Bologna ? - ? Juventus (1 Viewer)

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
our youngsters/reserves deserve a chance to participate in the run in...we can afford to do so not only because of our 5 point cushion but because the milanese derby is on this weekend as well....we should rest our key players for the roma and barca matches happening in the space of 4 days...besides,playing our reserves in such a match is only gonna spurn them on to rise to the occaision:)

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
++ [ originally posted by mate ] ++
Did you change your nick name too?:eek:
So many did it lately :stress: the situation start to be confused :confused:
Anycase... nice that you came back with your old avatar: is very nice :thumb:
thanks. I see you changed your avatar too.

Holden

Aug 3, 2002
I don't know why but I have a bad feeling about this game. The team must focus on 3 points, we have Roma and Lazio very soon and haven't played well against those 2 for a while. With Inter and Milan self destructing, we must show why we are the leaders.

Huzi

Oct 9, 2002
guys , Milan 1 - 0 Inter .
so we MUST win on sunday cause we need these ****in 3 points / they are very importent for us , the gap will be massive 8 pts from the 2nd Milan . . .

forza Juve

Huzi

Oct 9, 2002
Trezeguet is sidelined by a shoulder injury but the good news is that he doesn't need surgery. Salas is out after having an operation on his knee. Tudor misses out through suspension following his red card against Torino last weekend. Conte is set to come in.

PROBABLE LINE-UP:
(4-4-2): Buffon, Thuram, Iuliano, Montero, Pessotto, Camoranesi, Conte, Davids, Nedved, Del Piero, Di Vaio.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
The standings at this point:

01. Juventus Torino --- 27 : 60
02. AC Milano ---------- 28 : 55
03. Inter Milano -------- 28 : 55
04. Lazio Roma --------- 27 : 48
05. AC Parma ----------- 27 : 45

Huzi

Oct 9, 2002
These are the players selected for the match against Bologna:

1 BUFFON
2 FERRARA
3 TACCHINARDI
4 MONTERO
7 PESSOTTO
8 CONTE
10 DEL PIERO
11 NEDVED
12 CHIMENTI
13 IULIANO
15 BIRINDELLI
16 CAMORANESI
18 DI VAIO
19 ZAMBROTTA
21 THURAM
23 OLIVERA
25 ZALAYETA
26 DAVIDS
34 PARO

Except for the disqualified Tudor, the not selected for Bologna are the injuried: Trezeguet, Salas, Fresi and Zenoni.

from Juventus.com

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Huzi ] ++
Trezeguet is sidelined by a shoulder injury but the good news is that he doesn't need surgery. Salas is out after having an operation on his knee. Tudor misses out through suspension following his red card against Torino last weekend. Conte is set to come in.

PROBABLE LINE-UP:
(4-4-2): Buffon, Thuram, Iuliano, Montero, Pessotto, Camoranesi, Conte, Davids, Nedved, Del Piero, Di Vaio.
Why aren't Ferrara, Tacchinardi and Zambrotta starting? :confused:

I know that they may be tired and I cincerely believe that they deserve a rest, but now is not the time for that!

With the crucial 2nd leg fixture against Barcelona coming up we need all of our players to be match fit and tuned up for the match, and directly, Bologna are no pushovers, so I really think we should go with our first choice lineup.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++
Why aren't Ferrara, Tacchinardi and Zambrotta starting? :confused:

I know that they may be tired and I cincerely believe that they deserve a rest, but now is not the time for that!
I disagree. Now is THE time to rest some key players. Milan have won the derby and we're five points clear. We're facing Bologna and the squad Lippi has lined-up here seems to be perfectly capable of dealing with them.

Also, it will be very interesting to see how Iuliano and Pessotto will do, considering the defence was far from perfect against Barcelona.

I suppose Conte is starting instead of Tacchinardi because the latter is valued a lot by Lippi and needs to be spared. I agree, he's the best we've got at this point and we'll need him in Camp Nou.

With the crucial 2nd leg fixture against Barcelona coming up we need all of our players to be match fit and tuned up for the match, and directly, Bologna are no pushovers, so I really think we should go with our first choice lineup.
As I said, I disagree. I also think there's a big difference between match fit and burned out. Del Piero is the only one that needs to work on his match fitness imo and he's starting. Good choices made by Lippi! :thumb:

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
i actually really like the probable line up. as much as i like zambrotta, tachi, and ferrara, i think it would work pretty well. i agree we need to try an alternative defence because our defence is lacking on the field (even though we have the 'best' defence is serie a)

hope we win this, then we go 8 points clear on the table, at least then ill have something to brag about to my inter and ac fan friends.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
With just about 6 or so games to go and a place in cl semi finas still up in the air, I honestly do not see any reason whatsoever to chop and change the lineup. This is definitely not the time to find out if the subs can rise to the occasion at all

No professional should be tired at this crucial stage and we all know we do not have the best of squads as sometimes if 1 player is missing, we are unimpressive and out of shape

I don't think Tacchi who is having a very good seaon will appreciate being benched and there is no reason to as SeriA has shown in the last 4 or 5 seaons that even leading with as many as 8 points with 4 matches to go is not enuff

I know some ppl are saying they might get injured but they can quite as easily get injured in training as well so util we are mathematically certain of being champs, id love for the first team to play in all matches

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
yes thats true.
The mains squad must play all the games,,to be sure that they will go to nou camp eith minutes in hand.

slack

Dec 13, 2002
There are 6-10 (if the CL campaign turns out miraculously) games left for the season. This is the FINAL PUSH. Motivation and hunger (if the squad has it) will overcome any physical limits. At worst, we'll at least get to see which are the wussies and ditch them for a complete revamp next season, ahem.

A note on our forwards - this is a very very delicate time. The first choice pairing of DP-Trez has been injury-plagued all season but according to Nike (always look on the ... fill in the blank, denco! :D ), there's a chance that they will make a comeback against Barca in the decider at the Nou Camp. At this point, the best thing is that both have had ample rest and barring any relapses, will be in tip-top physical condition for the remainder of the season. DP's slowly coming back to form and 2 league matches is the perfect way to prepare him for the CL tie. Trez was slightly off-form but this short layoff could just be what he needed. Even the 2nd stringers in DV and Zalayeta are fresh and ready to be called upon. Of course, we're banking on a few 'ifs' here but all in all, it isn't too bad at all, is it?

Against Bologna, its a must-win. 8 points will be an enormous bonus for us to prepare for the CL. We can then afford 2 screw-ups (ie. the most difficult in Roma & Lazio) in the Serie A which leaves us with only 4 matches to take seriously. Juve can thus go a step further in resting everyone they like but first, finish off Bologna.

Bologna plays 3-5-2. Its either 4-4-1-1 or 4-3-1-2. DP's a certainty. Zalayeta's more useful than DV in likely scraps such as these. Defence more or less picks itself. Midfield's likely to be Camo-Tach-Davids-Nedved. Nedved could well be rested given his knee contusion hence Zambrotta might take LW with Pessotto at LB.

Forza Juve eh!

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
The standings at this point:

01. Juventus Torino --- 27 : 60
02. AC Milano ---------- 28 : 55
03. Inter Milano -------- 28 : 55
04. Lazio Roma --------- 27 : 48
05. AC Parma ----------- 27 : 45
:cheesy::extatic:

chill guys,we've won it already;)

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Huzi ] ++
guys , Milan 1 - 0 Inter .
so we MUST win on sunday cause we need these ****in 3 points / they are very importent for us , the gap will be massive 8 pts from the 2nd Milan . . .

forza Juve
I think juve must win next games and concentrate on the SCUDETTO because we are OUT of CL even if it is hard to handle as a fact Barca will win the next game lets face it (even barca will be nocked out when they play Real Madrird , they will go out empty handed from this season:frown:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)