Burqa (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
There is no force in choosing Islam but when you choose it, it all becomes "do this" and "do that"s, intimidating of the hell and promising the heaven.
Thats people, if you had taken it slowly, at your own pace you would have understood it better. Religion is personal and peoples influence should never play part in it. Encouragement to do good & be better as a person but certainly no intimidation should ever play part in it.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
There is no force in choosing Islam but if you were born a muslim... tough luck.

You know I've been told that freedom of religion is a right for every human except for muslims.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Thats people, if you had taken it slowly, at your own pace you would have understood it better. Religion is personal and peoples influence should never play part in it.
Religion is personal as long as you are not inheriting it as something which is born with you.

but certainly no intimidation should ever play part in it.
Doesn't it play a part in Islam? In Quran?

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
Apr 22, 2005
That's considered brainwashing. And I wouldn't care if she dresses like a slut or if she dresses moderately, it's all about how she grew up with a good family that cares for her, not teach her to become a whore at a young age.
Teaching her not to be a whore better come by default :D

The example about slutty vs conservative dressing was just meant to show the extra layer of "protection" traditionally used to ward off horn balls from harassing her..

Personally , I am all about raising children in healthy environments that allow them to make decisions on their own rather than being forced....but at the same time just for the sake of my own daughters well being in public I WILL tell her to go change out of slutty outfit just because i have been there and know how she will be perceived ...

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Religion is personal as long as you are not inheriting it as something which is born with you.

Doesn't it play a part in Islam? In Quran?
Not all muslims see it at that way. I think your background has played a part in you seeing it this way, a lot of of them are open minded in religious matters and would seek to search the truth within the religion.

Intimidation? None in Quran, it all depends on how you see it. Its a book of guidance with verses benefiting mankind and stark warnings of what is to come as well as moral raising and joyous promises for those who follow the orders. Of course just like previous unaltered scriptious no different. This discussion can go on forever so I wont elaborate (but further discussion on quran itself can be brought towards pm). Thats solely upto the person if they choose to accept it or not.

Upbringing, well whats wrong with quite a lot of muslims is that they dont explain why they are doing it etc, simple questions asked by children are ignored by these people, simply because they dont have knowledge of their own religion sadly this ignorance spreads. Your somewhat right though as if you began questioning you would proberly be intimidated by these type of ignorant muslims. As a result of getting stick from these type of people you develop hatred and dislike you will never gain a correct understanding. Religion should be judged upon its scriptures and not its people.

Just like you apostated, on the other side of the field try asking a revert of what brought him to islam and you might understand there remains two sides to a story.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
No, but do I need proof to prove that alcohol consumption is prevalent among the rich and royalty of Saudi Arabia, UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, etc? I don't think so.
The royalty must be consumming a helluva lot of johnny walker for being biggest importer. Funny they seem to be pretty much sober everytime they appear in public.

Im sorry but a whole country cant be judged upon the leaders. It would have been better if you came out with facts here rather than accusations. There could and proberly is some truth to it that handful of the rich 'royalty' are abusing their position but its nothing new in a world run by clowns.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
same time just for the sake of my own daughters well being in public I WILL tell her to go change out of slutty outfit just because i have been there and know how she will be perceived ...
Well said...

but you know whats coming from a daughter

"if you wont.. why should I be?" :snoop:

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
Teaching her not to be a whore better come by default :D

The example about slutty vs conservative dressing was just meant to show the extra layer of "protection" traditionally used to ward off horn balls from harassing her..

Personally , I am all about raising children in healthy environments that allow them to make decisions on their own rather than being forced....but at the same time just for the sake of my own daughters well being in public I WILL tell her to go change out of slutty outfit just because i have been there and know how she will be perceived ...
You do know that girls can go out without "slutty" nor "conservative" dressing right ? You're just explaining to me how you're going to be brainwashing you're little girl.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
You do know that girls can go out without "slutty" nor "conservative" dressing right ? You're just explaining to me how you're going to be brainwashing you're little girl.
See people here judge by looks.
Your daughter goes out wearing a skirt.. not only she will be heavily harassed but people will start talking (not to mention the possibility of getting raped).

In a couple of days the whole area is describing your daughter as a whore .... whenever a man is looking to marry her he will back off because of the reputation she gained even if he knows that she is not a whore.

Independent women suffer A LOT in a culture like ours.
She would be called a whore if she:
- doesnt dress modestly.
- smokes or drinks.
- stays out later than 10 pm.
- rides in a car with a guy in it.
- Laughs with a high voice.
- Goes to the movies with a guy.
- Married and got divorced quickly.

guys on the other hand can do whatever they want. Its a man's world and this isnt the case for muslims only btw.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Not all muslims see it at that way. I think your background has played a part in you seeing it this way, a lot of of them are open minded in religious matters and would seek to search the truth within the religion.

Intimidation? None in Quran, it all depends on how you see it. Its a book of guidance with verses benefiting mankind and stark warnings of what is to come as well as moral raising and joyous promises for those who follow the orders. Of course just like previous unaltered scriptious no different. This discussion can go on forever so I wont elaborate (but further discussion on quran itself can be brought towards pm). Thats solely upto the person if they choose to accept it or not.

Upbringing, well whats wrong with quite a lot of muslims is that they dont explain why they are doing it etc, simple questions asked by children are ignored by these people, simply because they dont have knowledge of their own religion sadly this ignorance spreads. Your somewhat right though as if you began questioning you would proberly be intimidated by these type of ignorant muslims. As a result of getting stick from these type of people you develop hatred and dislike you will never gain a correct understanding. Religion should be judged upon its scriptures and not its people.

Just like you apostated, on the other side of the field try asking a revert of what brought him to islam and you might understand there remains two sides to a story.
What if scripture tells me to hate homosexuals? not to eat certain foods for no reason? to be kind to muslims and vengeful to non-muslims? to beat my children if they dont pray? to own slaves and concubines?

I am not going to debate if it says so or not because thats a door that is best left closed. but for the sake of argumentation assume i am right what should you do if the scripture orders that stuff?

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
What if scripture tells me to hate homosexuals? not to eat certain foods for no reason? to be kind to muslims and vengeful to non-muslims? to beat my children if they dont pray? to own slaves and concubines?

I am not going to debate if it says so or not because thats a door that is best left closed. but for the sake of argumentation assume i am right what should you do if the scripture orders that stuff?
What is the force behind this scripture? What weight does it have? What legitimacy does it have? Scripture by itself is nothing but words on a piece of paper. Even fanatics (the true fanatics, not the ones that egg them on) don't act the way they do just because a few words on paper sounded nice.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
What is the force behind this scripture? What weight does it have? What legitimacy does it have? Scripture by itself is nothing but words on a piece of paper. Even fanatics (the true fanatics, not the ones that egg them on) don't act the way they do just because a few words on paper sounded nice.
I hope more people were like you but yeah i see everyday people doing and saying a lot of things just because scripture says so.

These are the only type of people i try to awake by the way. I see them as victims of their close-mindedness or maybe excessive faith that they think is real knowledge.

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
i live in various surrounding : muslims, catholics and christians. i wear hijab because my religion told me to. i don't feel obliged or forced to wear it. it's not a close mindedness or excessive faith as well. all religion has its rules. in religion there's somethin to do, follow, forbid and avoid. if you don't have any religion please don't say bad things about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)