Bundesliga 2022-23 (6 Viewers)

loyada

Feb 6, 2005
I still can't get over it. There was a power outage in my area right before final. The next day I learned that Dortmund won 3-1. I was adamant that Juve won with that score line because that year Juve crushed opponents with ease all the way to the final and Dortmund were clearly the underdog. A year later, an offside goal gave Real Madrid, another underdog, the CL trophy after so many years irrelevant. And Real built their success based on that 1998 unexpected win.
yeah, if I have to choose the best Juve team since 1990, it would be the 1996/97 team, for me it was the Dream Team, I still rewatch time to time the Intercontinental Cup 96 (Toyota Cup) against River Plate, two sublime teams who nullified each other. The pressing and intensity of that match wwas something else (compared to the lethargic stroll offered by the current team )

Buy on AliExpress.com

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
yeah, if I have to choose the best Juve team since 1990, it would be the 1996/97 team, for me it was the Dream Team, I still rewatch time to time the Intercontinental Cup 96 (Toyota Cup) against River Plate, two sublime teams who nullified each other. The pressing and intensity of that match wwas something else (compared to the lethargic stroll offered by the current team )
Cool! Never seen it? Where do you find it? Youtube? I'll search right now. :D

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
italian english :
Found highlights here too Will watch the full game later but wow! We created more in that game that our entire season. Such a shame watching it though, none of our players are near that level and some are miles away. Compare wingbacks/fullbacks, it's not even possible. ADM is a fantastic footballer and a very different one against ADP but nowhere near ADP or Zidane. And so it goes on.
Sorry for going OT

Apr 12, 2004
Report: Bayern Munich consider Sadio Mane's performances a "joke", want to get rid of him this summer
At €20m a year, that is one expensive mistake.
By Ineednoname Updated Apr 17, 2023, 5:30pm CEST
89 Comments / 98 New
Share this story
1480042343.0.jpg
Photo by Stefan Matzke - sampics/Getty Images

When Bayern Munich signed Sadio Mane from Liverpool FC last summer, the vibe was overall a positive one. While the Senegalese winger was entering his early thirties and not quite as impactful as in his prime, most expected him to be a valuable addition, given that he’d only just taken the Reds to a Champions League final the season before. Such was the confidence that, despite losing Robert Lewandowski, Bayern Munich opted not to sign a true striker replacement last summer.
That decision could turn out to be an expensive one.
According to SkySports’ Florian Plettenberg, the journalist who originally broke the Mane to Bayern news last summer, the signing of Sadio Mane is considered a mistake internally at Bayern Munich (via @iMiaSanMia). The player’s performances are the subject of a running joke at the Sabener Strasse, that Bayern signed Mane’s twin brother and not the Mane from Liverpool.
1479863425.jpg
Photo by Stefan Matzke - sampics/Getty Images
From a sporting point of view, Thomas Tuchel has no plans for Mane, who doesn’t fit into his system. Bayern have therefore turned their attention to signing a new striker in the summer, and want to offload Mane at the earliest.
It’s unclear whether any team will pick up the Senegalese winger at this stage — while his past reputation remains, it has been diminished greatly by his performances this season and the shameful bust-up with Leroy Sane, which resulted in a massive fine and suspension.
Right now, Bayern seem to be stuck with a bad investment. His current contract runs until 2025, so at €20m a year that’s almost €40m more that Bayern will need to pay over the next two years.
Even getting those wages off the books, regardless of transfer fee, could be a massive boost for the club financially. It could pay for the salary of a top level striker, someone like Victor Osimhen from Napoli. And you’ll be hard pressed to find a Bayern fan who would be sad to see Mane go.
Now, if Bayern Munich are really looking to part ways with Sadio Mane after just a single season, more questions will be asked about the board. With the critics already scrutinizing their every decision following the sacking of Julian Nagelsmann, Kahn, Hainer, and Brazzo will need to navigate this situation with the utmost care.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
:lol:

What about that Rummenigge guy? Some fresh blood is always good.
Maybe I'm too harsh on Brazzo, but we had too much turmoil in recent years. And he didn't adress the striker position in the summer.

Kahn deserves to stay, but he can't make any more fuckups like these recent events. But we need a competent sporting director imo, just who I can't say.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
I still remember in the summer when Brazzo pull all those signings , it was hailed as one of the best transfer market in europe at that time . I feel its too harsh to blame him for not securing a number 9 when the plan was to move away from number 9 and it was something that in sync with the then coach Nagelsmann,
I would say sacking the coach who had a team crusing towards the QF with only allowing two goals in before was a mistake and im not sure whose fault is that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)