Buffon the wonderfull (1 Viewer)

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Gianluigi Buffon had proven he is the best goalkeeper in the world when he was presented as the most valuable player in europe and as the best goalkeeper.

The juvee goalkeeper deserved all that,because he had two wonderfull seasons with the italian champions.

Pavel Nedved was presented with the best midfielder in europe, a title that he really deserved.He had fantastic performances with juve this season.

Juventus prove they have the best players in Europe in Monaco.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
I don't ever remember a keeper being named MVP. That's really an achievement, good job Buffon! Though I hope Nedved won't be forgotten for the Golden Ball.

Imagine having Buffon and Nedved in the top 3 for golden ball (with Nedved obviously the winner) :eek:

I'm bafled how Carlos won the best defender. That guy hardly knows how to defend, he's only famous cos he has a strong shot fm outside the box, but he's not among the top 20 defenders in the world.

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
http://www.uefa.com/competitions/SuperCup/news/Kind=1/newsId=95982.html

Buffon voted season's finest
Thursday, 28 August 2003
Gianluigi Buffon received the Most Valuable Player award at the UEFA European Football Awards ceremony in Monaco on the eve of the season curtain-raising UEFA Super Cup. The Juventus FC player is the first goalkeeper to receive the top prize at the awards, which reward performances in the previous season's UEFA club competition campaigns.

Best player
After accepting the Best Goalkeeper award from former Manchester United FC player George Best, Buffon was later called back on stage to accept the Most Valuable Player from Prince Albert of Monaco. The Italian international goalkeeper produced a string of superb saves as Juventus reached the UEFA Champions League final and produced an inspirational performance in the showpiece itself, even though Juve were ultimately edged out on penalties by AC Milan.

Top trio
As well as Buffon in the goalkeeper section, there were three other main category winners. Real Madrid CF's Roberto Carlos was presented with the Best Defender accolade by Roberta Bettega, Pavel Nedved received the Best Midfielder award from Didier Deschamps, while Manchester United's Ruud van Nistelrooij's scoring exploits saw him presented with the Best Forward award by a former United scoring sensation, Sir Bobby Charlton.

Maldini tribute
In addition, Milan's Paolo Maldini received the UEFA President's Award from Lennart Johansson in recognition of a long career at the highest level for club and country and loyalty to the club he joined as a boy.

Sharpshooter Makaay
There were several other presentations during the lavish ceremony. Roy Makaay received the ESM Golden Shoe from Eusébio; the UEFA Cup-winning coach, José Mourinho of FC Porto, received a trophy from Vicente Del Bosque; while the winning coach in the Champions League, Carlo Ancelotti of Milan, received an award from by Ruud Gullit.

Charity presentation
Meanwhile, the UEFA Chief Executive Gerhard Aigner presented the UEFA Charity Cheque for one million Swiss francs, to the referee of this season's UEFA Champions League final, Markus Merk. The sum is to be donated to the Make-A-Wish Foundation. Dutchman Aron Winter also received a Special Award from UEFA President Lennart Johansson as a tribute not only to his distinguished career in the game but also his stance against racism.

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
I don't ever remember a keeper being named MVP. That's really an achievement, good job Buffon! Though I hope Nedved won't be forgotten for the Golden Ball.

Imagine having Buffon and Nedved in the top 3 for golden ball (with Nedved obviously the winner) :eek:

I'm bafled how Carlos won the best defender. That guy hardly knows how to defend, he's only famous cos he has a strong shot fm outside the box, but he's not among the top 20 defenders in the world.
I don't get it either... He shouldn't have been given this award!!!!

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
me too!!!!!!!!!!!!
when i said to my best friend to guess who was nominated for the most valuable player she was guessing 10 minutes!!

when i told her it was gigi,
she freaked out!
she couldn't believe it!
but she was very happy! ;)

(not more than me of caurse :devil: )

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
this is HUGE everything went as expected except for carlos??? nesta at least should have been called. but carlos??? anyway im soo happy!!! finally juve getting the credit they derserve in europe. we have the finest keeper. in the past when i said buffon was the best everyone one was like no kahn but finally its a fact that buffon is the BEST!!!!!!!!!!! and SOO HAPPY for nedved, finally he got some recognition. i think buffon and nedved could get the golden ball... :D :D :D :D

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
wow!
if the judges knew how badly roberto carlos defends and if just took better PKs, we would have saw 4 juve players walk away with awards:

Nedved
Buffon
Thuram
Lippi

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
Why did R.carlos win the best defender award is beyond me, Poor Maldini he deserved it more than any other defender in the world :(

Congrats nedved and Gigi :):thumb:

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by PersianMafia ] ++
this is HUGE everything went as expected except for carlos??? nesta at least should have been called. but carlos??? anyway im soo happy!!! finally juve getting the credit they derserve in europe. we have the finest keeper. in the past when i said buffon was the best everyone one was like no kahn but finally its a fact that buffon is the BEST!!!!!!!!!!! and SOO HAPPY for nedved, finally he got some recognition. i think buffon and nedved could get the golden ball... :D :D :D :D
yeah me too.....:fero:
when i as saying that buffon is the best everyone was saying that,
ok,
he is good but there are better too!!!!
same about neddy.....

but THIS is called.....nice,
wonderful,
hot,
amazing,
sutisfying,

REVENGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RORZA GIGI!!!!!!!!!

FORZA NEDDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
Everybody shout with me now!!!!!! FORZA GIGI OOWWWwwww!!!!!!!!!! jump and dance around !!

Everybody shout with me now !!!!!!! FORZA NEDVED OOWWWwwww!!!!!!!!!!jump and dance around !!

amazing!!! absolutely amazing!!!!!!! :eek: :eek:

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

:party: :party: :party: :party:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)