Buffon rejects play-off talk (1 Viewer)

SiccSense

Jul 4, 2006
Gianluigi Buffon has dismissed suggestions that Juventus will need the play-offs to secure a Serie A return, insisting that automatic promotion is on the cards.

The Turin club’s spirits rose after beating Vicenza and Crotone, leaving them on minus-10 points now – and the CONI Arbitration Court could decrease it further after the October 11 hearing.

“I think that the deduction has helped us to play better, as it was a motivation for all of us,” said Buffon.

“We are not thinking that the points will be reduced, but we now have a winning mentality that can allow us to regain the Serie A without even having to go through the play-offs.”

Buffon also hit out at his Serie A colleagues, stating that if he were in their shoes he would have no interest in winning this year’s Scudetto.

“If I were in Serie A, with Milan in Serie B and Roma, Lazio and Inter all forced to start with a point deduction, I would get no satisfaction from winning the title,” continued the goalkeeper.

“I assume that whoever is playing in Serie A now is forced to say that they are happy, but I am not sure this is true – I personally like to win only when all the opponents compete on equal terms.

“This is not meant to be an attack on Inter, it’s what I think in general.

“I think the Nerazzuri could have won the title even if there had been no point deductions for the other clubs, and again I think it would have been more satisfying for them had that been the case.”

Source: channel4.com

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I dont agree on:
"the deduction has helped us to play better",
since we already lost two valuable points to a weak adversary...
and when (and if) a point deduction comes, we will further relax and loose our focus and more points...

either i believe that Milan will loose this title, but i believe that Buffon is just toying with them:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)