Burqa (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nedvěd

Wal, wal. Ma nikt o5to y3ni? :shocked:

In your defence though, ma7al 2il ka3k hadak min 2il a5er. He's my 2nd favorite, or used to be anyway :D
Kont jo3an. :frown: Kont lazem darabto 2na w sa7bi.

What's the best ka3d place? My favourite was abu 3o'sh be share3 2l Rainbow. 2llah yer7amak ya abu 3'osh. :frown: :cry:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Hoori, tell me why you are for the ban. I'd love to hear it.

Also explain to me how its different than Iran forcing women to wear a hijab.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Too much is written and said about the Burqa.I read something about protests in India of all places over the Burqa thing.Personally,when in rome do as the romans.Sweet and simple.No one is asking the women to change faiths.You're living in a western country,so don't whine about living under their law and social systems.If western women in living the Middle East or other Islamic States cover their bodies,why can't Muslim Women living in western countries embrace their society?I'm not saying that the muslim women should do everything they the west follows,but something as trivial as the Burqa can surely be avoided if it stirs so much controversy.

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
Too much is written and said about the Burqa.I read something about protests in India of all places over the Burqa thing.Personally,when in rome do as the romans.Sweet and simple.No one is asking the women to change faiths.You're living in a western country,so don't whine about living under their law and social systems.If western women in living the Middle East or other Islamic States cover their bodies,why can't Muslim Women living in western countries embrace their society?I'm not saying that the muslim women should do everything they the west follows,but something as trivial as the Burqa can surely be avoided if it stirs so much controversy.
Point by point....about the protests in india.....they are very few and selected and know why? Its not easy for me to accept this but at some level India and China try very very hard to try and show themselves as western as americans or eurpoeans when it comes to international issues....its kinda pathetic,for example "9/11" those numbers became a combination of numbers that became a trademark of what happened to the twin towers,and incident that was one of a kind. Then happened the mumbai train bombings,then the mumbai kasab incident,and in between there were bombings at gateway of india and colaba [where i live]...and the whole indian media started refering to these incidents as "26/2" or "06/9" ....it was strange at one point but then i remember all the discussions ending into jokes with the media trying that hard to compare the incidents in the same light which was pathetic because now there are so many dates that i dont even remember how many times we have been bombed. Then there are the glory hunters,like shiv sena whoz supremo declared that sarkozi was a great leader and he would give him a indian state honor for making the ban happen,trying to gain cheap points in the books of all the people running shit scared.....it was a funny situation "ohh look at us we are just as cool as the french president" even though the situation in france and india is totally different regarding this issue...sarkozi came to india,refused to even comment on that politician's comment and very plainly just ignored him and the big party they had arranged for him :lol: its was like he refused to take a shit into the long spread arms,and they wanted him to take a shit in it

I dont agree with muslim nations making the western ppl living there to cover themselves completely just like i dont agree with the ban in france,how many incidents can u tell me in france or in india where burqa was used for bombing or killing ppl....I agree with "if u live in rome do what the romans do" .... but then again no westerner living in the muslim countries is forced to eat what they eat or not allowed to drink or made to offer prayers 5 times a day?

If u are an arab or a indian muslim or a chinese muslim and have a problem with the french ban of burqa just dont go to france if u have that big a problem with that,but what about the french muslims? Are they to leave the country because their nation does not believe in "right for religion" ?

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Nedvěd;2991720 said:
Kont jo3an. :frown: Kont lazem darabto 2na w sa7bi.

What's the best ka3d place? My favourite was abu 3o'sh be share3 2l Rainbow. 2llah yer7amak ya abu 3'osh. :frown: :cry:
Has to be 3ala2 Al Deen in 3abdali :D

Been a while though.
WΏΏdy;2991954 said:
If u are an arab or a indian muslim or a chinese muslim and have a problem with the french ban of burqa just dont go to france if u have that big a problem with that,but what about the french muslims? Are they to leave the country because their nation does not believe in "right for religion" ?
Exactly :tup:

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
WΏΏdy;2991954 said:
I dont agree with muslim nations making the western ppl living there to cover themselves completely just like i dont agree with the ban in france,how many incidents can u tell me in france or in india where burqa was used for bombing or killing ppl....I agree with "if u live in rome do what the romans do" .... but then again no westerner living in the muslim countries is forced to eat what they eat or not allowed to drink or made to offer prayers 5 times a day?

Wearing a Burqa is very different from offering prayers or eating Halal Food.If France was banning praying five times a day,or banning Halal food in the country,then the protests would be justified,but a Burqa itself does not justify such a reaction.No one is asking French Muslims to leave the country,can't they just live there without the Burqa?They can pray,they can fast,they can go to Pilgrimage,they can pay Charity,they can believe in one God.So what's the problem?The Burqa,or lack of it,does not make a person a lesser Muslim.It is exactly this mindset that needs to eradicated.Yes,the west does suffer from Islamophobia,but such a reaction to something so trivial only invites the Islamophobia.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Nedvěd;2992540 said:
3abadali or webdeh? I've heard few guys talking about a ka3d w beid place in 2l webdeh.
3abdali.

]Wearing a Burqa is very different from offering prayers or eating Halal Food.If France was banning praying five times a day,or banning Halal food in the country,then the protests would be justified,but a Burqa itself does not justify such a reaction.[/B]No one is asking French Muslims to leave the country,can't they just live there without the Burqa?They can pray,they can fast,they can go to Pilgrimage,they can pay Charity,they can believe in one God.So what's the problem?The Burqa,or lack of it,does not make a person a lesser Muslim.It is exactly this mindset that needs to eradicated.Yes,the west does suffer from Islamophobia,but such a reaction to something so trivial only invites the Islamophobia.
This wide reaction is due to the fact that such a law contradicts with freedom of choice woman should enjoy, be it in france or anywhere else in the world. This isn't about Islam as it is about that, hell most muslims doesn't agree with the principil of a Niqab in the first place.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Actually,the reaction from most muslims is strong because they feel it is an attack on their faith.Simple.They feel it is about Islam more than anything else.

For the non-muslims it might well be an attack on freedom of choice,but for muslims it is a direct attack on religion.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Actually,the reaction from most muslims is strong because they feel it is an attack on their faith.Simple.They feel it is about Islam more than anything else.

For the non-muslims it might well be an attack on freedom of choice,but for muslims it is a direct attack on religion.
No doubt. But it wouldn't have been a "wide attack" if it was only the muslims involved in this ;)

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
Wearing a Burqa is very different from offering prayers or eating Halal Food.If France was banning praying five times a day,or banning Halal food in the country,then the protests would be justified,but a Burqa itself does not justify such a reaction.No one is asking French Muslims to leave the country,can't they just live there without the Burqa?They can pray,they can fast,they can go to Pilgrimage,they can pay Charity,they can believe in one God.So what's the problem?The Burqa,or lack of it,does not make a person a lesser Muslim.It is exactly this mindset that needs to eradicated.Yes,the west does suffer from Islamophobia,but such a reaction to something so trivial only invites the Islamophobia.
That's excatly how i think,but then again i am not a good muslim,its not about the feeling of "attack on islam" for me or muslims like me,its more of a "attack on freedom of choice"
Again,it does not for me and you,but for people who seriously follow their religion/choice it does....and for them wearing a burqa or halal food or prayers are not very different
And the problem of the spreading islamophobia,why dont u blame those of have the phobia on their paranoia ? when was the last time u saw burqa being used as an aid in bombings or terrorist activities?

I dont agree with the extremists reaction to this issue,but the ban and the reasons they gave for it are stupid.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
3abdali.

This wide reaction is due to the fact that such a law contradicts with freedom of choice woman should enjoy, be it in france or anywhere else in the world. This isn't about Islam as it is about that, hell most muslims doesn't agree with the principil of a Niqab in the first place.
There is no real freedom of choice, in any society you have 'freedom of choice' but it's within set guidelines.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Also explain to me how its different than Iran forcing women to wear a hijab.
If you put it that way, every country that forbids me to walk around completely naked is not democratic and is no different than a country that forces me to wear a burqa, or a hijab as it's the case with Iran.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
What I'm going to say is a mixture of facts and opinions.

Burqa is not an Islamic hijab, that is right. It's not an accident though that a very large proportion of women who wear Burqa are Muslims. This is why this has mostly become a topic Muslims look at as yet another way of harassing Muslims in Europe.

I don't know why Burqa is banned in France. It could be an honest reason that they do it for the sake of women, however, it could well be an outcome of recent intolerance towards Muslims in Western societies. This is what I don't know and this is what I don't care about either. I'm for the ban because this is the right decision regardless of the intentions behind it. It will be for the good of women.

I've been wearing hijab since I was 9. It was a part of my religion and it's still a part of my clothes. It's actually a part of me so it doesn't bother me that I'm forced to wear it. Many women willingly wear hijab because not having it would be a sin in their religion. Islamic hijab, as far as I know, is not forced on women only because men want their women to cover themselves up. Burqa, on the other hand, is something which has been strictly forced on women through time. Right, some, probably many women now might wear it because they want it themselves but it is historically an extremely manly wish forced on women. Burqa is not a traditional costume. It is men preventing other men to see their women's faces. It is men forcing something on what they consider as their "properties". It is men "protecting" what they "possess". Even if this hypothetical man doesn't force his woman to wear burqa today, it still won't change the story behind it.

I'm for banning this from the society because it is the right thing to do which is eventually good for the kind of woman who has been oppressed by her man through centuries.

Deneb, living in a country where only certain beliefs can be practiced has not made me become radical on the opposing side. I know well how terrible it is to live in a radical environment, this is what I wouldn't want for anyone. What I'm saying is my opinion as a woman.

I could be wrong but I guess Muslims' judgments here have been clouded by the impression of Muslims being harassed in Europe by this law. I know you guys try hard and loud to buy credibility for your opinions by insisting that "Hey, burqa is not an Islamic hijab, so what we say has nothing to do with Islam or religion, we only care about women's freedom of choosing what they wear" but women rights seems to be the last thing you care about, I'm afraid.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Greg, And only in France can we have such a law, not in Afghanistan. The next generations of women in France whose grandmothers were forced to wear Burqa and their mothers were forced to not wear Burqa, will be freely practicing their religion, wearing hijab, without being forced to wear Burqa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)