Build/Predict Your Juve (54 Viewers)

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
What’s the Italian obsession with 3 at the back? Every noteworthy club in this world plays with 4 defenders. Considering most of your opponents in the CL will likely to play with only 1 striker, you’ll play 3 vs 1. Such pussy mentality.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
What’s the Italian obsession with 3 at the back? Every noteworthy club in this world plays with 4 defenders. Considering most of your opponents in the CL will likely to play with only 1 striker, you’ll play 3 vs 1. Such pussy mentality.
You seem to be in full meltdown mode at the moment so let me help you. @U Picciriddu is not the Juve coach AFAIK but using that system you have this:

Ronaldo - Suarez
Kulu/Dybala
Berna/Pelle - Arthur - Benta/Rabiot - Cuadrado
Sandro - Bonucci - Demiral
Szczesny
Then if Cuadrado slots back to defend or change the focus of attack:

Ronaldo - Suarez
Kulu/Dybala
Berna/Pelle - Arthur - Benta/Rabiot
Sandro - Bonucci - Demiral - Cuadrado
Szczesny

or

Ronaldo - Suarez
Berna/Pelle - Arthur - Benta/Rabiot - Kulu/Dybala
Szczesny
Just like magic it becomes a back four, and the crisis that is a back three is averted.

They are not robots that stand on one area of the pitch and don't move. Cuadrado often plays that high anyway, and Alex Sandro barely even gets forward to put a cross in. The formation on paper is not important.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Even a attack with Kulu on the wing lacks width. It’s a serious problem that this team will face this season.

I said the same as @Nedved96 some time ago, we can use Kulu as CM, but we need a classic winger to provide some width to this team.

Anyway I’d like us to use Kulusevski as a CM.

- - - Updated - - -

Ronaldo - Suarez
Kulu/Dybala
Szczesny​

Wouldn’t be surprised to see this tbh. It’s worth a try.
:yuck: :inter: Too many disgusting players in the starting 11.

No way should Dybala be benched, and no fucking way should the Barca Fossil be a guaranteed starter - the lazy greedy turd will have to earn his place.

Jun 16, 2020
You seem to be in full meltdown mode at the moment so let me help you. @U Picciriddu is not the Juve coach AFAIK but using that system you have this:

Ronaldo - Suarez
Kulu/Dybala
Szczesny
Then if Cuadrado slots back to defend or change the focus of attack:

Ronaldo - Suarez
Kulu/Dybala
Berna/Pelle - Arthur - Benta/Rabiot
Szczesny

or

Ronaldo - Suarez
Berna/Pelle - Arthur - Benta/Rabiot - Kulu/Dybala
Szczesny
Just like magic it becomes a back four, and the crisis that is a back three is averted.

They are not robots that stand on one area of the pitch and don't move. Cuadrado often plays that high anyway, and Alex Sandro barely even gets forward to put a cross in. The formation on paper is not important.
Yup. And 433 with Ronaldo - Dybala/Suarez - Kulu/Dybala, the width problem remains. We’ve also seen that 4312 (at Sarriball at least) wasn’t really helping to those problems, even though Cuadrado attacks a lot.

I agree though that it’s all up to which player occupies which space, instead of some rigid formation, but there’s a big difference between 433 and 3412 imo.

Even though I don’t like Suarez, I’ve always believed that life would be a lot easier for Ronaldo and Dybala if they have a 9 between them, and I think we’re waisting Dybala’s talent if we’re using him as a winger or striker. He’s at best between the lines and just outside the box. I also like Kulu when he’s playing more centrally. People who have seen him playing at Parma know that he doesn’t stay on the wing.

The only thing I don’t like from those formations it that the midfield can be pretty exposed and usually 433 is more successful in CL.

Last edited:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
So it's basically a 442:
Ronaldo - Dybala
Chiesa - Arthur - Bentancur - Kulusevski
You just set up a midfield for the guys up top to figure it out. Lungs are there but how far are you going to get with this one - no one knows.
Its like Bayern but instead of Muller-Lewa we play Ronaldo-Dybala. Id like to see how that works here

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Even a attack with Kulu on the wing lacks width. It’s a serious problem that this team will face this season.

I said the same as @Nedved96 some time ago, we can use Kulu as CM, but we need a classic winger to provide some width to this team.

Anyway I’d like us to use Kulusevski as a CM.

- - - Updated - - -

Ronaldo - Suarez
Kulu/Dybala
Szczesny​

Wouldn’t be surprised to see this tbh. It’s worth a try.
This is something I have been saying for ages, but for some reason no one else is addressing the problem in this team.

Our attack is narrow and slow. All teams have to do to stop us is congest the middle. We don’t have the players to stretch the pitch.

This is why I want us to sign Chiesa. It’s not that Chiesa is a great player, it’s because Chiesa provides something that no one else in this team does. Direct running, pace and width.

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
This is something I have been saying for ages, but for some reason no one else is addressing the problem in this team.

Our attack is narrow and slow. All teams have to do to stop us is congest the middle. We don’t have the players to stretch the pitch.

This is why I want us to sign Chiesa. It’s not that Chiesa is a great player, it’s because Chiesa provides something that no one else in this team does. Direct running, pace and width.
So far on the wings we have:

CR7
D. Costa
Kulu
Cuadrado
Berna

If we can upgrade on Berna it will be great. Sell Berna (to Roma for example) and get someone better and I think we are fine with the wingers. I have no idea if Pirlo wants wingers though, might go for narrow 4-3-3.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
To be honest, I think a back 3 suits our squad. We leaked way too many goals last year as or fill backs pushed up a lot and made it world class center backs look worse than what they are.

De Ligt, Demiral, Chiellini, Bonucci are players that will thrive in back 3

Cuadrado and Sandro will also be better players in that system and provide more width. Bernardeschi and Pellegrini are also good wing back options as would Costa (if he stays and stays fit)

Ronaldo and Dybala will be better in more central positions too.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017

CR7
D. Costa
Kulu
Cuadrado
Berna

If we can upgrade on Berna it will be great. Sell Berna (to Roma for example) and get someone better and I think we are fine with the wingers. I have no idea if Pirlo wants wingers though, might go for narrow 4-3-3.
Cuadrado is a fullback these days and D Costa does not even count as a footballer anymore.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009

CR7
D. Costa
Kulu
Cuadrado
Berna

We already have an upgrade on Turdeski - his name is Pjaca :p

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
I wonder if Wesley will be an option this season, especially with the way the transfer window has been so far. Could see more u23 guys get a chance. And he’s a Raiola client, that chubby fucker somehow knows talent.

CEE97F8A-D92E-4FDD-801A-E942893AA29A.jpeg

Thought this was Lemina at first.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
To be honest, I think a back 3 suits our squad. We leaked way too many goals last year as or fill backs pushed up a lot and made it world class center backs look worse than what they are.

De Ligt, Demiral, Chiellini, Bonucci are players that will thrive in back 3

Cuadrado and Sandro will also be better players in that system and provide more width. Bernardeschi and Pellegrini are also good wing back options as would Costa (if he stays and stays fit)

Ronaldo and Dybala will be better in more central positions too.
Agree but my concern is if this cf arrives and starts and dybala and ronaldo both start as well...it leaves a midfield duo of????

Wing backs and defence would be covered two times over...just not sure the other areas would work well.

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
343/442 hybrid
Sczcesny
Buffon
Danilo Bonucci Deligt
Rugani Demiral Chiellini
Cuadrado Arthur Bentancur Sandro
Bernardeschi Mckennie Rabiot/Ramsey Pellegrini
Dybala Suarez Ronaldo
Kulusevski Kean Costa

Jun 16, 2020
Ronaldo (35), Costa (30), Dybala (26), Kulusevski (20), Kean (20), Dzeko (34)

Rabiot (26), Arthur (24), Ramsey (29), Bentancur (23), McKennie (22), Nicolussi (20)

Chiellini (36), Bonucci (33), Demiral (22), De Ligt (21), Rugani (26)

Sandro (29), Pellegrini (21), Bernardeschi (26), Danilo (26), Cuadrado (32)

Szczesny (30), Buffon (42), Pinsoglio (30)

Didn’t realize that Cuadrado is already 32

Jun 6, 2015
Ronaldo (35), Costa (30), Dybala (26), Kulusevski (20), Kean (20), Dzeko (34)

Rabiot (26), Arthur (24), Ramsey (29), Bentancur (23), McKennie (22), Nicolussi (20)

Chiellini (36), Bonucci (33), Demiral (22), De Ligt (21), Rugani (26)

Sandro (29), Pellegrini (21), Bernardeschi (26), Danilo (26), Cuadrado (32)

Szczesny (30), Buffon (42), Pinsoglio (30)

Didn’t realize that Cuadrado is already 32
Danilo is 29

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 45)