Buffon vs Capello ? (1 Viewer)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by DelpieroForLife ] ++
What is your point??? who the hell talk about assisting????
Capello said that Zlatan should play the ball faster and be less selfish... do u think he is now???
Seeing most of Juve's games this season I DON'T THINK SO
What I'm saying is that you can say that Zlatan doesn't pass enough and whatnot, but his assists tally shows us that he's improving that aspect of his game, and you can't complain about his selfishness when he's got 10 assists in his first season here.

Anyway this isn't about Zlatan, so let's have a non-Zlatan, non-DP player discussion for once.

OP
ZhiXin

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #25
    ++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
    the expectations on buffon are a little high
    Of course. Buffon wasn't awarded the "Best Goalkeeper in the World" for nothing.

Juve89

The Farmer
    May 27, 2004
    Capello has a right to question Buffon but frankley I don`t think that he was a better keeper before than now every keeper or player has theirs up and downs and we are soooo lucky to have a goal keeper of that calibre....

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
    Oct 27, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Juve89 ] ++
    Capello has a right to question Buffon but frankley I don`t think that he was a better keeper before than now every keeper or player has theirs up and downs and we are soooo lucky to have a goal keeper of that calibre....
    so true :D

May 30, 2004
    cappello's methods usully work .. he might ve threatened replacing him with baldi chimenti.. then buffon might probably get ticked off.. but come on source chnnel 4 .... i doubt it even happened the way they say .. or happened at all

Espectro

The Grimreaper
    Jul 12, 2002
    I'm going to go with Capello on this one...

He is the coach his work its to critic a player if he has done something wrong, and he can criticese any player, none of them should be big enough to be criticese, I don't care if the player its the "Best keeper in the world" if he did something wrong, its the coach's job to be his critic and its the player's job the accept the critic and learn from his mistakes to not make the same mistake...

slack

Dec 13, 2002
    For someone who's been around for less than a season compared to Alex and Buffon, some of you guys are defending Capello as if the sun shines out of his ***

As for lying, setting players against each other etc, I'm not putting it beyond Capello in trying that sh!t on our captain and Buffon. Not everybody responds to that 'style', certainly not the old guard apparently.

Juve is still playing rubbish, with added luck and hence results compared to last season. Again, not everybody buys into the hype about him being the best in the business.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

Oh, and those 10 assists had nothing to do with Zlatan passing the ball, right?
    Pretty much all of them were "tiro-cross" which means as much as "strike-cross". Zlatan's shots were so bad they became assists.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Espectro ] ++
    I'm going to go with Capello on this one...

He is the coach his work its to critic a player if he has done something wrong, and he can criticese any player, none of them should be big enough to be criticese, I don't care if the player its the "Best keeper in the world" if he did something wrong, its the coach's job to be his critic and its the player's job the accept the critic and learn from his mistakes to not make the same mistake...
    Capello was right for criticising Buffon about that goal. Buffon indeed looked very bad there. But we also all know Capello isn't the greatest human being. Just look at the way people like Totti and Montella talk about him now.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
    Jul 12, 2002
    Capello may not be the best human being, but he is the coach, so I think he is doing his job...

And besides he doesn't have to be the best human being, he has to be the coach, thats for what he is getting pay, not to socialice with the players...

And by the way... Seven, I don't have anything against you, but this "war" between you and Gray its getting very pointless... I mean we all know that you don't like Zlatan, but you have to face that he is a Juve player and that at the moment he is very important for us...so please stop with the "anti- Zlatan" movement, I think we all have eough with the "Anti-DP" movement (wich I also think its stupid and pointless)

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
    This is merely an exergeration.. i bet capello had told buffon some quiet pointers and buffon was a bit quiet for the rest of the game. big deal.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Espectro ] ++
    Capello may not be the best human being, but he is the coach, so I think he is doing his job...

And besides he doesn't have to be the best human being, he has to be the coach, thats for what he is getting pay, not to socialice with the players...

And by the way... Seven, I don't have anything against you, but this "war" between you and Gray its getting very pointless... I mean we all know that you don't like Zlatan, but you have to face that he is a Juve player and that at the moment he is very important for us...so please stop with the "anti- Zlatan" movement, I think we all have eough with the "Anti-DP" movement (wich I also think its stupid and pointless)
    I think that "war" is long gone, Espectro. Yes, I know he's important for us, because we made him important. I just don't know whether it was a smart decision to make Zlatan an indispensable member of our team or not.

Aug 26, 2003
    I think Capellos has the right to critisis every player no matter of the name! IMO Buffon was not that good in the last weeks but still i think he will take this critism positiv and come out stronger!

but surely the media are putting their shit to this topic!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)