Buffon vs Capello ? (1 Viewer)

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Buffon and Capello clash? Thursday 17 February, 2005

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

There are more signs of tension at Juventus after boss Fabio Capello reportedly ‘clashed’ with Gigi Buffon.

Reports in Italy today insist that the tactician angered the ‘keeper, by allegedly criticising his performance in the 2-1 win against Udinese on Sunday.

Capello is understood to have approached the No 1 about the Dino Fava goal he conceded - a strike that was wrongly ruled out for offside by the referee.

The former Roma boss is also believed to have questioned his recent positioning for crosses.

Buffon, widely considered as the best shot-stopper in the world, is understood to have not taken kindly to the criticism, concluding training in a subdued mood.

These have been difficult weeks for the Turin giants after they saw their lead over Milan slashed from eight to two points in just 180 minutes of football.

Today’s reported clash with Buffon comes just a week after another alleged incident at the club’s training base.

Stories last Friday suggested that club official held crisis talks with the squad, resulting in an alleged exchange of angry words between Capello and captain Alessandro Del Piero. The club subsequently denied the story.

The Old Lady, who face a crucial Champions’ League trip to Real Madrid next Tuesday, have yet to comment on this morning’s claims

source: channel4.com

Comments pls?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
capello has the right to question buffon , i think he is not like he was before , and that is scary especially before real game

isha00

Jun 24, 2003
Capello has ever right to tell the players if they make mistakes, then it depends on how he told him..
Btw, this is still gazzetta writing, I guess they only want to prove a point, after Capello and Del Piero stated that what they wrote about their "argument" last week is false.

OP
ZhiXin

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #5
    Actually he should take Capello's positive criticism, after all Capello is doing for the team's interests. We should play as a team and stand as a team, not disrupting the team becos of personal feuds.

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
    I can not accept any kritik on buffon.. he saved us so often... other players make mistakes (Montero, Thuram) and capello says nothing.. Buffon is also a human, everybody can make mistakes..

forza gigi..

Dec 26, 2004
    Between all of our players Capello choose Buffon to critisize !!!!

God he had a long queue of players who need to wake up and surely Buffon is not the first one in the queue....

Buffon will be vital against Rea... trust it....

We have two players in the current squad who u can be 100% sure that they will perform in big occassions....
    Gigi, Zambro....

OP
    ZhiXin

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #8
    I think u both r jumping to the conclusion that Capello only criticizes Buffon and not other players. BUT u don't know wad happen in the training ground rite? He might have criticized other players too, it is juz that the media didn't pay any attention to those but they pay special attention to Buffon cos he's regarded as a world class keeper.

Remember that Zlatan was also criticized as well? But he was thankful to Capello for teaching him how to play and not to hog the ball for too long.

So I think this is juz a trival matter. I hope that all players will perform 100% against Real.

Dec 26, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by ZhiXin ] ++
    I think u both r jumping to the conclusion that Capello only criticizes Buffon and not other players. BUT u don't know wad happen in the training ground rite? He might have criticized other players too, it is juz that the media didn't pay any attention to those but they pay special attention to Buffon cos he's regarded as a world class keeper.

Remember that Zlatan was also criticized as well? But he was thankful to Capello for teaching him how to play and not to hog the ball for too long.

So I think this is juz a trival matter. I hope that all players will perform 100% against Real.

I didnt notice that he understand...

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    It is always good to criticize the player with influence, if he takes it peacefully, the whole team will be affected, if he does not the whole team might have some lack of discipline

Dec 26, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

Oh, and those 10 assists had nothing to do with Zlatan passing the ball, right?
    What is your point??? who the hell talk about assisting????
    Capello said that Zlatan should play the ball faster and be less selfish... do u think he is now???
    Seeing most of Juve's games this season I DON'T THINK SO

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by ZhiXin ] ++

A player should not be criticized on media.. at least no one should know that..only the coach and the player, capello has to talk to the players, and not do that, where every one hear it..

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by DelpieroForLife ] ++

What is your point??? who the hell talk about assisting????
    Capello said that Zlatan should play the ball faster and be less selfish... do u think he is now???
    Seeing most of Juve's games this season I DON'T THINK SO
    If you have a bad habit, and someone notices it about you and you decide to change it, how long does it take you to do so?

Dec 26, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Maresca78 ] ++

A player should not be criticized on media.. at least no one should know that..only the coach and the player, capello has to talk to the players, and not do that, where every one hear it..
    It is OK if Capello critisize the best goalie in the world for conceding an offside goal....
    but it is NOT OK if he asked Zlatan to be a lil bit less selfish (with fully respect for his assist) and try to pass the ball from time time...
    Right???

OP
    ZhiXin

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #16
    ++ [ originally posted by Maresca78 ] ++

Everybody knows about the media, that loves to blow things out of proportion. But overall it depends on how the player responds to this issue. So I think that Buffon should swallow his pride for the sake of the team.

Dec 26, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++

If you have a bad habit, and someone notices it about you and you decide to change it, how long does it take you to do so?
    OK u have a real point now... I agree with u that he needs more time to change his playing style....

but it is not like if Zlatan scores 10 goals and had 9-10 assists... he become a GOD and no one should critisize any single detail of his playing style....

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    TBH I think Buffon could use a little bit of criticism. His performances haven't been that good recently and perhaps a wake-up call would be beneficial. However, it depends on how Capello criticized him..

OP
    ZhiXin

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #19
    ++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
    TBH I think Buffon could use a little bit of criticism. His performances haven't been that good recently and perhaps a wake-up call would be beneficial. However, it depends on how Capello criticized him..
    and most importantly, how Buffon handles this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)