Burqa (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 15, 2006
They don't do it to show their faith, they do it out of their faith that doing such a thing pleases God and at the same time preserve their body for whom they wish to share with. Not for everyone to see. That's what I usually here from Burq'ed woman.
So looking at their face is equivalent to sharing their body with another man? WTF? And why shouldn't they show their face to others? Why do men get to flaunt their faces to every man and woman he walks past, but women do not? Why the discrimination? Cos your holy book said so? BULLSHIT!
And really Sheik, how the hell would you expect it not to strike you as odd when you don't believe in God in the first place. Naturally then, you won't fully get why they do it and to you it would always look stupid. Simply because you don't share the same faith.
Again, I cannot take a God seriously when he judges people by their looks. I do not believe in God, yes. But for the sake of argument, I'll consider his existence and his way of working based on his standard definition. And a God judging by appearance seems silly to me.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Then what is your justification other than God?
I already mentioned their justification
They don't do it to show their faith, they do it out of their faith that doing such a thing pleases God and at the same time preserve their body for whom they wish to share with. Not for everyone to see. That's what I usually here from Burq'ed woman.
Im not talking about God here btw, more like her Husband.

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
I drink i have sex i do other stuff muslims are not supposed to do,as a rule of thumb i do not discuss religion here but i know enough about islam to drill some ppl here right into the ground.

Some ppl talk like they have a PhD in quran or islam based on what they read and write....how big a phobia can one have? is your life really that boring?

I'll leave the argument for the day when i am drunk and bored

Apr 15, 2006
I already mentioned their justification
And I've mentioned why their justification is unwarranted and illogical.
Im not talking about God here btw, more like her Husband.
And my response:
So looking at their face is equivalent to sharing their body with another man? WTF? And why shouldn't they show their face to others? Why do men get to flaunt their faces to every man and woman he walks past, but women do not? Why the discrimination? Cos your holy book said so? BULLSHIT!

Apr 15, 2006
WΏΏdy;2987798 said:
I drink i have sex i do other stuff muslims are not supposed to do,as a rule of thumb i do not discuss religion here but i know enough about islam to drill some ppl here right into the ground.

Some ppl talk like they have a PhD in quran or islam based on what they read and write....how big a phobia can one have? is your life really that boring?

I'll leave the argument for the day when i am drunk and bored
Bro, involve yourself into the argument. I admit I haven't read the Quran, but only know a few bits of it from people who mention it during their arguments\criticisms against Islam. If you can make things clear for us about this, then it's only gonna help the argument. :)

WΏΏdy;2987802 said:
I was talking about the giraffe :D
Oh :D

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
And I've mentioned why their justification is unwarranted and illogical.
Again, it won't make any logic to you because the justification itself is based on something you already don't believe in and probably think it's rediculous. In short, You won't ever accept any reason of theirs. But then again, no one is asking you to, simply let them be.

And my response:
Good for you.

Apr 15, 2006
Again, it won't make any logic to you because the justification itself is based on something you already don't believe in and probably think it's rediculous. In short, You won't ever accept any reason of theirs. But then again, no one is asking you to, simply let them be.
You're right. I simply cannot imagine how someone can be so illogical to believe in God.

I will believe their reason if it is based on real life and it is fair.
But is it good for the ones who are being discriminated against? I don't think so.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Back to your human nature argument, do you really believe it's in our nature to accept discrimination and willingly tie ourselves with it? I guess not.

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
Bro, involve yourself into the argument. I admit I haven't read the Quran, but only know a few bits of it from people who mention it during their arguments\criticisms against Islam. If you can make things clear for us about this, then it's only gonna help the argument. :)
Its not really about religion,its about "i have a problem with it even if its their own choice" comments.....and i dont really like to educate about islam coz i dont preach if i dont practice...:D

its like the argument about india some time back...if u dont know about india you cant really argue about india thinking you know everything about it because u read a few stuff somewhere and try and look cool talking about it

If one doesnt know about anything,arguing about it just makes them looks stupid.

A hijab is not a burqa. But then, I wish she gave me a hijab: :eyebrows:

Who is that? :excited:.....those legs look weird though

Apr 15, 2006
Back to your human nature argument, do you really believe it's in our nature to accept discrimination and willingly tie ourselves with it? I guess not.
Naturally, we don't. But that's the beauty of religion. Wave a holy book and the word of God to people, and they'll accept the discrimination in order to please him. And every woman who continues to wear the burqa supports this statement.

WΏΏdy;2987840 said:
Its not really about religion,its about "i have a problem with it even if its their own choice" comments.....and i dont really like to educate about islam coz i dont preach if i dont practice...:D

its like the argument about india some time back...if u dont know about india you cant really argue about india thinking you know everything about it because u read a few stuff somewhere and try and look cool talking about it

If one doesnt know about anything,arguing about it just makes them looks stupid.
You're right. But would you rather bring in clarity and fill the gaps so that the argument ends and everyone has a better understanding, or would you just fold your arms and say "they're stupid"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)