Books you're reading (20 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Dostoyevsky still topping my list. When it comes to the style and brilliance of it I'd give it to Tolstoy since he's like the most mathematically accurate writer with beautiful sentences. Fyodor is more rough but he touches the soul on entirely different level, he's the Froyd before Froyd and if somebody loves layers, seeing people as unfinalizable self goes deeeep as it can get. His work is also on a different scale as he perfect polyphony in the literature work since he has so many characters with different ideas that are like living creatures and not just writers imagination.

In the top 5 I'd easily put Pekic who should've gotten biggest prizes for his work.

But it's a difficult question since there are far too many names I'd like to mention and all are kinda different in their own way.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Leo Tolstoy
Mark Twain
Charles Dickens
Fyodor Dostoevsky
Jane Austen
William Shakespeare
Alexandre Dumas
Dante
Victor Hugo
Jules Verne
James Joyce
Charlotte Brontë
Louisa May Alcott
Herman Melville
Lucy Maud Montgomery
Jean Webster
William Faulkner
Gustave Flaubert
George Eliot
should separate them by era at least, and by genre. it would be too hard a task for me to even pick one writer as my favorite.
This is a tough one, but I gotta go with Mark Twain!

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
I've read way too little and too much popular books. Easy readings. When there's more than a handful characters I get lost, I'm too stupid to catch on. I'd agree with above but honestly i haven't read any of it. Now I'm reading Trevor Noah's book and love it.

Skickat från min SM-G991B via Tapatalk

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Pictures of Lucy Maud Montgomery's home. The author of eight beautiful novels, the most famous of which is Anne of Green Gables.She was a writer who used the events and places of her life to creatively create these eight works.

- - - Updated - - -

Dostoyevsky still topping my list. When it comes to the style and brilliance of it I'd give it to Tolstoy since he's like the most mathematically accurate writer with beautiful sentences. Fyodor is more rough but he touches the soul on entirely different level, he's the Froyd before Froyd and if somebody loves layers, seeing people as unfinalizable self goes deeeep as it can get. His work is also on a different scale as he perfect polyphony in the literature work since he has so many characters with different ideas that are like living creatures and not just writers imagination.

In the top 5 I'd easily put Pekic who should've gotten biggest prizes for his work.

But it's a difficult question since there are far too many names I'd like to mention and all are kinda different in their own way.
you are right. you certainly read more books than me. i like direct satire, humor, and the quaintness of American characters and the village and town life in the 1900s. mark twain! Reading his books took up a large chunk of my childhood.

Last edited:

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
A mind for numbers" by Barbara Oakley
this book has some awesome tips. it really helped gear you towards expanding your intellectual capabilities. She said in the book, "Our minds are built to solve complex problems."
I have not read the whole book, but some sentences are great.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
@Post Ironic @GordoDeCentral yo

Can you please list me books that you found interesting or name your favourite ones that are a bit weird and different, like you mentioned Pinchon and Laslo. I liked those recommendations. I have birthday coming quite soon and I was thinking of getting some, plus my friends want to buy me some so they asked me for some short list. I wanna see yours that you mention so I can check if we have the translation here. If you know my taste I guess you can take that into your consideration too

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
The last book I've read on vacation was The Schopenhauer cure by Irvin D. Yalom.

I loved every page of it, I'm thinking of reading it again. It really woke my love for philosophy again...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)