Breel Embolo - ST - FC Basel (2 Viewers)

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Act fast and you sign a player.

That's how it's done.

You wait and it's Veratti all over again.
wasnt it Raiola who screwed us up over Verratti. 50% of Bouy + 10-12M was supposed to go to Pescara in exchange for Verratti who was supposed to stay a year at loan there too, which Raiola refused to do. thats atleast what i read here so im not sure about it

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012
In my mind, he's always been morata's replacement should he choose real madrid next summer, otherwise he won't be needed since we are hopefully going to buy berardi

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Act fast and you sign a player.

That's how it's done.

You wait and it's Veratti all over again.
In Verratti's case yes.

But then you have Sanchez and Higuain case where people believed and some still believe that we could have gotten them for 22mln if we acted faster, despite them going for twice as much in the end.

So it all depends if the selling club is eager to sell or wait for better offers.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
wasnt it Raiola who screwed us up over Verratti. 50% of Bouy + 10-12M was supposed to go to Pescara in exchange for Verratti who was supposed to stay a year at loan there too, which Raiola refused to do. thats atleast what i read here so im not sure about it
That happend, but main reason we didn't get Verratti is because we didn't value him enough to do simply just buy him. We were working on him for long while until PSG got into the picture. Our squad was stacked in CMs but both him and Pescara would been ok with a loan back if we had closed the real quickly enough (kinda like how we did with getting Berardi quick in trades/Co own, learned our lesson I think).

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
That happend, but main reason we didn't get Verratti is because we didn't value him enough to do simply just buy him. We were working on him for long while until PSG got into the picture. Our squad was stacked in CMs but both him and Pescara would been ok with a loan back if we had closed the real quickly enough (kinda like how we did with getting Berardi quick in trades/Co own, learned our lesson I think).
yeah, seems we didnt value him that much back then, probably has more to do with us being stacked at CM rather than not rating him i think. it still kinda annoys me, even in such a situation we still could have got him if Raiola didnt refuse that transfer

freakin Bouy, wish we never bought him

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
yeah, seems we didnt value him that much back then, probably has more to do with us being stacked at CM rather than not rating him i think. it still kinda annoys me, even in such a situation we still could have got him if Raiola didnt refuse that transfer

freakin Bouy, wish we never bought him
It was Troisi that refused them.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Yup, I think early in the dealing with Pescara (if I remember it right) they asked for 3,5 million for the half of Veratti but we thought it was too much.

We simply didn't want to give away money for him.

JuveID

Allegri and Beppe Mania
Feb 5, 2015
Relax, marotta will get another special talent.
There is so many talent player in the world. Not just veratti.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yeah, like who? Especially for Italian club, Verratti is pretty much only world class italian in younger generation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)