Bruno Alves - CB - Zenit St Petersburg (107 Viewers)

Nardonejuve

Mar 21, 2010
Hope we keep Bonucci and buy Bruno.
In a ideal world yes but I dont think so. If we did lose bonucci the upside is Sorensen will have two good CB to learn from and at the age of 19 I already feel is development is far better then bonucci is in the 1 years they've both been with us. i honeslty think sorensen will become better then bonucci sooner rather then later.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Hope we keep Bonucci and buy Bruno.
I hope so too, Melo. I really don't like this knee jerk pattern of buying players, and then selling them a year later at a significant loss - unless their names are Pepe, or Motta. :D

This environment has been toxic, the player is under a ton of pressure, the squad has been dysfunctional - especially the defense - the coach has changed, the guy is young; he should be third choice, and spend 2-3 years in the environment, to see if he can grow into that role. 24 years old, and only two years in the league. We need to give him a chance to succeed, by bringing him along slowly. It's not Bonucci's fault that he was a relatively expensive purchase; just because a player doesn't live up to his price tag doesn't mean he should automatically be sold; that can just make an unfortunate situation even worse.

We do need to buy a 1st choice CB right now, though.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/?action=read&id=290474
"Mio figlio è uno dei migliori difensori al mondo, così come la Juve è uno dei principali club che il calcio propone. E' normale che insieme possano stare bene, infatti il desiderio di Bruno è di vestire la maglia bianconera". Il papà Bruno Alves, giocatore dello Zenit di San Pietroburgo, spinge per un trasferimento alla Juvetnus. Le sue parole al quotidiano "TuttoSport" sono chiare e ricche di significato: "Questo l'ha detto chiaramente ai dirigenti dello Zenit, pur garantendo loro che da buon professionista accetterà le decisioni della società. Spero proprio che tra una settimana mio figlio si trovi a Torino".

The bold part: (not the best of translates...)
We made ​​it clear to the leaders of Zenit, while providing to them in good professional manner,that will accept the decisions of the managment. I hope that within a week my son will be in Turin. "

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
I'd say Lugano and Alves are too similar - not just in terms of style, but age-wise too. Not sure I can see the point of signing both, being 31 yo and all, when the team has only serie A games to worry about unless you guys are planning to send Chiellini at LB ... just don't see either Lugano or BA going to Juve to sit on the bench.

Personally, it makes more sense to get one of those two and a young(er) defender who'd be groomed to be a starter in a couple of years or so ... not saying that player should be Bonucci but someone about his age and more capable - Coates (seems to have gone to 'Pool) comes to mind

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I'd say Lugano and Alves are too similar - not just in terms of style, but age-wise too. Not sure I can see the point of signing both, being 31 yo and all, when the team has only serie A games to worry about unless you guys are planning to send Chiellini at LB ... just don't see either Lugano or BA going to Juve to sit on the bench.

Personally, it makes more sense to get one of those two and a young(er) defender who'd be groomed to be a starter in a couple of years or so ... not saying that player should be Bonucci but someone about his age and more capable - Coates (seems to have gone to 'Pool) comes to mind

That is exactly what I was thinking if both Lugano and Alves come to Juve. People are going to say that it is a stupid move, and that he's not nearly as good a LB as he is a CB, which is somewhat true. However, he would be a massive improvement over Zeigler and Kutcher that a backline of Licht-Lugano-Alves-Chiellini would just about qualify as fap worthy. All the while still keeping the depth at CB with Barzagli and Sorensen.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
That is exactly what I was thinking if both Lugano and Alves come to Juve. People are going to say that it is a stupid move, and that he's not nearly as good a LB as he is a CB, which is somewhat true. However, he would be a massive improvement over Zeigler and Kutcher that a backline of Licht-Lugano-Alves-Chiellini would just about qualify as fap worthy. All the while still keeping the depth at CB with Barzagli and Sorensen.
that would be a very solid defense albeit a bit static, IMO - I think best balance is achieved when one of the full backs is more defensive, while the other more attacking, providing width in attack on his flank. Lichtsteiner is decent gong forward but probably the best side of his game is still his defense ... same for Chiellini

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
It's not overdoing it for a Scudetto challenging team, i.e. unrealistic at this point in time.
3 top CB is a must for a top team but I am still not sure anyone of the two would agree to play second fiddle to the other considering the lack of CL games - a young up-and-comer is much more likely to agree to that ... and then there is Barzagli as the 4th CB too.

jussr

Jan 26, 2011
Chiellini 27
Alves 29
Lugano 31
Barzagli 30

not the youngest of defences, but by no means critical. And we'll have a great prospect like Sorensen honing his trade in Serie A.

Edit: And we always had a very experienced defence in our golden years.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Chiellini 27
Alves 29
Lugano 31
Barzagli 30

not the youngest of defences, but by no means critical. And we'll have a great prospect like Sorensen honing his trade in Serie A.

Edit: And we always had a very experienced defence in our golden years.
teams that get silverware are rarely young

think about the average age of italy2006 or inter 2010 and see what they won

big juventus sides allways were a bid on the old side

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 105)