bonera and gilardino (3 Viewers)

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by dimassimo01 ] ++
Isn't Moggi putting in a Gilardino bid to help Emerson get here? I heard that the deal was that Juve would pull out of the bid for Gila and let Roma have him if they lowererd the price for Emerson. Is this correct?
Unless Roma outbid us and sell Emerson to someone else. Then we lose twice...

Mar 14, 2004
Juve confirm Gilardino interest
Saturday, 10 July 2004

by Nadia Carminati
Juventus general manager Luciano Moggi has conceded that the Serie A giants are keen on sealing a deal with Parma for striker Alberto Gilardino.
The prolific Italy international is being pursued by a host of Europe's biggest clubs and an auction for his services is likely to ensue in the summer.

''Gilardino is young, he's good and we are interested in him,'' confirmed Moggi. ''We have looked at him but at the moment he costs too much.

''We can't lose money but surely spending in a good way is another thing.''

However, the player has yet to declare a desire to leave Parma and insists he will not move if he is not guaranteed playing time.

"I have a contract with Parma until 2006 and being in the plans of teams like Juve, Roma and Real can only flatter me,'' Gilardino told Gazzetta dello Sport.

''Juve? If I go there as fourth striker, at that point it would be better staying at Parma.

''My agent thinks the same. Better staying in Parma than leave to be a fourth forward.

"For a guy who plays football I think that the name of Real Madrid would be something special. But I'm professional and Juve and Roma are a really great opportunity.''

Although the club have expressed an interest in Gilardino, it appears team-mate Daniele Bonera has not been earmarked for a similar move to Turin.

''Bonera? He's a good player but we aren't interested in him - we won't buy him,'' continued Moggi.

In what could be a busy close-season at the Stadio Delle Alpi, Marek Jankulovski and Massimo Oddo have been short listed for a move but the names of Edgar Davids and Christian Vieri have been dismissed.

''The Czech midfielder is good,'' he said. ''If Udinese want we have good young players, like Maresca, for example.

''Oddo? It could be done, if Lazio would accept an exchange with some of our players.

''People who left in that way can't think to come back. As for Vieri, we have made a technical choice and we have the conviction that we have done a good thing.''

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
But then Juventus can do whatever it wants with him, including sitting on the bench in a year. I would not want to be in such an inflexible situation, if I were a very promising Italian striker.

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
I would really want to see micco and gila in attack... im sure that would devolop into the azzuri attack, since micco is a support striker and gila is a hit man. Cassano can play behind them as a deep striker/attack midfielder.

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
don't wanna spoil it for anyone, but in those games even DP has scored like 4 goals! :D

anyway according Baraldi, Gilardino is not for sale! (calciomercato)

I'm hoping that we have actually some kind of an agreement with them.
Cause this hasn't been the tone in the past! Just lateley as Roma keeps
pointing out about their option on Gilardino that Parma has said he is
not for sale!

let's C what happens!

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
just some time ago moggi was quoted as saying that gilardino out of our summer plans.

let's not get our hopes up just yet until we hear something promising.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
I wonder why we make a thread about Moggi's talks every time, after all we know what Moggi is... A big fat liar!! :D But he's just cool anyway... :cool:

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Pendir_E65 ] ++
Miccoli scored two goals tonight!

Miccoli + Gilardino could have been a great attack for Juve...
Maybe not great, but a hell of a lot better than Del Piero and Trezeguet...

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
I wouldn't say that, because a Trezeguet in form, is the best finisher in the world, and IMO Miccoli will still have to wait one year, till he can fight for the starting place!

reneu

Jul 2, 2004
++ [ originally posted by A_LAcki ] ++
I wouldn't say that, because a Trezeguet in form, is the best finisher in the world
that's right! I remember his beginnings at juve, where he was so hungry for goals, and scored one after another! I want this trezeguet back!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)