this file located?

OP
    Il Re

Il Re

-- 10 --
    Jan 13, 2005
  • Thread Starter #6
    may Ad-Aware personal edition would help too..

Or try to uninstall MSN Messenger and clear the folders and try again.

9daed992.x86.dll where is this file located?
    the file is located in c drive, program files, windows live, then in a folder called contacts

i'll try ad aware too

i did try uninstalling and re installing that didn't work though :sergio:

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
    Yo guys,

Msn messenger has always worked fine, today i got a prompt before signing in telling me i had to update to the latest version (9) to sign in, i did this and ever since i have not been able to sign in (the really old wondows messenger still works and my internet is fine)

this is what comes up when i try to sign in

Windows Live Communications Platform has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

AppName: wlcomm.exe AppVer: 14.0.8098.930 ModName: 9daed992.x86.dll
    ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 00005874

i have no idea what this means or what to do, anyone able to help me? pleaaaaase!
    I had this problem with New msn when they released the beta in mid 2008 i unistalled it and reinstalled the older version and then held off untill they sorted the bug out and now mine works fine. Id suggest removing all live messenger software from your computer, re installing windows live messenger 8 and then from there when it promts you, reinstal windows live. If that doesnt work...i dunno. Have you google the error code?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)