Boxing (10 Viewers)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Pac was surprised that Floyd wouldn't engage him in a slugfest and was surprised that he ran at the end. Really naive performance from Pac Man. If he had just gone for it off the first bell, I think it would have been a different story.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
Pac was surprised that Floyd wouldn't engage him in a slugfest and was surprised that he ran at the end. Really naive performance from Pac Man. If he had just gone for it off the first bell, I think it would have been a different story.
Agreed.

I think Pacquiao thought that Mayweather would respect him, respect that both were ending their careers and have a slugfest/power fight. Mayweather proved that, as unlikable as he is, he's in it to win it and he fought like he always does. Take your opponent out of his game, be technically sound, be defensively sounded, and counter attack when your opponent makes a poor attack leaving himself open or when he gets frustrated and goes off his game plan.

And Mayweather showed us why boxing has a dying fanbase. If it's not a slugfest, it's a snooze fest.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Agreed.

I think Pacquiao thought that Mayweather would respect him, respect that both were ending their careers and have a slugfest/power fight. Mayweather proved that, as unlikable as he is, he's in it to win it and he fought like he always does. Take your opponent out of his game, be technically sound, be defensively sounded, and counter attack when your opponent makes a poor attack leaving himself open or when he gets frustrated and goes off his game plan.

And Mayweather showed us why boxing has a dying fanbase. If it's not a slugfest, it's a snooze fest.
You forgot the last part of Floyd's game plan, "If you're ahead at the end, run like a bitch".

That's probably why I hated Bernard Hopkins until he turned 40. Then it was fun to watch.

Knowah

Jan 28, 2013
You forgot the last part of Floyd's game plan, "If you're ahead at the end, run like a bitch".

That's probably why I hated Bernard Hopkins until he turned 40. Then it was fun to watch.
Eh, I don't think he ever ran from Pacquiao as the three judges all had Mayweather winning the last three rounds. I don't know what to say. I never felt like he was running from Pacquiao. I felt like he was doing the same thing he did the entire match: he avoided, defended, countered. If that appears to be running then he "ran" the whole fight. Again, this is why the UFC has overtaken boxing in terms of popularity in the US. It's just more exciting. And even in the UFC you see matches that go the distance and are boring. Take-down, arm wrestle, stand up. Georges St. Pierre made a career out of it. It is what it is.

Knowah

Jan 28, 2013
If this fight happened 5 years ago. Who wouldve won?
Depends really. I'd say Mayweather because he looks like he's lost a step in terms of speed. But otherwise, his style remains the same.

Also, the official match statistics make it even more obvious Mayweather won.

Pacquiao: 81 landed punches.
Mayweather: 148 punches landed.

Pacquiao connected on only 18% of his punches thrown! This is why he wore down in the last three rounds. He was gassed as fuck...

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
That was very boring. I am not a boxing fan but I tuned in because of the hype. Watching Black dude dodge everything that Asian dude tried for 12 fights was very boring. Boxing would be a much more fun game if they kept the game running until one of them is knocked out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)