Bosvelt to Manchester City (1 Viewer)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
City close in on Feyenoord midfield ace Bosvelt

Manchester City are expected to complete the signing of Feyenoord midfielder Paul Bosvelt on Wednesday morning after the clubs agreed a fee.

The 33-year-old, who saw a move to Rangers fall through when the Rotterdam club refused to let him go on a free transfer, will travel to Manchester on Wednesday to discuss personal terms after the club's agreed a fee - believed to be around £700,000 - on Tuesday night.

Bosvelt said: "I really hoped Feyenoord would co-operate - they did and I'm pleased they grant me this transfer.

"Of course I hoped to go [to Rangers] on a free, but I understand Feyenoord is not a charity foundation. They need the money to replace me."

Bosvelt also hit back at claims he fell out with Feyenoord coach Bert van Marwijk, which gathered momentum when he turned down the captain's armband for the new Eredivisie campaign.

But the former Dutch international, who has also played for SC Doesburg, Go Ahead Eagles and FC Twente in Holland, insists he made the decision to quit as skipper in April.

"The last few weeks the media suggested that I have have some trouble with the coach. That is absolute rubbish. I made the decision to quit as captain in April.

"I had a good conversation with van Marwijk and that was all. All the wild stories are really untrue."

Speaking to the club's official site, Bosvelt added: "Van der Herik told me he had granted me the status of a transfer, but not when the other club was the only one who should benefit. I was satisfied with this."

Should the deal go through, Bosvelt will become City's fourth capture of the close season following David Seaman, Michael Tarnat and Trevor Sinclair to the City of Manchester Stadium.

---------------------------------------------

I've always admired Bosvelt, he's not a superstar but he's hardworking and inspirational for the team. I think Man City's team is getting much stronger...man have you guys seen Tarnat's freekicks? :fero: Such a shame about Foe though, I think they were planning to sign him permanently or extend his loan deal. :down:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Gray, these transfer rumours that don't have anything to do with Juve should really be posted in the Misc Soccer section.

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
GREAT! I'm all for it! :extatic:

I'm sure that my favorite EPL team will have a great season... all though Foe was a big part of their team last season, I feel these new signings will be good for Man City.

I'm not to happy about Seaman though... :groan:

FORZA MAN CITY!

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Yeah, the avatar really is something special innit, but no, I didn't make it myself. Some nutter with the middle name Seedorf helped me with it, real retard he is :D;)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Kaliman ] ++
GREAT! I'm all for it! :extatic:

I'm sure that my favorite EPL team will have a great season... all though Foe was a big part of their team last season, I feel these new signings will be good for Man City.

I'm not to happy about Seaman though... :groan:

FORZA MAN CITY!
Who else have City signed besides Seaman and Bosvelt? :angel:

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Godot ] ++
Yeah, the avatar really is something special innit, but no, I didn't make it myself. Some nutter with the middle name Seedorf helped me with it, real retard he is :D;)
Yeah, I've heard of him. He's a bastard, you really shouldn't hang out with weirdos like him. :D

++ [ originally posted by Godot ] ++

Who else have City signed besides Seaman and Bosvelt? :angel:
Trevor Sinclair and Michael Tarnat... and of course that dumbass signing David Seaman...

Hopefully Bosvelt will be added to the squad soon. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)