Boston Legal (1 Viewer)

OP
mikhail

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #5
    It's really good. You might also like his Texas death penalty speech.

The drama is nice, the friendship between Shore and Crane is at times quite touching, but mostly it's the great lines of dialogue and absurdest comedy that keeps me watching.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    The Crane clip you posted was just boring to me, in fact I've never liked the actor in any role. But Shore is really something else.

OP
    mikhail

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #7
    Which one? I'd be a bit surprised to find that someone didn't find the first one funny. The second one I can imagine being down to taste though.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    The one where he shoots a guy with a rifle. I found it to be two very long minutes. The bar fight was hilarious though.

OP
    mikhail

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #9
    Could I tempt you into giving the show a go? Checking when its on Dutch TV and watching an episode?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Ok John. I think the show is quite interesting, I like a lot of law shows, although they tend to get very repetitive. What I don't particularly like about this one is how.. manufactured it feels. David E. Kelley, isn't that the guy who did Ally McBeal? So he has what a decade of law tv behind him and he's not exactly bursting with fresh ideas. When I say manufactured I mean that the scene sequences, interrupted with short clips of music, all that stuff is sooo part of every law show. There's little new here I think.

Alan Shore is fantastic, I love the character. But the rest are sort of there to make up the numbers, that's my impression from watching one episode.

Also, I'm not too crazy about how writers make up all kinds of idiotic cases all the time, like family members fighting over some stupid thing or stuff like that. It's tiring.

AlexTheGreat

May 10, 2006
    Alan Shore, he has a silver tongue, shame that he broke out with Tara one of my favorite characters in this drama so soon.
    the editors should come up with more stories about them

OP
    mikhail

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #15
    I'm impressed at the speed with which you followed that up Martin. Valid criticisms, sure, but I enjoy it enough that they're not things which bother me. Yes, Kelley is the guy behind Ally McBeal (and The Practice) though they were different. The Practice in particular was very much more serious.

I guess it was already well established that we enjoy different styles of comedy. :biggrin:

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    I'm impressed at the speed with which you followed that up Martin. Valid criticisms, sure, but I enjoy it enough that they're not things which bother me. Yes, Kelley is the guy behind Ally McBeal (and The Practice) though they were different. The Practice in particular was very much more serious.

I guess it was already well established that we enjoy different styles of comedy. :biggrin:
    It just seems to have very little to offer besides Shore.

I think I prefer the more serious ones. I almost feel like I've seen all the law comedy I can take with this intrigue material.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)