Byron Moreno struck off (1 Viewer)

Loppan

Jul 13, 2002
From Football Italia

Byron Moreno struck off

Controversial World Cup ref Byron Moreno has been struck off the register of Ecuadorian officials.

Moreno became a hate figure for Italian football fans after some dubious decisions in their 2002 tournament exit to hosts South Korea, but has run into even more problems since returning to his homeland.

Now Jorge Benavides, the President of the Referees’ Association in the Pichincha province of Ecuador has confirmed, “Moreno will never be able to officiate a football match in this country again.”

He had attempted to make the most of his new found fame after Italian newspapers targeted Moreno as the reason for their World Cup exit.

He ran for public office in Ecuador, took part in several television programmes and was a guest at the Cento carnival in the peninsula.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
well.. moreno is the worst ref i've ever seen in my life..

BUT, he's not the only reason why italy got knocked out from the last WC IMO..

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
none of the spanish fans talk about the ref in their quarter final match,as for the azzuri fans:rolleyes:

Moreno isnt such a bad ref,he did a few mistakes and every human being does mistakes,but he did them at a very inappopriate time.

MORENO RULES!!!!:thumb:

Aug 1, 2003
cmon, what happened against Spain wasn't as bad against Italy. it wasn't just us, 40 000 people emailed FIFA the same night and the system crashed

few mistakes you say, its obvious he's a feked up referee. Maybe he feked up against Italy, but he did so against many matches in Ecuador. Some mistakes he made are unforgivable. I have one example, but I'm too tired to state it now.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
cmon, what happened against Spain wasn't as bad against Italy. it wasn't just us, 40 000 people emailed FIFA the same night and the system crashed

few mistakes you say, its obvious he's a feked up referee. Maybe he feked up against Italy, but he did so against many matches in Ecuador. Some mistakes he made are unforgivable. I have one example, but I'm too tired to state it now.
you'd say it the other way if you supported Spain.

but come on when will the azurri fans learn to accept it when they lose:groan:

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
The english are the ones who u shud ask that too. Azzuri fans have been justified for their reactions to the exit at WC 2002. Thanks to that SOB.
But im not taking away the fact that they also threw it away to a certain extent.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++
The english are the ones who u shud ask that too . Azzuri fans have been justified for their reactions to the exit at WC 2002. Thanks to that SOB.
But im not taking away the fact that they also threw it away to a certain extent.
meaning?:confused:

Aug 1, 2003
I mean, Italy did suck in the tournament and we probably didn't play up to our standards, but what Moreno did was very much too obvious even to the blinds of all blinds. That, is unforgivable- an intentional bad refeering. I accept we lost, but I would NEVER accept his refereeing. EVER.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
I mean, Italy did suck in the tournament and we probably didn't play up to our standards, but what Moreno did was very much too obvious even to the blinds of all blinds. That, is unforgivable- an intentional bad refeering. I accept we lost, but I would NEVER accept his refereeing. EVER.
:groan:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)