C.Ronaldo Advertisment in Bali (1 Viewer)

SobatPadi

Apr 21, 2005
no, i dont have it.......

anyway, talking about christiano ronaldo... i was really touched seeing what he and his portugal NT did to an aceh boy.....
anyone else knows the story?

SobatPadi

Apr 21, 2005
ok i will try to tell the story and if u can fully understand me...
i am sure that u will be touched too....

remember the tsunami in south east asia on the 26th of december 2004... This 10 years old boy was carried away by the tsunami and still managed to live for about more than one weeks before the rescue team found him... he stayed alive on a piece of wood and has to rely on rain water..

he has lost everything that he used to have... his mother and grand parents all went missing... no homes to live in and was left with his father...

luckily and amazingly, that day he wore "Rui Costa" Portuguese NT Jersey.. and were caught on camera wearing it. the story of how he managed to live on a piece of wood was everywhere around the country and also other parts of the world... he was on CNN and other channels too....

so when Christiano Ronaldo and his NT coach saw on TV, they said to themselves that they have to find this boy and
the coach even said he was somehow very grateful that this boy
was wearing the portuguese NT jersey...

so after months looking for him, i think around March 2005, they brought this boy and his dad to Portugal and he was introduced to the whole
NT squad.. and he was treated very nicely by them...
they collected donations for him and his dad...
and it didnt just stop there, he was invited as a "guest" to one of the portugal friendly match(i forgot which game) where he had the chances to shake Sepp Blatter's hand... and also watched the match with Rui Costa sitting beside him....
he was also the boy that walked with the team when they first entered the field...

SobatPadi

Apr 21, 2005
and he was also offered to live in portugal and give scholarships to study in portugal and go to one of the soccer school...
but his stupid father rejects this offer...
i think its a very stupid mistake made by his father...

if i am not mistake, christino ronaldo also gave him his jersey and
other team member also gave theirs

can u all understand? feel free to ask me questions on the parts u dun understand or need more explaination.. i will be happy to answer...

SobatPadi

Apr 21, 2005
His name is Martunis... and he is only 7 years old
he was on the piece of wood for 19 days
he had insect bites all over his body...
he only drink rain water and some left over dried noodles...
he was just wearing an imitation jersey..

christiano ronaldo said this " he can be an example for all of us, a 7 years old boy survived by himself.. and he was wearing our jersey, which is our symbol"

and the match he attended wasnt a friendly match, but a pre qualifying world cup match...
portugal vs Slovenia...the captain was Luis Figo.....

this is some corrections and more details...

SobatPadi

Apr 21, 2005
can u all imagine what will happen to him and his father if he didnt wear that portuguese NT jersey....

he will be like the rest of those aceh people, suffering...
i say this is fate,.. it just kinda happen.....

and btw christiano ronaldo has invited him to watch MU matches at old trafford and to stay at his house...
and if he doesnt want, Christiano ronaldo will let him stay in a hotel and pay for him

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)