Brazilian Player Dies after Heart Attack (1 Viewer)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Brazilian player dies

Sao Caetano defender Serginho has died after suffering a heart attack during Wednesday's Campeonato Brasileiro match against Sao Paulo.

The club's official website stated that the 30-year-old suffered a suspected cardio-respiratory arrest although the official cause of death was not immediately released.

The match was abandoned after Serginho's collapse in the 59th minute at the Morumbi Stadium in Sao Paulo.

Medical staff at the ground attempted to revive the player - who full name is Paulo Sergio de Oliveira Silva - as stunned players looked on helplessly while others break down in tears.

Serginho was still unconscious when he was rushed to the Sao Luiz hospital with Sao Caetano president Nairo Ferreira later informing reporters that he had died shortly after arrival.

"We did what we could do, but the situation was very serious from the moment he fell to the ground," doctor Jose Sanchez said.

Serginho is survived by his wife and his 4-year-old son.

Earlier this year, a third-division player collapsed and died during training in Budapest while Benfica's Hungarian player Miklos Feher collapsed during a Portugal top flight match against Vitoria Guimaraes and later died in hospital.

In 2003, Cameroon star Marc-Vivien Foe collapsed and died after suffering a heart attack during the semi-final of the Confederations Cup.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:down: Rest in Peace

Buy on AliExpress.com

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Rest in peace :down::down::down:

But 1 thing I don't understand is, y do athletes like them suffered from a heart attack all of a sudden?

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
Rest in Peace, I hope you will end up in Heaven!
I just read about it in the newspaper! SAD!

OP
gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #18
    Did anyone see the memorial video of Miklos Feher? It was posted on xtratime a while ago.

It's 23mb and its great quality. its starts of with goals then onto the tragedy, but there are no pictures of the fall or him suffering It then goes on to the the tributes paid to him in Portugal and many other things along the way.

I was on the verge of bursting into tears when I watched it :sob:

http://web.interware.hu/admin1/Feher_Miklos_In_memoriam_By_Bentex.wmv

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)