Boxing (19 Viewers)

OP
Vinman

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
  • Thread Starter #81
    no its not bad but i would rather stick to promoting rather than have ppl remember me losing my last 2 bouts
    and thats what people always seem to remember....they dont remember the victories that you had earlier in your career, just the final few losses

it seems like most of these guys end up staying too long past their prime (my cousin included)....Lennox was smart to get out when he did- on top !!

Buy on AliExpress.com

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
    and thats what people always seem to remember....they dont remember the victories that you had earlier in your career, just the final few losses

it seems like most of these guys end up staying too long past their prime (my cousin included)....Lennox was smart to get out when he did- on top !!
    true but they put themselves in that position by selling out for the money. and its not like oscar needs the money, he definitely lost the fire for fighting as well IMO

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005

which is why Joe Calzaghe needs to think long and hard about whether to carry on. he has cemented his legacy and can retire with the admiration of boxing fans the world over

Il Re

-- 10 --
    Jan 13, 2005
    which is why Joe Calzaghe needs to think long and hard about whether to carry on. he has cemented his legacy and can retire with the admiration of boxing fans the world over
    yea, undefeated, recent wins against jones jr and bernard hopkins, if he retires now, that's what will be remembered, an undefeated champ for over a decade

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    aye and tbh i do not think he is money-motivated either. the only way he will get back into the ring is if there is an absolutely outstanding fighter that he feels the need to batter 7 bells out of. he worked for a long time to cement his legacy i doubt he will throw it away recklessly for a few bucks :xfinger:

OP
    Vinman

Vinman

Jul 16, 2002
  • Thread Starter #86
    :agree:

OP
    Vinman

Vinman

Jul 16, 2002
  • Thread Starter #88
    HOLYFIELD GOT ROBBED !!!!!!!!:faq2:

He CLEARLY won the fight against Russian giant Valuev, having never really been hit or hurt in the entire fight

One judge scored it even, the other 2 judges had it for the Russian by 1 and 2 points

Its no wonder why boxing is losing its fanbase, with decisions like this :tdown: :tdown:

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

Indeed Vinman. I'm not a huge boxing fan and even I could tell this match was a disgrace. Valuev had nothing to show against the movement and ability of Hollyfield, same old direct punches that were going nowhere againt left/right hooks, landing on the face, by Hollyfield. Too bad Valuev is one huge lumber and is practically impossible to knockout.

Yesterday, boxing lost to simple power. Shame really, would have been quite a story had there been some justice.

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
    HOLYFIELD GOT ROBBED !!!!!!!!:faq2:

He CLEARLY won the fight against Russian giant Valuev, having never really been hit or hurt in the entire fight

One judge scored it even, the other 2 judges had it for the Russian by 1 and 2 points

Its no wonder why boxing is losing its fanbase, with decisions like this :tdown: :tdown:
    ya he got screwed again! but this proves that boxing (especially heavy weight class) is dying out and on its last strides

OP
    Vinman

Vinman

Jul 16, 2002
  • Thread Starter #98
    15 Jan 2009 Valuev-Holyfield Update!

By Gabriel F. Cordero

The World Boxing Association has begun to review and to consult about happened in the fight between Nicolay Valuev and Evander Holyfield on December 20th in Zurich. “We are going to review all that happened to see if irregularities in the fight did happen. All our fights are important and we give a lot of attention to each one and this will not be the exception independently on the claims on the part of Holyfield. It is the duty of the WBA to review thoroughly the video of this fight and any situation out of the ring. We have to seek a good answer for the fans, the world press and above all to take care of the integrity of the results,” said Gilberto Mendoza Jr., WBA Executive Vice-President. At the WBA Headquarters in Panama, Mendoza Jr. will head a group of Panamanian WBA judges to analyze the video of the fight round by round. Referees Pierluigi Poppi (116-112) and Mikael Hook (115-114) scored the bout for Valuev, while Guillermo Perez Pineda had it 114-114. The results of the investigation will be known “in the next weeks.”

fightnews.com
    :tup:

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    in other news Amir Khan has written off any chances he had of any kind of career by signing up to fight Marco Antionio Barerra, sure Barerra is 35 but his class,heart and tactical nous will probably humiliate the boy

just who is advising this kid?

OP
    Vinman

Vinman

Jul 16, 2002
  • Thread Starter #100
    in other news Amir Khan has written off any chances he had of any kind of career by signing up to fight Marco Antionio Barerra, sure Barerra is 35 but his class,heart and tactical nous will probably humiliate the boy

just who is advising this kid?
    nah Bozi, Barrera is finished

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 6, Guests: 9)