Buffon defends naughty Cassano (1 Viewer)

May 30, 2004
Gigi Buffon has backed Antonio Cassano to have a successful year despite his troubled start to the campaign.

The Roma youngster was sent-off in Week 1 and was then suspended by his club for three days after a misunderstanding with boss Rudi Voller.

That has led to mass criticism of the Italian starlet but Buffon has defended his international colleague.

"It is true that Cassano has made some stupid mistakes but he’s a champion and he’ll prove that on the pitch," said the Juventus ‘keeper.

"These things can happen to all players but he just needs time to recover. I’m convinced that he will have a positive season."

The Azzurri starlet will have an opportunity this evening to make amends as the Giallorossi take on Lecce.

Cassano is expected to start the game after convincing Coach Voller that he is in the right frame of mind to play.

The former Bari ace is set to partner Vincenzo Montella. Francesco Totti will begin on the bench after recovering from injury.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Geof

May 14, 2004
? What has Buffon to do with that? None of his business if you ask me.

But he's definitively right. Cassano is a great player and will have a good season.

River

Jun 15, 2004
he must give his opinion on everything.

Hey Gigi, what do you think about offering trauma support to suicidal monkeys?
Gigi: 'I think its a great idea. Monkeys are people too'

OP
Modo Bianconero
May 30, 2004
  • Thread Starter #6
    ++ [ originally posted by River ] ++
    he must give his opinion on everything.

Hey Gigi, what do you think about offering trauma support to suicidal monkeys?
    Gigi: 'I think its a great idea. Monkeys are people too'
    :D lol nice one man.... i hope he doesnt put himself in suh a position though....toti cassano team mate doesnt back him up and says hes fed up and buffon backs him !!!

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    This is all a ploy in order to plant the seeds for Cassano's eventual move to Juve.

Unless a player from Lecce comes out and says the same thing.

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
    Not a chance, Cassano like Totti will be at Roma forever.

Cassano is brilliant, but he is still young, people should stop critising him, everytime he even the tiniest mistake!

Ramin

vBookie Champion
    Nov 18, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++
    Not a chance, Cassano like Totti will be at Roma forever.

Cassano is brilliant, but he is still young, people should stop critising him, everytime he even the tiniest mistake!
    i dont think that his mistakes are as tiny as you put it.

the guy should get spanked for not respecting his coach and elderly. :D

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Modo Bianconero ] ++

:D lol nice one man.... i hope he doesnt put himself in suh a position though....toti cassano team mate doesnt back him up and says hes fed up and buffon backs him !!!
    River is a gurl , i know it shows as if she's a boy , i got mixed up too at first ....

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Mr. Gol ] ++

Let me guess...you're a guy after all, you're 7 feet tall, weigh 300 pounds and you have a black belt in karate? :D

No, she's a girld, but she is 7 foot tall, and doesweigh 300 pounds :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)