Britney gets married!!! (1 Viewer)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++

Thankfully off topic :angel:
I can't remember the last time that a moderator with a sunny disposition such as Tom's was ever thankful that a thread went off-topic.

K10

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Loppan ] ++
All this reminds me of an episode of "Friends" when Ross & Rachel got married in Vegas :D
I don't know if TBS did this for spite but they showed that episode just now :D

Ross didn't want to get the annulment and lied to Rachel about it.

Loppan

Jul 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by K10 ] ++

I don't know if TBS did this for spite but they showed that episode just now :D

Ross didn't want to get the annulment and lied to Rachel about it.
A swedish channel also showed that episode last night :D

gray

Apr 22, 2003
hmmm so it's been annulled, but i don't get the whole system. Sounds like an off-the-record divorce to me :groan: I bet if it was an ordinary couple rather than Britney, they'd say "no, those aren't sufficient grounds for an annullment".

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
I think they would Gray. Both of them were drunk. Both want an annulment. It seems simple - unless you have a deep-seated religous belief that marrage is not reversable. But then, they probably got married by an Elvis impersonator. ;)

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
Lol, an Elvis impersonator.

I think what she did isnt cool, the time she marries whoever she loves wont be her first time marrying and how lame is to remember when youre older that when you were 22 you got MARRIED as a joke when you were drunk in a 15 min short wedding, they shouldnt have had let her divorce for like a year so her actions caused some consecuences

Loppan

Jul 13, 2002
In that episode of Friends :

Pheobe : If you get married in Vegas then you're only married in Vegas
Monica: No, you're not.
Pheobe: What???!!!!

Pheobe reminds me of Britney :D

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by fabiana ] ++
Lol, an Elvis impersonator.

I think what she did isnt cool, the time she marries whoever she loves wont be her first time marrying and how lame is to remember when youre older that when you were 22 you got MARRIED as a joke when you were drunk in a 15 min short wedding, they shouldnt have had let her divorce for like a year so her actions caused some consecuences
It's a pity that the annulment means that technically, she hasn't been married before. I think she should be taught the consequences of her actions, especially considering how many young girls look upto her. Talk about degrading the value of marriage :sigh:

Britney's hometown not laughing at 'joke' marriage

KENTWOOD, Louisiana (AP) -- If Britney Spears' marriage was just a joke gone too far, the people in her hometown think the joke stinks.

The people in Kentwood, Louisiana, population 2200, have been caught up in the media frenzy and are thinking, "What's Britney done for Kentwood lately?"

Reporters staked out the family home of her ex-husband, Jason Allen Alexander, and the sheriff was called to disperse crowds two days in a row.

Alexander's grandfather says Alexander's father had to close his garage where he works as a mechanic because reporters kept intruding on Monday.

The co-owner of a hair salon says she wishes the improvement of their town got as much attention as Spears' wedding. Another resident says, "She's not building character. She's not a mentor to anyone."

However, a worker at the Kentwood Museum says Spears is "just a very nice, hometown country girl."

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #72
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

It's a pity that the annulment means that technically, she hasn't been married before. I think she should be taught the consequences of her actions, especially considering how many young girls look upto her. Talk about degrading the value of marriage :sigh:

Marriage is overrated

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by -Z- ] ++

Marriage is overrated
    Be that as it may, it's not a good thing for young girls to think that going to Vegas to get married in a 15 minute ceremony is the hip thing to do :wallbang:

Asma

Doctor Asma
    Oct 21, 2003
    there iz also sth about britney that she got married to some guy for like 55 hours only,and then got divorced!!

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
    spare change out of her pocket :groan:
    Yeah, I would have held on for the full $40m+. God knows, if it was the other way around, the woman would generally get half of everything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)