Board & Management (19 Viewers)

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
JJ is a public company

I imagine they can't do shit like this for the same reason as Apple can't sell a MacBook to Tim Cook's mom for 100 billions if quarterly numbers looks bad. And then his mom sells her coffee machine back to Apple for 100 billion and Tim Cook claims it's for the cafeteria

It's fraud

(NFA not financial advice cc @Cerval )
You cant even imagine the things that can be done ;). The example is ofc exaggerated one but Apple could sell and buy for 100 billions, only at the next shareholder conventions they would all get dismissed, if they authorized the deal because it is crazy. Which we should have done when Agnelli lost his marbles. You dont make these kind of transactions. Especially if people keep talking on the phone and get caught, it can get tricky. Paratici wasnt even original, just copy pasta how Italian clubs like Inter, Milan, Lazio, Parma, etc operated at the beginning of 21st century. If anyone recalls transfers and players exchange deals like Coco between Milanese clubs for ridiculous amounts, only to get screwed over the next few years when the depreciation costs started coming in. It didnt work then, it doesnt work now and it will never work.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Accounts need to respect IFRS. Thats just opinion piece you posted. Nowhere in the IFRS is a limit as to how much you can put a price on your asset when selling. In your books it is valued at cost of purchase plus auxiliary expenses. Companies will avoid making these kind of deals because it drives away investors since your business is volatile as it has a big repercussion on P&L statement. The fact that we were trialed and acquitted should be evidence enough for you.
I don't know if you're intentionally overlooking the distinction I keep repeating or if its going over your head at this point.

Trialed and Acquitted implies there are laws and regulations but there wasn't enough evidence to prove Juve broke such laws. It means Juve were found not guilty, it does not prove there are no laws. If anything, the fact that we were trialed is evidence that there are such laws.

I did a quick google search of IFRS and asset valuation and fraud.

Surprise surprise

- IFRS 13 speaks to measurement of fair market value. So IFRS 13 is what you're looking for.

- And here is a course going over it. Literally the introduction :lol:

01-08-xf80n-byf01.png

There's pages and pages of material. Ofcourse companies cant willy nilly inflate asset prices and make their balance sheets pretty.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I don't know if you're intentionally overlooking the distinction I keep repeating or if its going over your head at this point.

Trialed and Acquitted implies there are laws and regulations but there wasn't enough evidence to prove Juve broke such laws. It means Juve were found not guilty, it does not prove there are no laws. If anything, the fact that we were trialed is evidence that there are such laws.

I did a quick google search of IFRS and asset valuation and fraud.

Surprise surprise

- IFRS 13 speaks to measurement of fair market value. So IFRS 13 is what you're looking for.

- And here is a course going over it. Literally the introduction :lol:

01-08-xf80n-byf01.png

There's pages and pages of material. Ofcourse companies cant willy nilly inflate asset prices and make their balance sheets pretty.
You missed again. Fair value can be applied for re evaluating assets in your books. For example asset is damaged so you apply impairment and reduce its book value. There is still no limit as to how high you can set your selling price at. The difference. Also fair value is applied if a company for example dumps the price and sells bellow the fair market value since you pay less in taxes and then you can get screwed. Go on, keep digging and put more smilies on.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
JJ is a public company

I imagine they can't do shit like this for the same reason as Apple can't sell a MacBook to Tim Cook's mom for 100 billions if quarterly numbers looks bad. And then his mom sells her coffee machine back to Apple for 100 billion and Tim Cook claims it's for the cafeteria

It's fraud

(NFA not financial advice cc @Cerval )
Ofcourse its fraud. He is just doubling down he can never admit he got something wrong. In his books if you go to trial for murder and you're found not guilty, that means there are no laws regulating murder :lol:

This article for example is pure fiction https://www.forensicrisk.com/fair-value-or-fraudulent-misrepresentation/

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Ofcourse its fraud. He is just doubling down he can never admit he got something wrong. In his books if you go to trial for murder and you're found not guilty, that means there are no laws regulating murder :lol:

This article for example is pure fiction https://www.forensicrisk.com/fair-value-or-fraudulent-misrepresentation/
Ofc you read but dont understand the difference and are using exaggerated examples as I pointed out already. By your logic you would never be able to sell your dilapidated house if someone would offer you higher amount because it is above fair value. Fair value is applied if you re evaluate assets in your books and if you dont use cost method or if you dump the price upon sale.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
for anyone interested, a short interview with a sports lawyer. brief summary: managers risk a fine and a ban, club risks a fine, relegation is a stretch

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited:

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
What does he say?
who? agnelli said to arrivabene that not only covid fucked us but "we filled the machine with amortization and shit"

cherubini said that we were arrogant on the market and our "vicious circle" with the ronaldo purchase was triggered because we spent the pogba money on two release clauses. (that's partly debatable, pjanic wasn't expensive, higuain of course was. but so were de ligt, vlahovic and bremer too.)

also allegri and storari talk some sense here:

agnelli the juve legend gave paratici his powers @Strickland completely inexcusable call, the worst of them all

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
It seems Marotta was the only serious person on the board, the rest were bunch of clowns.

No wonder we collapsed and Inter won something once he joined them.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Once again these are all old, these are the plusvalenza case wiretaps
And they are still searching for secret document relating to the payments made to Ronaldo. Such cases are dismissed straightaway by most judiciary in the world though Italy might be exception.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
All those quotes suggest one thing, Paratici wanted to act like a GM of PL club in Italian club, I guess he is now in the place where he belongs.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
Its really embarassing time for Juve fans around the world . I really hope the club will not be penalized by Serie A or UEFA but only the individuals if the evidence clearly says so.
I guess this will also affect players that are still in the club if they want to move out or stick with us.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)