Brazilians the key (1 Viewer)

OP
Alex

Alex

May 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #61
    ++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++
    bah.. i'd take Totti, Zidane, Okocha, Cassano, Nedved, anytime over any brazilians...
    Out of the 5 players you have chossen that are better than Brazil's elite only 2 of them are Italian. Of course Brazil can be matched by a combination of the best players from every country but that was not my point. We were comparing Italians and Brazilians only.

PS: 2 Cassano's wouldn't match 1 Ronaldo. Ronaldinho has evidently surpassed anything Totti has every achieved in his first year of playing for a top club. And Nedved looks a shadow compared to KAKA. Zidane is French and Okocha is Nigerian so why have you raised their names, at least Nedved plays in Italy.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    we should never generalize.just because some brazilians are flashy and produce little end product(ie. denilson) doesn't mean they are all like that.brazil normally has better players than italy does,period.we don't have many individuals on a similar level as theirs.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
    we should never generalize.just because some brazilians are flashy and produce little end product(ie. denilson) doesn't mean they are all like that.brazil normally has better players than italy does,period.we don't have many individuals on a similar level as theirs.
    As two football-obsessed nations, it certainly doesn't hurt matters that Brasil has 3-4x the population of Italy (or most Western European countries for that matter) -- and that proportion only magnifies at the playing age level.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++

Out of the 5 players you have chossen that are better than Brazil's elite only 2 of them are Italian. Of course Brazil can be matched by a combination of the best players from every country but that was not my point. We were comparing Italians and Brazilians only.

PS: 2 Cassano's wouldn't match 1 Ronaldo. Ronaldinho has evidently surpassed anything Totti has every achieved in his first year of playing for a top club. And Nedved looks a shadow compared to KAKA. Zidane is French and Okocha is Nigerian so why have you raised their names, at least Nedved plays in Italy.
    oo.. so we are comparing Italian and Brazilians now.... i thot we are just adouring Brazilians and how they are the only supreme football race in the world....

p/s: why are you comparing a brat and a twice world footballer of the year?
    National teams aside, Ronaldinho is as blant as totti is successwise... and Nedved is a Eurpean Footballer of the year, Kaka just some kid who score a lot of beautiful long shots... Zidane is an example of non-Brazilian master skill but still keep it to a level of significane and elegant... and Okocha.. is a very bad example..yes.. he is brazilian born in a body of a nigerian..

i akwnoledge brazilian's individual skills, i think RONALDO and Zidane as the two legendary players out of current generation... but it doenst mean i like them to be in my team.. i just dont like their excessivity.. i like Cassano and Totti's kinda elegance more....

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by SloJuventus ] ++
    a member of soccer age forum from brazil has sad that there's a lot of talk about Diego in Juventus in the last week.
    You call that a reliable source?

Jun 1, 2004
    Could this be the formation next season

Buffon
    Def: Thuram-Mexes-Zebina
    Mid: Nedved-Maresca-Diego-Emerson-Zambo
    Att: Del Piero-Trezeguet

Only 4 new players. And a team that coulf easilly win the CL and only 3 players over 30.

Jun 1, 2004
    After a long concideration i think that this is the best formation for Juve next season.

Buffon
    Def: Thuram-Mexes-Zebina-Zambo
    Mid: Nedved-Maresca-Diego-Emerson
    Att: Del Piero-Trezeguet

This formation would have it all.
    -Not too old

-Good defence (not the best but still very good)

-Great midlefield (two experienced stars with much experience from them Maresca and Diego would learn a lot and Maresca and Diego have great potential.)

-Great attack. ( I just hope there wont be much injuries next year for Del Piero)

-Great atmosfere (No Vieri and Emerson, he would do anthing to be with Juve)

-Super Coach (Capelo is just class)

-We wouldln't spent much on players. (Diego will be cheap, Zebina is free, Mexes is cheap and Emerson will be cheap becaouse he only want's to join us :) )

This team would be good for anorher 3 years with minimum investments.( A replacement for Nedved and Thuram.) I honestly think that this is the best possible Juve formation for next year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)