Bojinov (1 Viewer)

Valley

Apr 20, 2004
I think he's a pretty decent player. He seems to be doing good this year too.

Apparently, Arsenal are lining up a £5m bid to replace Bergkamp, and Barcelona are interested.

Now we have Zlatan I don't think we would need him and he wouldn't be a good 4th striker unless Capello rotated very often.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
Alot are interested, Bojinov is only 18, and as he has made his international debut (against Italy) a work permit will be given!

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
excellent youngster I must say, he's got the potential to be superstar...

£5m isn't that much either, after all he's already proven in Serie A (unlike Tevez for example, and his price is >£10m) :undecide:

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
Bojinov attracts transfer interest
Wednesday 22 September, 2004

--------------------------------------------------

Valeri Bojinov’s excellent start to the new season hasn’t gone unnoticed by some of Europe’s biggest clubs.

The 18-year-old has already scored three goals in two League games for Lecce which has enhanced his reputation.

Italy’s major clubs have been monitoring him for some time given that he made his top-flight debut at the age of just 15.

But a number of Europe’s biggest names are also taking an interest in the player, who some are labelling as Serie A’s answer to Wayne Rooney.

Barcelona and Arsenal are two sides who have been recently mentioned as prospective buyers at the end of this season.

Bojinov, who netted a beauty against Atalanta on Saturday, is a powerful and technically gifted forward.

He was associated with a move to Lazio in the summer but remained at the Via Del Mare after Javier Chevanton was sold to Monaco.

OP
Valley

Valley

Apr 20, 2004
  • Thread Starter #5
    I think we should be more interested in Bojinov than Pazzini personally! And £5m is an amazingly low price. If I were Lecce, I'd really consider pushing it up a lot more (unless Juve come knocking of course ;) ) because it's not often a smaller club like themselves have such a valuable young star on their hands.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
    Nov 18, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Erkka ] ++
    £5m isn't that much either, after all he's already proven in Serie A (unlike Tevez for example, and his price is >£10m) :undecide:
    who says tevez is valued at 10m. almost a year ago boca officially rejected a 17m bid from Bayern Munich.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Ramin ] ++

who says tevez is valued at 10m. almost a year ago boca officially rejected a 17m bid from Bayern Munich.
    over= > £10m

besides, I thought that offer was in euros?!

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
    Arsenal target Valeri Bojinov insists he is in no rush to quit Lecce after the Premiership champions were linked with a renewed bid for the Bulgarian international.

Bojinov is one of the brightest prospects in European football and the teenager is already making an impact in Serie A.

The 18-year-old first attracted Arsenal's attention back in January but no offer was forthcoming from Highbury.

Reports now suggest The Gunners are preparing a £5 million bid to entice Bojinov to North London during January's transfer window.

But Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger may have to wait to land the exciting striker as he is keen to continue his education at Lecce.

Bojinov, who has scored three goals in two appearances this season, admits his prime target is to play for Bulgaria at the 2006 World Cup.

"At this point, I consider Salento (the area where Lecce is situated) to be my world and I hope to stay for a long time," said Bojinov.

"I dream of the survival of Lecce and then to play with Bulgaria in the World Cup in Germany."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)