Books you're reading (11 Viewers)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I am sure you've heard about Crime and Punishment, I will just write you down the author's name Fyodor Dostoevsky.

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
I want to recommend "The devils of Loudoun" and historical essay written by Aldous Huxley about a famous case of massive demoniac posession in medieval France. The book really open a wide frontiere of understandings about religion and the psychology of human soul....

OP
mikhail

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #387
    Jeeks said:
    I am reading Nineteen Eighty Four.
    Nawaf said:
    Oh, so am I! Amazing book, isn't it?
    Erik said:
    Had to do it for school. Good read though not the best I've ever read
    I'm forever intending to read that one. Any of you read Huxley's Brave New World? Another in the same vein I've never gotten around to (though I've seen the film).

Erik, I'm shocked you haven't heard of Crime and Punishment - it's very famous.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Erik said:
    What can I say... I'm not nearly as well-educated as I come across :D
    Not even Dostoevsky rang a bell?

I heard something about his book and it is what makes it amazing, he describes everything so well; the main character has a fever throughout the story and the author's description of the sickness makes you feel that you also have a fever.

Mar 6, 2005
    mikhail said:
    Any of you read Huxley's Brave New World?
    I've got Brave New World, but I never got to finishing it... One needs to be very determined to read that book, I must say... Maybe I'll get to finishing it in a few years.. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)