british rock music vs american rock music (12 Viewers)

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
vlatko said:
there's this aussie band called jet. their debut album, get born, is pretty good imo. nothing special but the song "are you gonna be my girl" is just awesome, quite refreshing rnr.
Yer there actually just realised a new song forget its name tho its decent actually! I wouldnt say they are talking the world by storm but there done really well here!

Buy on AliExpress.com

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Jeeks said:
However, I think the list lacks a lot. There is a few reggae artists. The electronic scene is missing where you see lots of Pop and Rock. They shouldn't have called it music, they should have mentioned that it is not all genres of music. Ok, they have concentrated mroe on Rock, but again we ask the same question, where are the Zeppelin? I am sure they have influenced many bands.
thing is lists like this can never be complete, it depends on your musical background.

i think the list is quite alright, sure not mentioning zeppelins is a bit of a flop, they practically invented modern hard rock and were the first to combine various folk and other instruments in their music. but the list does mention robert johnson who was indeed a quite big influence to both robert plant and jimmy page, both were blues orientated at the begging of their careers, so he did save himself there.
there's no deep purple as well, one of the best hard rock bands, but still i think it's a fair list.

don't know too much about electronic music though.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Well, electronic music exists, they only mention Kraftwerk. Of course they are the grandfathers of electronic music but many others had influence as well.

But you are right about never having a complete list, such a list can be endless. I am not saying I am disagreeing with the list, I do agree with lots of it.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Jeeks said:
Well, electronic music exists, they only mention Kraftwerk. Of course they are the grandfathers of electronic music but many others had influence as well.

But you are right about never having a complete list, such a list can be endless. I am not saying I am disagreeing with the list, I do agree with lots of it.
of course it exists, but like i said, it depends on your musical background, and this guy's background is obviously 60's era.

laffayette

Jul 11, 2006
Sianconero said:
OK, I've found another crazy friend:p :D :eyebrows:
I think with their recent Album (Black Holes ...) they are now even better than Radiohead
Yeah, I love Muse very much but I dont think (or at least not yet...) they're about the same level as the Radiohead yet. Radiohead are legends :agree:

el_02

Jul 31, 2006
From Brit, I love Queen, the Beatles, Oasis, Blur, The Verve, Radiohead, and you don't mention PUlp n Coldplay!
From US, (from the list) I like Bon Jovi, Nirvana, Pearl Jam,U2, and RHCP..
So, I guess... I prefer Brits!! And, actually I listened them mostly.. over and over.. everyday..

el_02

Jul 31, 2006
laffayette said:
Yeah, I love Muse very much but I dont think (or at least not yet...) they're about the same level as the Radiohead yet. Radiohead are legends :agree:
Yeah, they're legend.. and Thom Yorke is a weirdo genius!

But my advice is: avoid them during the exam week
They're so damn genius that if you listen to them while you're studying... you'll get more and more frustrated.. trust me..

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
love a bit of both massive fan of foo fighters, green day(14 year love affair) ramone's,nirvana, lots of good american bands but mostly british bands is where i find great music.
the clash, the jam, radiohead, pink floyd,idlewild,stereophonics,ocean colour scene, queen,are all groups i love but there are many good british bands coming through such as kasabian, editors, arctic monkeys but i also like aussie group JET

with so much variety why worry where they hail from

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Enron said:
Why isn't Ace of Bass on the list? :D
hahah :D

what about creed or five for fighting!?!?!?! i believe that no band on earth -brit or american could compete if ace of base and creed joined forces. am i right or am i right?!?!:eyebrows:

laffayette

Jul 11, 2006
el_02 said:
Yeah, they're legend.. and Thom Yorke is a weirdo genius!

But my advice is: avoid them during the exam week
They're so damn genius that if you listen to them while you're studying... you'll get more and more frustrated.. trust me..
Indeed.

Hey, who says that? They're actually giving you a motivation to study :p

Guzzler

Apr 14, 2006
el_02 said:
From Brit, I love Queen, the Beatles, Oasis, Blur, U2, The Verve, Radiohead, and you don't mention PUlp n Coldplay!
From US, (from the list) I like Bon Jovi, Nirvana, Pearl Jam,and RHCP..
So, I guess... I prefer Brits!! And, actually I listened them mostly.. over and over.. everyday..

Just want to point out U2 are Irish, Not British!!:agree:

RoBi

Dec 22, 2005
British bands are superior.

As far as diversity goes Beatles stand on top.

As far as musical depth and awsome use of dynamics goes Pink Floyd tops every band.

On the other hand, as far as individuals go....Jim morrison, jimi hendrix, elvis presley , tom petty etc etc America has the upper hand.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)