Bundesliga 2017/18 (14 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
its not really like that though. Bayern won last seasons league by 15 pts, and were the earliest champion in the top leagues iirc (its like that for 3-4 years now). this season they struggled at 1st and Dortmund took advantage, which is why i hoped it could be a more interesting season, but in just 3 rounds they choked it away, and will likely finish 10+pts behind again. now Leipzig is still there, but i cant see them get close to 80 pts, which is necessary to even threaten Bayern, let alone win the league. in Serie A last year, we had 91 pts at the end of the season, 4 more than Napoli (87 pts) and 5 more than Roma (86 pts). we basically secured the title in the 37th fixture, and everyone agrees that this current season is even more wide open, as Roma and Napoli have improved + then there is also inter and Lazio who are keeping up with us (for now). Milan after spending over 200M will struggle to finish even on an EL spot. in France you had Monaco and PSG battling it out until the very end, with 4 games left the difference was 3 pts and with both on pace to crack 90 pts. in the end, PSG couldnt get it done but it still took Monaco until the 37th round to win it, with 95 pts and PSG at 87. this season Monaco are again keeping it close with PSG despite losing many key players. Marseille has improved a lot and will fight for the 3rd CL spot, Lyon is there every season, and Nantes looks like it will be the Nice of this season. overall the BL is still ahead but their 2 top clubs are currently better than the 2 BL top clubs.

currently, id rate the BL as the least competitive out of the top 5 as far as competing for the title goes, and overall quality wise id put them at 4th place ahead of France at 5th. their top clubs (other than Bayern) from Dortmund to Leverkusen, Schalke and even VW have regressed quite a bit in recent years. sre there is Leipzig now, but thats not enough to compensate for the drop in quality from these other sides
You have a point but still Juventus and Bayern have won the last 6 and 5 League titles, which means it aint that serious of a competition afterall. Until someone else knocks Bayern or Juventus of the title you cant talk about competitive imo

But i respect youre point offcourse. We also gotta take in mind the reason these two clubs are so dominating is simply because they have terrific squads compared to their opponents in their Leagues. Juventus been to two CL finals in recent years, and Bayern won it as well in 2013, when you get that far you have one of the best squads in the world.

PL might be competitive, but to me none of those clubs have as complete a squad, but they have the money and there for they dont have the gap as in Italy, Germany and France

The Bundesliga needs to get back on track, and there for i actually hope Dortmund or Leipzig or whoever can win a title or two soon, it would be good for Bayern also in the longer run

Buy on AliExpress.com

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
You have a point but still Juventus and Bayern have won the last 6 and 5 League titles, which means it aint that serious of a competition afterall. Until someone else knocks Bayern or Juventus of the title you cant talk about competitive imo

But i respect youre point offcourse. We also gotta take in mind the reason these two clubs are so dominating is simply because they have terrific squads compared to their opponents in their Leagues. Juventus been to two CL finals in recent years, and Bayern won it as well in 2013, when you get that far you have one of the best squads in the world.

PL might be competitive, but to me none of those clubs have as complete a squad, but they have the money and there for they dont have the gap as in Italy, Germany and France

The Bundesliga needs to get back on track, and there for i actually hope Dortmund or Leipzig or whoever can win a title or two soon, it would be good for Bayern also in the longer run
for that to happen they 1st have to finish around 80 pts regularly. Leipzig had 67 last season, which is faaar away from someone who wants to challenge Bayern. Dortmund was there for a few years already, but fell off quite a bit. in Italy, Roma and Napoli are there as this will most likely be the 3rd straight year both crack the 80 pts mark. still, Juve has put the ladder even higher as we are finishing close to or over 90 pts under Allegri, so they will need to step up even more. but if they continue to keep themselves over 80 pts, they are much more likely to take advantage of a weak season from us where we finish under 85 pts for example. if Leipzig keeps finishing with under 70 pts, they will never win the league, even if Bayern suddenly has a "weak" year.

bottom line, clubs like Roma, Napoli and Leipzig cant win the league against this strong of a Bayern and Juve, but what they can do is keep having strong campaigns themselves and wait for a year where we are under our usual level. thats where their chance lies so they better use it once/if it comes

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
for that to happen they 1st have to finish around 80 pts regularly. Leipzig had 67 last season, which is faaar away from someone who wants to challenge Bayern. Dortmund was there for a few years already, but fell off quite a bit. in Italy, Roma and Napoli are there as this will most likely be the 3rd straight year both crack the 80 pts mark. still, Juve has put the ladder even higher as we are finishing close to or over 90 pts under Allegri, so they will need to step up even more. but if they continue to keep themselves over 80 pts, they are much more likely to take advantage of a weak season from us where we finish under 85 pts for example. if Leipzig keeps finishing with under 70 pts, they will never win the league, even if Bayern suddenly has a "weak" year.

bottom line, clubs like Roma, Napoli and Leipzig cant win the league against this strong of a Bayern and Juve, but what they can do is keep having strong campaigns themselves and wait for a year where we are under our usual level. thats where their chance lies so they better use it once/if it comes
I fully agree mate. And thats also why Dortmund won the League in 2011 and the double in 2012 they simply striked when Bayern wasnt themselves and offcourse also having Lewy, Götze (playing great back then, remember people talking about him being the next big thing i thought myself too), Reus and so on. Bayern were also quite unlucky at times, but they kept on (Dortmund i mean)

The funny thing is Bayern often had their strongest years/periodes when they lost the right to the throne, 2013 is a good example of that. That combined with us losing the Dfb Pokal and the CL final at home put a fire under their ass.

Sometimes i think we need a 2011 and 2012 again to win our 6’th CL title

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I fully agree mate. And thats also why Dortmund won the League in 2011 and the double in 2012 they simply striked when Bayern wasnt themselves and offcourse also having Lewy, Götze (playing great back then, remember people talking about him being the next big thing i thought myself too), Reus and so on. Bayern were also quite unlucky at times, but they kept on (Dortmund i mean)

The funny thing is Bayern often had their strongest years/periodes when they lost the right to the throne, 2013 is a good example of that. That combined with us losing the Dfb Pokal and the CL final at home put a fire under their ass.

Sometimes i think we need a 2011 and 2012 again to win our 6’th CL title
yeah they went full spending mode whenever they lost the title in the last decade. got Ribery, Klose and Toni when Stuttgart won the league, Robben, Olic, Gomez when VW won it, and then after 2 Dortmund titles got Mandzo, Javi Martinez, Dante and Boateng. maybe if Leipzig won last year, Bayern would have bought Sanchez :p

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
yeah they went full spending mode whenever they lost the title in the last decade. got Ribery, Klose and Toni when Stuttgart won the league, Robben, Olic, Gomez when VW won it, and then after 2 Dortmund titles got Mandzo, Javi Martinez, Dante and Boateng. maybe if Leipzig won last year, Bayern would have bought Sanchez :p
Haha it wouldnt even surprise me about Sanchez :p

I still wonder where he will end up. I cant see him staying in Arsenal from next year

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Haha it wouldnt even surprise me about Sanchez :p

I still wonder where he will end up. I cant see him staying in Arsenal from next year
now hes in a position where he can chose whatever the hell he wants as i dont think there is a club that would say no to him (maybe except Real). knowing him, hed pick the bigest paycheck offered to him and live a happy long life, so PSG and City are frontrunners. he might surprise tho

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Agreed. Apparantly Bayern had a deal with him, but he got greedy, other speculations are that Arsenal wanted a lot of money to sell

The truth probably lies somewhere between

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
i think he cant stand Vidal and his drinking problems. Vidal often used to beat up his sister when they were married, and Alexis never forgave him

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
So @BayernFan

Are Bayern gonna run away with it? Saw that Dortmund lost and Bayern beat Leipzig. League done? Bayern resurrected under Jupp?

And do u see this improved Bayern a force in CL to take srs now?

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
maybe it happened after the Copa :shifty:
I think that maybe happened to you instead and now you have this guilty conscience issue.

- - - Updated - - -

what im interested the most about, will Bayern keep James or is it too soon to tell? @BayernFan @Nostradamus
Wasnt it like a 2 or 3 year loan and he just scored for them. Of course he is kept.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I think that maybe happened to you instead and now you have this guilty conscience issue.
im pretty sure it didnt. or maybe i forgot about it, who knows

Wasnt it like a 2 or 3 year loan and he just scored for them. Of course he is kept.
yep its 2 years loan but they can end it early i think and he has a big salary, so if he isnt one of their best players they might consider to sign someone else

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
So you do have a sister?

- - - Updated - - -

im pretty sure it didnt. or maybe i forgot about it, who knows

yep its 2 years loan but they can end it early i think and he has a big salary, so if he isnt one of their best players they might consider to sign someone else
He just scored for them against leipzig who are 3rd. And James rejected plenty of other clubs (epl and psg) for Bayern.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
So @BayernFan

Are Bayern gonna run away with it? Saw that Dortmund lost and Bayern beat Leipzig. League done? Bayern resurrected under Jupp?

And do u see this improved Bayern a force in CL to take srs now?
I think we gonna win the League again, we are superior to all others. It would be a failure to lose out on it

About CL Its hard to say, but we look better after Javi came back to midfield. Him being there with his strength and ball winning ability will help us

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
I think we gonna win the League again, we are superior to all others. It would be a failure to lose out on it

About CL Its hard to say, but we look better after Javi came back to midfield. Him being there with his strength and ball winning ability will help us
Yeah but he is like one tackle away from being out for months, no?

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
what im interested the most about, will Bayern keep James or is it too soon to tell? @BayernFan @Nostradamus
I really hope he will. He is showing how good he is, and could have 3 assists to his goal today had we been more sharp infront of goal

Another thing is he is great for marketing, the official Bayern Spanish twitter account raised with more than 200.000 followers since he joined, he is really a big marketing player.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah but he is like one tackle away from being out for months, no?
hopefully not. The guy is a fantastic player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)