Burqa (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Okay, I imagine in some of the much more moderate Islamic states its not, so why is it in some countries you can be arrested for not wearing it.

Its insulting frankly.
Common mistake people make. You should know that a burqa and a hijab are two different things. It's against the law in both Saudi Arabia and Iran for a woman not to wear a Hijab, but i have never heard of a country that has laws that enforce the burqa.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Apr 15, 2006
I know, right? Could you answer it with a good answer though?
I can't. The only ones who can are the ones who sport a beard in the name of Islam.
Some of the more radical sects in Islam do believe that yes, mind you they are a non representative minority.
They always are. I've seem my share of Muslims in my life, Asif included, and not all of them sport a beard. Just like not all Muslim women cover themselves with a veil or a hijab.

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
Common mistake people make. You should know that a burqa and a hijab are two different things. It's against the law in both Saudi Arabia and Iran for a woman not to wear a Hijab, but i have never heard of a country that has laws that enforce the burqa.
Whichever one it is, the "full body clothes" which covers everything except the eyes.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I can't. The only ones who can are the ones who sport a beard in the name of Islam.

They always are. I've seem my share of Muslims in my life, Asif included, and not all of them sport a beard.
Even the ones that do, not all of them believe that it is actually compulsory.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Whichever one it is, the "full body clothes" which covers everything except the eyes.
Thats the burqa, the one that covers the face. That is not enforced by any law in any Arab country. In Iran and Saudi Arabia you're forced to wear a Hijab, which is a head scarf.

Apr 15, 2006
Thats the burqa, the one that covers the face. That is not enforced by any law in any Arab country. In Iran and Saudi Arabia you're forced to wear a Hijab, which is a head scarf.
So if a woman in Iran(I can only think of Hoori :sheik:) goes out in public without a hijab, what happens? Does the police arrest her? I just wanna know what happens.

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
So if a woman in Iran(I can only think of Hoori :sheik:) goes out in public without a hijab, what happens? Does the police arrest her? I just wanna know what happens.
I'm sure they'd just send her home to her husband where she'll get a good telling off like a child would.

I don't claim to know everything about these countries so I admit that part of this might be out of ignorance but I find it ridiculous that any culture or countries either forces or puts pressure on women to wear either of these just because she happened to come out as a woman and not a man at birth.

Totally ridiculous.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I imagine that is the law, but i'm not sure how much it is actually implemented.

I'm sure they'd just send her home to her husband where she'll get a good telling off like a child would.

I don't claim to know everything about these countries so I admit that part of this might be out of ignorance but I find it ridiculous that any culture or countries either forces or puts pressure on women to wear either of these just because she happened to come out as a woman and not a man at birth.

Totally ridiculous.
As a muslim, i believe it is ridiculous that there are state enforced laws that force women to wear a Hijab. I personally don't see any logic in forcing a woman to wear hijab, even from an Islamic perspective, the whole purpose of religion is belief. Not forced practices that she does not believe in.

As for the Burqa, the one that covers the face. I'm not an advocate of it at all, but i just don't understand the logic of it being banned in a supposedly secular and democratic country.

Apr 15, 2006

Totally ridiculous.
I wanted to know why "they" were. Who takes the responsibility(other than parents and husbands) to tell the women without a hijab to go back home and wear one?

I only think that the veil is ridiculous. I find it even more ridiculous how women choose to cover their face. Still boggles my mind.
But they were not the ones who claimed that Muslim men are forced to grow a beard, you were.
True. But I was joking there, and didn't expect anyone to take me seriously. I apologize. :)

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
As for the Burqa, the one that covers the face. I'm not an advocate of it at all, but i just don't understand the logic of it being banned in a supposedly secular and democratic country.
Well, I personally don't believe that Religion has any place at all in public, including schools and such I don't believe in God, but I believe that someone's belief in God is a private thing between him and "God" - I don't see why people feel the need to broadcast it to the world.

And I don't see the religious value in it at all, now I must admit that I haven't read the Qu'ran so I might be wrong but somehow I doubt very much that there is a dress-code requirement inside of it.

Apr 15, 2006
Well, I personally don't believe that Religion has any place at all in public, including schools and such I don't believe in God, but I believe that someone's belief in God is a private thing between him and "God" - I don't see why people feel the need to broadcast it to the world.

And I don't see the religious value in it at all, now I must admit that I haven't read the Qu'ran so I might be wrong but somehow I doubt very much that there is a dress-code requirement inside of it.
You're a Christian, I assume?

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Yup, she gets arrested even if she doesn't wear the hijab properly. But after she'll spend some days in custody and pays the fee, she'll be let go free. Still, I think it goes in her dossier and it might later be the reason why she won't get a job in some institution.
Hoori can explain better :D

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
no one is forcing you to eat mcdonalds. if your fat it's your own fatass fault, not mcdonalds, and not your gentics for eating high calorie foods without doing any sort of excercise beside reaching for the remote to the tv.

burqa is mostly forced on women.

it's not bullshit.

i'm sick of hearing about rights and rules from immigrant and mostly middle eastern, and muslim people living in western countries.. if they don't like the rules then go back to the shit hole of a country you were in before, see how much you enjoy life there and "proper" laws. but of course they won't because they enjoy the luxuries they get too much.

hypocirtes.

and this is coming for a middle eastern person immigrant.
I'm not denying that but still obesity does make people social outcasts.

Big :tup: for the second bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)