Buffon in bullish mood (1 Viewer)

Aug 26, 2003
Gianluigi Buffon has admitted that the change of coach at Juventus breathed new life into the players.

Juve struggled last term and the departing Marcello Lippi was replaced in the summer by Fabio Capello.

Capello's team have started the season brightly, kicking off with wins in Serie A and the UEFA Champions League.

Buffon feels confidence has returned to the team and believes the signs are positive for this term.

"We struggled last season, but now it is different," he said. "We have found ourselves again.

"The coaching change certainly had an impact. It stimulated us and motivated us and we have our hunger back.

"I have never seen Thuram play so well, Del Piero is all quality and when Nedved gets to 100 percent fitness, we will be strong."

Buy on AliExpress.com

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
good to see Buffon with such confidence..

BUT,
last year we started the season very well, I think.. but after that Inter match that we lost at home, everything went dark from there.. our weakest link was unveiled.. I hope this time it'll stay hidden..

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
Good point...

I think the next month and a half will decide whether the team is good enough to compete with the best of the best.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Gandalf ] ++
good to see Buffon with such confidence..

BUT,
last year we started the season very well, I think.. but after that Inter match that we lost at home, everything went dark from there.. our weakest link was unveiled.. I hope this time it'll stay hidden..
am sure it wont happen this year !

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Thuram is back in his natural CB, and he's playing great so far. We know what kind of player is Cannavaro, so no need to talk about him. :)
What we lack in the defence is LB. We have Zambrotta, but if he gets injured, we have none decent to replace him.

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++

am sure it wont happen this year !
what makes you so sure..??

this is football.. no guarantees, you can't say "we will win all the matches", "we can't lose", etc.. you have to prepare the mentality of the players for these kinds of things.. if you don't learn from your mistakes, you won't accoplish anything.. just because we had a good start., we should lay down and smile!!!??
there are lots to do.. and being at the top of the table is easy, but staying there is the difficult part..

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Arif ] ++
Thuram is back in his natural CB, and he's playing great so far. We know what kind of player is Cannavaro, so no need to talk about him. :)
What we lack in the defence is LB. We have Zambrotta, but if he gets injured, we have none decent to replace him.
Not true at all, Birindelli and Pessotto can replace Zambo easily, they would have been first team regulars at most big clubs especially Biri.

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Gandalf ] ++

what makes you so sure..??

this is football.. no guarantees, you can't say "we will win all the matches", "we can't lose", etc.. you have to prepare the mentality of the players for these kinds of things.. if you don't learn from your mistakes, you won't accoplish anything.. just because we had a good start., we should lay down and smile!!!??
there are lots to do.. and being at the top of the table is easy, but staying there is the difficult part..
Hey these players and staff is 1000% professional, they know everything, and just because Juve teared apart last year doesnt mean it will happen again. And to think it is certainly the wrong mentality, there are no guarantees as you said, but there is no signs for Juve to follow Real and Roma!!!!

So this is just negative speculation, useless.

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Lilianna ] ++
anyone noticed gigi ALWAYS has smg to say...??

this week he made a state nearly every day!!!
You know a keeper can analyze and see everything in the match from his position, and he is one of Juve's biggest stars, so its obvious that he has alot to say to the journalists who of course is interessting to ask him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)