Bobo Vieri - Calciopoli Hero (3 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Thanks for enlightening me Andy. I guess I just lost my reign as the Comma Queen which is a bit depressing. Although I have never been called out on it by my teachers who are sticklers for punctuation and even Microsoft Word doesn't call me out on it but thats not really the authority on grammar. So I'm actually going to take back my reign as the Comma Queen because thats the beautiful thing about language it can be interpreted in so many different ways.
Okay, fine. Present to me some literature that states it is always grammatically correct to place a comma after the word "but" as I have never seen commas being placed there every single time the word is written.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Sarah

s-doLLa
Sep 26, 2007
Okay, fine. Present to me some literature that states it is always grammatically correct to place a comma after the word "but" as I have never seen commas being placed there every single time the word is written.
I don't put one after it if it is not two complete sentences being connected. I am not saying you are wrong. I am just saying I am not turning in my crown since my teachers and Microsoft Word don't call me out on it.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I don't put one after it if it is not two complete sentences being connected. I am not saying you are wrong. I am just saying I am not turning in my crown since my teachers and Microsoft Word don't call me out on it.
Perhaps you can use it in some specific cases while conjoining two sentences, but it really looks annoying when you have a but followed by a comma every single sentence. It just looks thoroughly annoying and wrong.

Sarah

s-doLLa
Sep 26, 2007
How about Totti but, he isn't available for the NT

Gila might be cuter but, he is no Bobo. ;)
You're right he is not an out and out finisher but, he does qualify as a striker and he said striker/finisher. So I'm kind of half right :p.

:disagree:
Perhaps you can use it in some specific cases while conjoining two sentences, but it really looks annoying when you have a but followed by a comma every single sentence. It just looks thoroughly annoying and wrong.
Two complete sentences every time. Booya!

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I don't think that's correct. But whatever the case, it looks imbecilic. I'd suggest you stop writing in that sort of fashion.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
And actually I do still believe the comma is supposed to be in front of the conjunction in this case. You can type almost anything into Word and it won't show up as an error unless it's a fragment.

Sarah

s-doLLa
Sep 26, 2007
No. Unfortunately, I am not because my mom is visiting meaning I am not allowed to take part in the Halloween festivities because we don't celebrate Halloween since its a 'pagan' holiday plus I have to write a paper but I did enjoy a whole great NYC weekend. So it makes up for it.

How is Pennsylvania treating you?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
No. Unfortunately, I am not because my mom is visiting meaning I am not allowed to take part in the Halloween festivities because we don't celebrate Halloween since its a 'pagan' holiday plus I have to write a paper but I did enjoy a whole great NYC weekend. So it makes up for it.

How is Pennsylvania treating you?
Yuck, sorry for the troubles.

Pennsylvania is boring as fuck. I was supposed to go out tonight but a friend sent me a text stating that he wasn't going out, which leads me to believe he's lying. I've caught that kid in a lie so many times that he deserves to be decked in the face. Nothing worse than a liar.

But it's just as well. I fit in more with my responsible friends that way. Moreover, I really, and I mean really, need to stop drinking.

Sarah

s-doLLa
Sep 26, 2007
Yuck, sorry for the troubles.

Pennsylvania is boring as fuck. I was supposed to go out tonight but a friend sent me a text stating that he wasn't going out, which leads me to believe he's lying. I've caught that kid in a lie so many times that he deserves to be decked in the face. Nothing worse than a liar.

But it's just as well. I fit in more with my responsible friends that way. Moreover, I really, and I mean really, need to stop drinking.
The only real trouble is having my mom here which will be over soon (or so I keep telling myself). She cramps my style.

Ew. I hate liars thats why I only have about 3 friends because I have dealt with way too many liars in my life. Thankfully, I can say all my friends are all responsible and only party on the weekends so I never really feel left out except tonight. :cry: I probably should take the same route as you and stop drinking but, I kind of need it to perk me up after a long night of hwk. I am cursed with living next to a coffee shop that serves alcoholic drinks mixed with coffee in the morning which sums up my problems with NYC you can find anything too easily and it is extremely distracting at least I am almost done at NYU where I actually have to work hard.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
The only real trouble is having my mom here which will be over soon (or so I keep telling myself). She cramps my style.

Ew. I hate liars thats why I only have about 3 friends because I have dealt with way too many liars in my life. Thankfully, I can say all my friends are all responsible and only party on the weekends so I never really feel left out except tonight. :cry: I probably should take the same route as you and stop drinking but, I kind of need it to perk me up after a long night of hwk. I am cursed with living next to a coffee shop that serves alcoholic drinks mixed with coffee in the morning which sums up my problems with NYC you can find anything too easily and it is extremely distracting at least I am almost done at NYU where I actually have to work hard.
So you're telling me you have Irish or Spanish coffees in the morning? Those wouldn't exactly do much to me, but how well can you handle alcohol? My mom gets tipsy after two Spanish coffees.

NYU is a damn good school so I'm sure it's not exactly easy. But there is really nothing like being just a few blocks away from Soho and within a mile of any sort of restaurant, bar or attraction you can think of. What is your favorite restaurant there?

Sarah

s-doLLa
Sep 26, 2007
So you're telling me you have Irish or Spanish coffees in the morning? Those wouldn't exactly do much to me, but how well can you handle alcohol? My mom gets tipsy after two Spanish coffees.

NYU is a damn good school so I'm sure it's not exactly easy. But there is really nothing like being just a few blocks away from Soho and within a mile of any sort of restaurant, bar or attraction you can think of. What is your favorite restaurant there?
I blame my roomie on my alcohol consumption. She is a bad influence on me in that area. I can handle about 3 drinks before I get tipsy. I usually spread out my alcohol consumption. I drink it throughout the first lecture in the morning so its not too bad. It gives me a good attitude for my morning class. Its either that or a Diet Pepsi which I drink like it was water. I have about 8 a day. So I am pretty sure I have a serious addiction.

I love Soho. I lived there for two years and it did not do well with my school but, I just moved to Midtown which is far more hectic and I have way too much to do around me. I am way to close to all my favorite bars and lounges. In terms of favorite restaurants, I have too many. So lets see, Italian in Soho would Fiamma which is so good. Mexican there is this little place near my apartment called El Parian which is absolutely heavenly. Drunk food would be the Chicken Guy or Mamouns. (I can't vouch for the food being good when it is run out of a trailer type thing) I have way too many favorites. I could go on and on. Whats your favorite part of NYC?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I blame my roomie on my alcohol consumption. She is a bad influence on me in that area. I can handle about 3 drinks before I get tipsy. I usually spread out my alcohol consumption. I drink it throughout the first lecture in the morning so its not too bad. It gives me a good attitude for my morning class. Its either that or a Diet Pepsi which I drink like it was water. I have about 8 a day. So I am pretty sure I have a serious addiction.

I love Soho. I lived there for two years and it did not do well with my school but, I just moved to Midtown which is far more hectic and I have way too much to do around me. I am way to close to all my favorite bars and lounges. In terms of favorite restaurants, I have too many. So lets see, Italian in Soho would Fiamma which is so good. Mexican there is this little place near my apartment called El Parian which is absolutely heavenly. Drunk food would be the Chicken Guy or Mamouns. (I can't vouch for the food being good when it is run out of a trailer type thing) I have way too many favorites. I could go on and on. Whats your favorite part of NYC?
Easily Midtown. That's where I usually stay when I travel to Manhattan, and in all honesty, as you know, it's my favorite place in the world thus far. From Times Square to Central Park and the various museums and shopping in the area, there is no other place in the United States that can beat that life. Sure, Burke and Enron will call me a faggot for this, but Manhattan is the epicenter of life as far as I'm concerned. It would be a dream to live there as far as I'm concerned, so enjoy it and live it up as long and to the greatest extent as you can, Sarah. I'm frankly jealous.

In regards to favorite restaurants in Manhattan, I have rather different tastes compared to most people. I love Thai and Vietnamese cuisine, so a couple places in Chinatown are some of my favorites. For Italian, La Mela in little Italy is my destination in spite of the fact I know that Little Italy is not quality anymore - but La Mela still has some of the best pasta I've ever enjoyed. Nick from this forum recommended it to me. The most upscale place I've been to (probably) is the Tribeca Grill which was very good, but I still prefer the more exotic cuisine.

I've also been to a bunch of places in the Theatre District, but New Yorkers always tell me to avoid those places.

Most memorable experiance from NYC - outside of the Prada store in Soho I saw these kids wearing rags eating from a trash can. Really puts this world into perspective..

Sarah

s-doLLa
Sep 26, 2007
Easily Midtown. That's where I usually stay when I travel to Manhattan, and in all honesty, as you know, it's my favorite place in the world thus far. From Times Square to Central Park and the various museums and shopping in the area, there is no other place in the United States that can beat that life. Sure, Burke and Enron will call me a faggot for this, but Manhattan is the epicenter of life as far as I'm concerned. It would be a dream to live there as far as I'm concerned, so enjoy it and live it up as long and to the greatest extent as you can, Sarah. I'm frankly jealous.

In regards to favorite restaurants in Manhattan, I have rather different tastes compared to most people. I love Thai and Vietnamese cuisine, so a couple places in Chinatown are some of my favorites. For Italian, La Mela in little Italy is my destination in spite of the fact I know that Little Italy is not quality anymore - but La Mela still has some of the best pasta I've ever enjoyed. Nick from this forum recommended it to me. The most upscale place I've been to (probably) is the Tribeca Grill which was very good, but I still prefer the more exotic cuisine.

I've also been to a bunch of places in the Theatre District, but New Yorkers always tell me to avoid those places.

Most memorable experiance from NYC - outside of the Prada store in Soho I saw these kids wearing rags eating from a trash can. Really puts this world into perspective..
I'm glad to meet someone who loves NYC as much as I do. I will agree with you that nothing can really beat the feel of NYC. I love the lifestyle of NY. I always imagined myself here and its where I'll be probably for another year or two then I'm moving to Italy for fashion of course. The reason I love NYC so much is because I actually live and breathe fashion. I want to be involved with every aspect of it and its what I love more than anything in the world. The only place I can get it is the City. I also love it here because there is something for everyone. I have met my best friends here who I would have never met anywhere else. So I love it.

I love all food to tell you the truth. Oh and Chinatown has so much food I don't even want to get started on it. I don't think Little Italy is going downhill. I mean it has but, its still one of my favorite places. Although you have to check out the Little Italy in Brooklyn that place is great. I love most Mediterranean food. My new current favorite restaurant is the place called Loft and it has Mediterranean food and its just fabulous. I am going to quit talking about food because now I feel like ordering in :D

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I'm glad to meet someone who loves NYC as much as I do. I will agree with you that nothing can really beat the feel of NYC. I love the lifestyle of NY. I always imagined myself here and its where I'll be probably for another year or two then I'm moving to Italy for fashion of course. The reason I love NYC so much is because I actually live and breathe fashion. I want to be involved with every aspect of it and its what I love more than anything in the world. The only place I can get it is the City. I also love it here because there is something for everyone. I have met my best friends here who I would have never met anywhere else. So I love it.
I've spent most of my life in gaining maturity in Southern, rural Pennsylvania where battles of civil wars were the main headline. Every single time I travel to Chicago, New York or Detroit (where my entire family is from) I relish the chance to live as someone who can be considered a "city kid." At heart I am 100% a "city kid" despite growing up in the middle of nowhere, so you can essentially label me as a diamond in the rough for many different reasons. You are certainly correct when you state NYC has something for everyone, and when you take into account the diversity and overall absurdity of how amazing Manhattan actually is, I have no idea how someone could say no to this place. But then again many people in this inane country cannot appreciate culture and diversity.

I very-well know the fashion opportunities found in Manhattan. There is another lady on this forum who would kill to go to a fashion institute in Manhattan, and she still might, because she is one of those "girly-girls" who adores that sort of stuff. I wish you luck in your career endeavors and hope you design a nice pair of jeans for me in the future. ;)

I love all food to tell you the truth. Oh and Chinatown has so much food I don't even want to get started on it. I don't think Little Italy is going downhill. I mean it has but, its still one of my favorite places. Although you have to check out the Little Italy in Brooklyn that place is great. I love most Mediterranean food. My new current favorite restaurant is the place called Loft and it has Mediterranean food and its just fabulous. I am going to quit talking about food because now I feel like ordering in :D
We have another thing in common - I love all the food too. Chinatown has the best Sesame Chicken I've ever tasted and Little Italy still has the best Gnocchi as well. People who are from New York say Little Italy is going downhill, but when I was there I absolutely loved the food at La Mela and the atmosphere in general. Cannot wait to go back there. I will try to check out the Brooklyn Little Italy next time I make the trip, as I trust your opinion.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
BACK ON TOPIC !!!!:)

looks like Vieri is thinking the same way as I am-

11/1/2007 1:51 PM

Vieri Wants Azzurri Recall

Fiorentina veteran Christian Vieri is eyeing a recall to the Italian national team after an excellent start to the season.

zoom - galleria The 34-year-old hitman has been reborn following his move to Florence in the summer and has scored three goals in Serie A, and one in the Uefa Cup.

His form has been so impressive that he has recently been pushing hot young prospect Giampaolo Pazzini out of the Viola starting line-up.

Many believed that Vieri’s career was over after spending most of the last two year’s injured, however some are now talking of a return to the international scene.

“Do I think about the national team? I think only to play well, then it is up to the Coach to do his evaluation,” said Vieri.

“However it is clear that a return to the Azzurri squad is an objective of mine.

“When I came here many people said I was doing it just to pass the winter, or just to earn some more money, however I have re-discovered my game and my fitness.”

goal.com
just a short matter of time, boys and girls ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)