british rock music vs american rock music (9 Viewers)

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
your list is missing too many influential rock bands on either side.. how about the Jam? how about the undertones?

Anyway, IMO, whilst american and british music were mostly on an equal level in 70-60s, Britain has far surpassed america in terms of todays music. America has just shit in rock, its embarrissing..

Joaco

the cronopio
Dec 11, 2005
Where are the sex pistols, New Order, Joy division in the british side?:(!
as Jack said:
Jeeks said:
Not a specific side, some Brittish are good and some American are good.
I think the same

Max

Jul 15, 2003
salman said:
your opinion.

i think that the element of socially and politically conscious music has been more present in british bands than in american bands.there is a whole host of british bands like pink floyd,the clash,the pistols,u2 etc that made music based on socio-political themes.the american side of rock music has been more focused on the sex,drugs and rock n roll thing imo.i cant think of too many american bands that made serious socially or politically concious music.
You're sort of right because The Wall (Pink Floyd) is about everything that is fooked about music (drugs, record companies, crazy fans), basically the American influence on the music industry.

Sianconero

Dec 13, 2005
With all my respect to Americans like: Red Hot Chili Peppers, Nirvana, Jim White, Tom Waits, ... I finally choose BRITISH !!!
And Australians like AC/DC, Nick Cave

And these days I'm enjoyin Black holes And Revelatins from MUSE, Agroup that I feel they're flying on the right way. Their Great Simply

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

29 Pink Floyd
The Dark Side of the Moon (1973)
Without this ... there'd be no Thom Yorke solo mumblings, and much less prog rock (if only ...).

35 The Ramones
The Ramones (1976)
Without this ... no fun.

:lol:

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Alfio_87 said:
i must admit australian rock is getting better!! we finally got some decent sh it coming in!
there's this aussie band called jet. their debut album, get born, is pretty good imo. nothing special but the song "are you gonna be my girl" is just awesome, quite refreshing rnr.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
However, I think the list lacks a lot. There is a few reggae artists. The electronic scene is missing where you see lots of Pop and Rock. They shouldn't have called it music, they should have mentioned that it is not all genres of music. Ok, they have concentrated mroe on Rock, but again we ask the same question, where are the Zeppelin? I am sure they have influenced many bands.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)