Build/Predict Your Juve (57 Viewers)

Strickland

May 17, 2019
I think the fact we have to face is we cant build a very good squad in one window, too much to be done even if we had the resources necessary. So we have to put the foundation in place to be able to do that next summer or the one after that.

I think our priorities for the summer are:
1. Bring in a new coach;
2. Do everything possible to terminate / loan / remove players on absurd salaries - Paredes, Pogba, Woj, Bonucci, Arthur, etc.
3. Do not renew Sandro, Cuads for their current salaries. If they're ok with a massive paycut to 2m they can stay.
4. Bring in a quality mid and a right sided player. With resale value and an upside. We should be able to afford that on cutting costs.
5. Plug the holes with cheap veterans / youth acc to coaches needs

The longer we look for shortcuts and risky bargains to be competitive now, the longer it'll take to build something sustainable.

Last edited:

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Fuck off the 3 at the back. It just doesn't suit us at all.
since we don't have proper fullbacks now it's the best option. kostic as a left wingback is a no brainer, we have 3 good cb's, that leaves is with one weak spot (rwb) as far as wide and central defenders are concerned. any other setup makes us look worse in defense

too bad our attack is dry either way

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
It doesn't matter as long as Failegri is here.

No building should occur while that fucker is fleecing the club for 7.5+ a season to deliver trash results and even worse performances.

We need a new direction, and that requires removing Failegri and current management, in addition to some old and overpaid players.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
since we don't have proper fullbacks now it's the best option. kostic as a left wingback is a no brainer, we have 3 good cb's, that leaves is with one weak spot (rwb) as far as wide and central defenders are concerned. any other setup makes us look worse in defense

too bad our attack is dry either way
This is it, a 352 is a good fit for our current squad. Our back 3 have been our best performers for months, plus wing back is the best role for Kostic, who is our most consistent creative player.

Locatelli also works great as the midfield anchor as per Allegri's thesis. It's probably the best formation to build on going forward because of these factors, but the issue is that Di Maria and Chiesa don't fit into it. The other issue as you say is that we're actually too good in defence and utter shite in attack.

- - - Updated - - -

In attack it would suit us a lot better, no doubt.
This is why we need some sort of hybrid system that's a 352 in defence and a 433 or 343 in attack. We've seen us try this a couple of times, but our squad is a confused mess, whichever system we use it doesn't fit everybody

Rockets

Jul 26, 2022
wrestling around kick-off circle is tiresome -- who am I, winger? am? cm?

○ is the only button that works on my gamepad -- I'm the most versatile though I don't care -- nothing can be more secure than passing sideways -- want to do a late run into the box but coach told me to sit deep -- ffs do I have to fill in as rwb the whole season?

I lost my man, sorry -- I feel so lonely -- can you guys stop backpassing to me?

pls don't aim the near post​

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Szczesny/Perin
Danilo/Cuads - Gatti/Rugani - Bremer/Bonucci - AS/Cambiaso
Fagioli/Zakaria - Locatelli/Rovella - Pogba/Arthur
Di Maria/Kulusevski - Vlahovic/Kean - Chiesa/Kostic

NO TRANSFERS, just a new coach and we do better than this year. expect that LCM spot is never available.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
I believe some players there are quite good, just badly managed. Main weaknesses are of course the fullbacks and mentioned LCM positon, but our team already choose to stick with AS so what really u can do there? I dont believe we can buy anyone better than Cuads for the right flank.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Loan Miretti, get rid of Arthur and Kulusevski, and keep Zakaria as rotational.
there are still so many question marks besides that:
4 or 3 atb?
Danilo counted as CB or RB?
Cuads stays or not?
who is going to be our main LB if we choose to pay 5m to the reserve one
Vlaho stays?
Milik redemption?
Kulusevski?
Di Maria extends?

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
there are still so many question marks besides that:
4 or 3 atb?
Danilo counted as CB or RB?
Cuads stays or not?
who is going to be our main LB if we choose to pay 5m to the reserve one
Vlaho stays?
Milik redemption?
Kulusevski?
Di Maria extends?
Of course, I was only talking about midfield management. There is a pressing need for a left footed CB- one of Pau Torres or Ndicka would suffice. Play a back 4. Unfortunately it seems we're stuck with Sandro so no movement on the LB front. Cuads out. Get Cambiasso/De Winter on the RB position or Fresneda if we're willing to spend. Vlaho stays and is given another chance, only leaves if he flops under another manager. Milik out, bring in Thuram on a free as he can play either wing or ST. Perhaps loan Kulusevski again elsewhere and if we bring in a De Zerbi-type manager the year after then give him a second chance. Extend Di Maria for another year.

As for the midfield I guess we could bring in SMS but only on a cheap. I'm not overly keen on him but I'm not sure what other options are out there. We need someone of his stature to replace Rabiot. We can also safely assume that Pogba will miss most of next season, which leaves us with a bare-bones midfield of Locatelli, Fagioli, Rovella and Zakaria.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 47)