Build/Predict Your Juve (40 Viewers)

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
We deploy a 4231. With Dybala, Pjanic, two offensive fullbacks two forwards and a creative rightwinger.

How exactly do we 'need' more creativity ?

- - - Updated - - -

Yes you $#@!ing peasant fool. We absolutely need a second leftback to be a difference maker when the starting one is the best allround leftback in the world :tup:
Asamoah isnt even a natural left back.

The point was look at the difference between Real and Juve benches in the CL final:
Real had Bale, Morata, Asensio who have all played well in CL and can be difference makers

We had Leminas, Asamoahs and Lichtsteiners.

Some people criticized Allegri after the game about Cuadrado not starting (Alves should have played in his usual position), Cuadrado was our only offensive sub in the game. Its a CL final, the chances are it could go to extra time. Allegri had no option left. Imagine if someone had gotten injured as well.

The point is that in CL final you should have players on the bench list you trust to make difference and you can be sure of. Real didnt even have James Rodriguez on the bench. That guy might have started here. And yes, Real has the most expensive squad in the world maybe only rivalled by some overspending english idiots (havent Man City spent like a billion already on transfer or smth).

But then maybe thats also something we need to look at long term if we want to win the CL.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Asamoah isnt even a natural left back.

The point was look at the difference between Real and Juve benches in the CL final:
Real had Bale, Morata, Asensio who have all played well in CL and can be difference makers

We had Leminas, Asamoahs and Lichtsteiners.

Some people criticized Allegri after the game about Cuadrado not starting (Alves should have played in his usual position), Cuadrado was our only offensive sub in the game. Its a CL final, the chances are it could go to extra time. Allegri had no option left. Imagine if someone had gotten injured as well.

The point is that in CL final you should have players on the bench list you trust to make difference and you can be sure of. Real didnt even have James Rodriguez on the bench. That guy might have started here. And yes, Real has the most expensive squad in the world maybe only rivalled by some overspending english idiots (havent Man City spent like a billion already on transfer or smth).

But then maybe thats also something we need to look at long term if we want to win the CL.
I agree with you when you say you need differencemakers. But its where you need them.

We need at least a backup for all positions. On some positions, you need better than that.

I'd say, we need 3 differencemakers for 2 cm spots. you need 6 high class defenders for 4 defense spots

We need 5 options for the 3 am/w spots that are worldclass or difference makers. And we need solid cover for Higuain.

N'Zonzi, Costa, Keita/Berna, Schick. Thats a nice addition. That costs a metric ton. We need to keep trustfull backups to allow us to get differencemakers.

Lemina. Rincon. Sturaro. What do they add ? Nothing. Just filler.They arent 'first backup'.

Everythig not 'first backup' can go.

lvmnz

Jul 28, 2015
That's more like a 4-4-2 since both DC and John Square can operate as wingers :shifty:
I would call both wingers far more attacking than not. I'm not sure exactly what you mean by it would be more like a 4-4-2. What makes it the 4231 is the advanced position of the wingers/attacking midfielders themselves.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
---------------------------------Buffon---------------------------------
Alves--------Bonucci--------------------------Chiellini---------Sandro
---------------------N'Zonzi-----------------Pjanic----------------------
Costa---------------------------Dybala------------------------Keita(Berna if we have enough)
---------------------------------Higuain-----------------------------------

-------------------------------Sczc---------------------------------------
Licht?-----Barz/benatia-----------Rugani----------------------De Sciglio
--------------Khedira-------------------------Marchisio-----------------
Cuadrado----------------Schick-------------------------------Pjaca
---------------------------Mandzukic-------------------------------------

Back up defence depends on full backs. We need reinforcements badly imo

Shick is not ideal in that position I don't think, but neither is Dybala. Both have technical prowess though which makes them the most suitable.

The best part for me, is our midfield goes from being a problem area to solid as fuck with great depth.

This would cost a lot, but it's affordable considering we'll surely sell Lemina and a few others. And there's no real 'star' coming in either yet the team would be vastly improved imo.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
---------------------------------Buffon---------------------------------
Alves--------Bonucci--------------------------Chiellini---------Sandro
---------------------N'Zonzi-----------------Pjanic----------------------
Costa---------------------------Dybala------------------------Keita(Berna if we have enough)
---------------------------------Higuain-----------------------------------

-------------------------------Sczc---------------------------------------
Licht?-----Barz/benatia-----------Rugani----------------------De Sciglio
--------------Khedira-------------------------Marchisio-----------------
Cuadrado----------------Schick-------------------------------Pjaca
---------------------------Mandzukic-------------------------------------

Back up defence depends on full backs. We need reinforcements badly imo

Shick is not ideal in that position I don't think, but neither is Dybala. Both have technical prowess though which makes them the most suitable.

The best part for me, is our midfield goes from being a problem area to solid as fuck with great depth.

This would cost a lot, but it's affordable considering we'll surely sell Lemina and a few others. And there's no real 'star' coming in either yet the team would be vastly improved imo.
Agree with the player selection mostly, but not about where you put them. Imo:

Costa Dybala Mandzu
Higuain

Cuads Keita Pjaca
Schick​

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
OUT: Zaza 23m, Coman 27m, Lemina 20m, Neto 10m = 80m
PROMISING LOANs: Bentancur, Orsolini, Romagna, Macek, Vitale, Cassata, Favilli, Caldara, Mandragora, Lirola, Cerri, Donis, Tello.
IN: Douglas Costa 40m, Keita 20m, Schick 30m, N'Zonzi 35m, Szczesny 15m. (unless we get Donnarumma :) )

Buffon
Szczesny
Alves Bonucci Chiellini Sandro
Lichtsteiner Barzagli/Benatia Asamoah
Khedira Pjanic
Marchisio/Sturaro N'Zonzi
D.Costa Dybala Mandzukic
Cuadrado Keita Pjaca
Higuain
Schick​

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Agree with the player selection mostly, but not about where you put them. Imo:

Costa Dybala Mandzu
Higuain

Cuads Keita Pjaca
Schick​
I was gonna say actually, depending on what Allegri wants from a game the front line is pretty interchangeable. Nobody gets their ideal position but there's enough versatility to make it work regardless.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I was gonna say actually, depending on what Allegri wants from a game the front line is pretty interchangeable. Nobody gets their ideal position but there's enough versatility to make it work regardless.
Agreed. Keita, Pjaca, Mandzukic and Costas versatility and different skillset is gonna make our rotation so much better and more unpredictable. We will also depend much less on a player being on form because there is 2-3, even 4 players on the bench that can replace him, who are all quality.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
If we get the signings that are being touted, one thing I find intriguing is the number of left-footed attacking players we'd have (Schick, Dybala, Costa), since I feel it adds an extra element of unpredictability.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Assuming we sign Schick, Costa and Keita, as they are our strongest links in the market. I'm not sure that we are building for this 4-2-3-1. At least not in the same way as we had last season.

Mandzukic and Cuadrado/Alves will be replaced/backed by a bunch of inside forwards known for cutting in and attacking the goal. We can't sign Pjaca, Costa and Keita and not be thinking of more direct play with the wings.

I'm thinking that either we go 3-4-3 or 4-3-3. A 4-2-3-1 with these players would get us murdered against good midfields in big games. We were already weak in midfield, if we replace either of our wings with any of these players, then even more so.

Unless we finally make some moves for top CMs (Allegri even said that N'Zonzi is not a player he has requested) then I see a 3-4-3 as the best option for the squad.

The front 3 can be any mix of our attackers, very fluid and will fit.

Mandzukic - Higuain - Dybala

Keita - Schick - Costa

Or we save ourselves any hassle and sign Bernardeschi.

Jun 6, 2015
Allegri just said in an interview couple of days ago that we need to give continuity to the current formation. So it sure does sound like we are building for the 4-2-3-1.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
Allegri just said in an interview couple of days ago that we need to give continuity to the current formation. So it sure does sound like we are building for the 4-2-3-1.
Yeah. It kinda sucks ass though.

- - - Updated - - -

Feels like a completely new team, yet again.
I know. Way too many new starters. We will probably have only 2 (3 at most) new starters.

Jun 6, 2015
Yeah. It kinda sucks ass though.
Why? I doubt there is any formation in the world that would keep everyone around here happy longterm. First it was the three man defense and now it is the two man midfield, next it would probably be something else. I do agree however that we should and I think we will have an alternative that has more strength in the middle.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
What Allegri says and what the management get are different. The best solution to our players might end up being different than what Allegri had in mind. Like it already happened with the 4-3-1-2 and this season with the 4-2-3-1.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
Why? I doubt there is any formation in the world that would keep everyone around here happy longterm. First it was the three man defense and now it is the two man midfield, next it would probably be something else. I do agree however that we should and I think we will have an alternative that has more strength in the middle.
Get Bernardeschi and that alternative could be 4312 :ID:

I trust Max but I really hoped we would switch to a 3 man midfield. Pjanic's goal/assist production went downhill since the formation change in January.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
Dani Alves - Bonucci - Chiellini - Alex Sandro
Matic - Pjanic
Costa - Dybala - Lemar
Higuain

De Sciglio - Benatia - Rugani - Spinazzola
Marchisio - Khedira
Cuadrado - Pjaca - Mandzukic
Shick​

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
4-2-3-1 is amazing if you have a pair of great wingers. Then again if Dybala left i'd prefer a 4-3-3.

N'Zonzi holding

Pjanic + World class b2b/creative mid supporting Higuain and 2 great wingers :tuttosport:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 11, Guests: 21)