Bonnefoi to Start (1 Viewer)

Jul 12, 2002
"Juventus' game with Cagliari this weekend will see a Serie A debut for young keeper Landry Bonnefoi.

The Turin side will travel to Sardinia without Italy international Gianluigi Buffon, who is suffering with the foot injury that kept him out of last weekend's 1-1 draw with Fiorentina.

Second choice keeper Christian Abbiati, who featured against Fiorentina, will be unable to play due to a muscular problem. Both keepers have missed training this week, and it is unlikely that Abbiati will make a quick recovery.

Saturday's clash with Cagliari will be a baptism of fire for the young French keeper, as the Sardinian side are fighting to avoid relegation."

-Sky Sports
So Bonnefoi is starting. This is a good thing, IMO. I've been very tired of seeing this obvious talent wasted on the bench. I expect you'll be pleasantly surprised with his performance.

Any thoughts?

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I have been waiting two years to see this guy finally play. I am worried that this is a tough situation for a new keeper to be in. I doubt he gets much practice with our back line. But Forza Bonnefoi!

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
I hear he is a gangstA. Forza Bonnefoi

P.S. How do you pronounce his name? "Bon-eh-foe-ee" or "Bonne Fwa" or something else?

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Sir Sebastian said:

P.S. How do you pronounce his name? "Bon-eh-foe-ee" or "Bonne Fwa" or something else?
Actually, if you take the literal French translation, "Bonne-foi" means "Good-faith". I certainly hope so. :nervous:

OP
Ian
Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #7
    Sir Sebastian said:

Bone-eh-Fwa, to use your method...

Tino

Il Tedesco
    Feb 1, 2005
    cool! Landry to start! what a birthday-special for me.... lol!

No, but its a good chances to show what he can!

Forza Landry bonnefoi!

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Sorry to everyone who was looking forward to seeing Landry play against Cagliari..

Juve 'keeper crisis over
    Friday 14 April, 2006
    Juventus’ goalkeeping crisis for the game against Cagliari on Saturday seems to be over after Gigi Buffon and Christian Abbiati returned to training.

The duo were present amongst their teammates at yesterday afternoon’s session after struggling with injuries all week.

Buffon had been absent for two days as his problematic foot injury, which forced him to miss the Fiorentina match on Sunday, continues to hamper him.

Abbiati stepped into his boots with few problems and even saved a penalty, but picked up a slight muscle strain during the encounter.

That led to suggestions that Juventus would be forced to play with the untested Landry Bonnefoi at the weekend.

However, the Frenchman may not be needed after all with Capello set to call upon the services of either Buffon or Abbiati.

Although Juventus’ Press silence is making it difficult to gather information from the Turin giants, it seems that Abbiati may be handed the No 1 shirt for the Sardinian trip.

The League leaders, currently seven points clear of Milan, will be without the suspended Lilian Thuram.

David Trezeguet and Emerson also took part in a light running session on Thursday, but their presence at the Stadio Sant’Elia remains in doubt.

Giuliano Giannichedda is set to be out too after he failed to shrug off an injury.

Philipp00

Jan 31, 2004
    look which shit tribalfootball is writing :

Juventus in for Cagliari's Bonnefoi as emergency signing
    tribalfootball.com - April 13, 2006

Juventus are set to snap up Cagliari goalkeeper Landry Bonnefoi.
    The 22 year-old is being lined up as an emergency signing with Gigi Buffon and Christian Abbiati struggling with injury.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
    Mar 29, 2006
    Fliakis said:
    didnt already play an official match some time ago?
    I dont think he has, I have already checked the coppa italia matches and found that most if not all had abbiatti starting with a rare exception of buffon. As for serie A, well it wouldnt be capello if he actually even gave him a try. Unfortunately for him here goes another chance to start as abbiati looks to steal the spot and ive also heard from eurosport than buffon is in decent shape too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)