Camoranesi (3 Viewers)

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by -S- ] ++
Camoranesi set for Italy

Mauro Camoranesi has moved closer to playing for Italy after he wasn’t called up for Argentina’s game against Holland.

The Juventus midfielder is at the centre of an international tug-of-war as the Argentine-born star also holds Italian nationality.

The wide midfielder has failed to reveal for which country he intends to star for but Italy now seem in pole position for his services.

Camoranesi wasn’t included in Marcelo Bielsa’s squad for the February 12 friendly, which means he could now play for Italy against Portugal on the same evening if selected.

Azzurri Coach Giovanni Trapattoni has publicly declared that he is interested in Camoranesi as he struggles to find alternatives on the right hand side of midfield.

Italy’s game with Portugal will be played at Genoa’s Luigi Ferraris Stadium.

Meanwhile, Bielsa has called up five Italian based players for the Dutch match.

Full squad - Goalkeepers: Pablo Cavallero (Celta Vigo/Spa), Roberto Bonano (Barcelona/Spa)

Defenders: Roberto Ayala (Valencia/Spa), Fabricio Coloccini (Atletico Madrid/Spa), Walter Samuel (Roma), Mauricio Pochettino (Paris St Germain/Fra), Facundo Quiroga (Sporting Lisbona/Por), Lionel Scaloni (Deportivo Coruna/Spa), Juan Pablo Sorin (Lazio), Diego Placente (Bayer Leverkusen/Ger)

Midfielders: Pablo Aimar (Valencia/Spa), Javier Zanetti (Inter), Marcelo Gallardo (Monaco/Fra), Mauro Cetto (Nantes/Fra), Juan Sebastian Veron (Manchester United/Eng), Esteban Cambiasso (Real Madrid/Spa), Santiago Solari (Real Madrid/Spa)

Forwards: Javier Saviola (Barcelona/Spa), Gustavo Lopez (Celta Vigo/Spa), Claudio Lopez (Lazio), Julio Cruz (Bologna), Ariel Ortega (Fenerbahce/Tur)

Source: Football Italia @ Jan 29, 2003

:extatic:
great news!:cheesy:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Sarah_old

Jul 30, 2002
<-- weak in English :stress:

Oded, I've read and replied your PM :) Thanks for noticing. I never should have stayed up too late and work when I'm sleepy :LOL:

-S-

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
++ [ originally posted by -S- ] ++
<-- weak in English :stress:

Oded, I've read and replied your PM :) Thanks for noticing. I never should have stayed up too late and work when I'm sleepy :LOL:

-S-
That's Ok, you can count on me to check everything is alright

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
Italian television station RAI announced they will release an interview with Luciano Moggi this evening, in which the Juventus general manager says Mauro Camoranesi has decided to make himself available to play for the Azzurri.

The Argentine born right wing was asked to confirm this speculation after today's Atalanta match, however he avoided to provide any answers that could confirm or deny Moggi's words.

Italy boss Giovanni Trapattoni went to see Juve's game today, with some journalists alluding he went there specifically to scout Camoranesi.

DKNY

Feb 2, 2003
FOOTBALL ITALIA:
Camoranesi picks Italy :D:cheesy::angel:
Monday 3 February, 2003

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus director general Luciano Moggi has confirmed that Mauro Camoranesi has decided to play for Italy.

"The player has authorised me to state that Camoranesi has opted to play for the Italian national team," Moggi told ‘La Domenica Sportiva.’

The Argentine-born winger has been at the centre of an international tug-of-war ever since it was revealed that he could star for the Azzurri.

The former Verona man made up his mind some time ago but has only just announced his decision.

The winger has never represented the South American nation at any level and was again ignored by Marcelo Bielsa for Argentina’s game against Holland on February 12.

And it now seems certain that national boss Giovanni Trapattoni will select him for Italy against Portugal on the same night.

"I spoke to him about a month ago and am waiting for his answer," Trap said after the Atalanta-Juventus game yesterday.

"Am I ready to pick him? I would say yes, without a shadow of a doubt."

Meanwhile, Trap also hinted that he is likely to field Juventus’ Gianluca Zambrotta in his new left-back position for the Azzurri.

"I must say that he looks quite familiar with that role," added the former Milan midfielder. "He played very well against Atalanta. I was impressed with how he attacked and defended."

Zambrotta has been playing at left-back since Christmas after his midfield right-hand side duties were taken by Camoranesi.

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
it's great news. but i just don't feel that joyous about camoranesi playing for the azzurri just because argentina didn't pick him. it's like italy was only his 2nd choice and wasn't really up for it. anyway, i'm sure he'll do wonders for the NT. let's just hope he kicks some "argentine a$$es" when they play against each other... "RELEASE THE FURY!!!
:p

Sarah_old

Jul 30, 2002
i just don't feel that joyous about camoranesi playing for the azzurri just because argentina didn't pick him
*g* what makes you think he wants to play for Italy just because argentina didn't pick him :undecide: He has already made up his mind way before Bielsa announces his squad. It's just that he doesn't want to publicise it...

-S-

Primo

Dec 20, 2002
i don't know...

why did he have to wait that long...it seemed like he waited for the final squad of argentina to be picked. i'm not anti-camo or anything...but he should have announced it earlier so he could've prepared the whole NT for his arrival..

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by primo_calcio ] ++
i don't know...

why did he have to wait that long...it seemed like he waited for the final squad of argentina to be picked. i'm not anti-camo or anything...but he should have announced it earlier so he could've prepared the whole NT for his arrival..
Why would he do that? He only is playing for Italy because Argentina is not giving him a chance.

Platinì

Sep 23, 2002
Benvenuto Camo :cool:
Now is official :thumb:
and with Miccoli too :star::star:

Camo will join the NT on Monday at 12.30 a.m. by an hotel in Genova and at 5.30 p.m. will get his first training with the azzurri shirt; finally Wednesday at 8.45 p.m. his debut vs. Portugal.

Here are the names:

Portieri: Buffon (Juventus), Toldo (Inter), Pelizzoli (Roma);

Difensori: Birindelli (Juventus), Cannavaro (Inter), Ferrari (Parma), Legrottaglie (Chievo), Nesta (Milan), Panucci (Roma);

Centrocampisti: Camoranesi (Juventus), Zambrotta (Juventus), Zauri (Atalanta), Ambrosini (Milan), Fiore (Lazio), Perrotta (Chievo), Pirlo (Milan); Tommasi (Roma), Zanetti (Inter);

Attaccanti: Delvecchio (Roma), Inzaghi (Milan), Miccoli (Perugia), Vieri (Inter).

Primo

Dec 20, 2002
++[ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ]++

Why would he do that? He only is playing for Italy because Argentina is not giving him a chance.
Umm, thats just what I said in my previous posts...

++[ originally posted by primo_calcio ]++

it's great news. but i just don't feel that joyous about camoranesi playing for the azzurri just because argentina didn't pick him. it's like italy was only his 2nd choice and wasn't really up for it. anyway, i'm sure he'll do wonders for the NT. let's just hope he kicks some "argentine a$$es" when they play against each other... "RELEASE THE FURY!!!
:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)