Bovo and Kompany in Juve link (1 Viewer)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Bovo in good Kompany
Wednesday 23 February, 2005

Cesare Bovo and Vincent Kompany are the latest youngsters to be associated with Italian giants Juventus.

The Delle Alpi outfit are keen to rejuvenate their central defensive options for the new campaign, due to the lack of cover for Lilian Thuram and Fabio Cannavaro.

Juve presently only have Paolo Montero and Ciro Ferrara at the club as possible alternatives, following the January departures of Nicola Legrottaglie, Mark Iuliano and Igor Tudor.

Given that Montero is widely considered as past his best, and that Ferrara will retire in the summer, the club need some new faces.

Under-21 international Bovo (pictured) is being monitored after his performances for struggling Parma this term.

The stopper, who is on loan at the Stadio Tardini, is part owned by both Roma and Palermo.

The latter are willing to do business with the Bianconeri but the capital boys are not so keen, as they would like the former Lecce youngster at the Olimpico in the future.

That may see Juve look elsewhere, with Anderlecht ace Kompany another possible acquisition.

The 18-year-old is highly-rated across Europe, leading to real interest from both Milan clubs recently.

Juventus are apparently ready to offer £4m plus a player between Tudor, currently on loan at Siena, and striker Marcelo Zalayeta.

channel4.com

Buy on AliExpress.com

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
I doubt it, Bovo will want to go back to Roma...he is a Romanista and will want to play for Roma, plus Juve's record of giving youngster a chance is less then inspiring, and that is a factor...ditto for Kompany!

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
-Kompany for Zalayeta+cash

-Barzagli for Cash

-Miguel/Oddo for Cash+Birindelli or Pessotto/Cash

-Rosicky or someone else like him

-Cassano :D

Daddi

Oct 27, 2004
good news :D saw Kompany on futol Mundial a couple of days ago. He seems really promising!

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #6
    I think we can forget about Bovo, but Kompany would be a fine signing.

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #8
    He'd be a good back-up player but Roma might be reluctant to give us their half of him. I'd rather go for Andrea Barzagli or Luis Perea anyways.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
    I'd rather go for Andrea Barzagli
    Same here
    He totaly neutralised our forwards when we played palermo
    I never saw Kompany play but I hope he is good when half of europes big clubs want him and he is young too
    Maybe next year we should give a chance to Masiello

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #11
    All of a sudden I want an Abramovic to take over the club. Well, not really, but why does Moggi have to be so stingy all the time?

Ramin

vBookie Champion
    Nov 18, 2003

I dont understand why Juve is being linked with Bovo oftenly. The guy SUCKS. He's a crapier version of Bonera, who is already overrated. Even Tudor would be like a god compared to that piece of trash.

Daddi

Oct 27, 2004
    I want:
    -Barzagli
    -Tudor back
    -some young hot prospect defender
    -A creative midfielder of worldclass
    -another good forward

May 4, 2004
    if we get kompany... we are garentied a lifetime worldclass defender... HE IS FANTASTIC!!!! 4real!

and we need a player like aimar to... and we need a NICE right back, or bring chiellini back and use zambrotta as a right back :D

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by David Del Piero ] ++
    I want:
    -Barzagli
    -Tudor back
    -some young hot prospect defender
    -A creative midfielder of worldclass
    -another good forward
    What, no Formation? :D

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
    Kompany, I saw him when he played for Belgium, at the age of 17 against France, he had Henry is his pocket!

And again for the Tsunami game, he pretty good, I know its like an exbition, but defenders didnt have a good time, and he did well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)