Board & Management (66 Viewers)

Aug 2, 2005
Bonucci will stay

- - - Updated - - -

Ofc not, but don't expect fair treatment from FIFA if our president wanted to fuck them in theirvasses. They are just waiting for a reason to punish us.
Guys.. stop it with UEFA/FIFA wanting to fuck us.
In Italy, it is understandable (a fact for all I care) considering how mentally ill they are (still)

Aug 2, 2005
Favilli an Italian U21 striker who'd scored 8 goals in serie B at 19, the following season scored 8 in 14 games for Ascoli and had just scored for us in preseason. 7m doesn't seem crazy. As much as Sturaro had become a meme player, he was an Italian international mid, who'd had won leagues and had experience in CL. Plus he was relatively young and had the home grown factor for Genoa. 16m is high but not wild given they had funds to spend. Romero had a breakout season at Genoa and 3 seasons later was Serie A defender of the year before being sold for 50m.

All are at the top end of their value but I think you'd have a hard time proving that they are excessive.
Almost all deals are just the top end of their values, ours included.. this is why this is ridiculous..
It is just like.. (live today to fight another day) and wait for something to happen.

It is not like we are putting values of a 500$ laptop as 10,000$

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Just thinking about possibilities and preferences for leaving this shit league and country...

1) Super League
- Most competitive possibility
- Most lucrative
- Most exciting potentially
- Legal challenges still remain

2) Ligue 1
- Closest option for a traditional league to Turin
- JJ has a history with French players
- Could form rivalry with Lyon and PSG
- Somewhat easy travel
- Less revenue potentially (?)
- Barrier to entry being the league structure (would have been easier if Ligue 1 still had 18 teams instead of 20)

3) MLS
- Future looking bright for the league
- Plenty of capital to work with
- MLS would love to have JJ
- Major logistic challenges
- Loss of "traditional" fans and LuLtras

4) EPL
- Plenty of capital
- Plenty of fans
- Sure relegation at some point
- Snobby Brits

Aug 2, 2005
Yeah but it appears they were convincing/forcing the other parties to inflate the prices which is illegal afaik. If we are punished theyve found something and I blame the mgmt for letting them find that reason. I love Juve and I won't accept this fuck heads ruining our reputation once again, they should be deleted from Juve history. That fucking unibrow could stay low key for few years if there was no money, yet he preferred to put whole institution in danger. They simply ruined everything, fuckers. Damn how I hate agnelli that incompetent fuck right now.
Are you sane?
Convinced

So let's take this scenario

You have a player X
You want 20$ for him

I tell you.. i will give you the 20$ but here is how we will do it..
I will take him from you for 40$ (at the far end of the inflated value)
I won't pay you the additional 20$.. you will buy Y and Z from me for 10 each.

You in this case.. practically got 20 for the player.. but you had to deal with Y and Z and then sell them to Abdul in Serie D for 10$ each the year after.

Aug 2, 2005
I read news earlier that the plusvalenza being investigated is from 2019 - 2021. I thought it start from 2016 or something.
We weren't really winning during this period except the season with Sarri.
Make the accusation of rigged the league and strengthening the squad even more ridiculous
Plusvalenza was there since Moggi days.. I remember Juve owning hundred of players traded everywhere...

And then Marotta said the same during his time here.

I am not saying it is only Juve who is doing this... but we have had this section as a revenue stream since forever.

Oct 23, 2011
Someone correct me if am wrong

Points deduction is related to on-field benefits.
Yeah fine.. better accounts = better players bought and paid, etc = better on-field results

How did they calculate the -15?
Why not -3 and why not -30?

CONI can either confirm or annul the decision of -15
So it is either -15 or none
This makes it believable that there is a chance this gets turned around.
But this is "Italy"
Where in 2006, a proper case would have got an "all guilty" or "all innocent" verdict.. but no.. those running the show had to make it only Juve... Moggi's quote yesterday was spot on (I guess it was Juve123 who post it)
A club that takes the dirt and did not defend itself.. will be like this....
The prosecutor said that the punishment should be "felt". 9 points would have put us as 28, 6 behind 4th. So they increased it to 15 to get us almost out of the CL race.

If they wanted to demote us to serie B they could have given us 30/40 points. But who knows, that may come with the salary case.

More than anything I'm baffled by the board's silence. Now is not the time to await justice in court. The brand is completely tarnished and with social media today, I'd even say this could potentially exceed the damage done in 2006.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
A lot of these are regular. It's the business model of clubs like Genoa to buy young talent and sell it off for profit to richer teams. If the player became part of the Milan or Inter first team there's nothing to scrutinise imo.

However

There are many of these players who are total duds going for big sums.
Sokratis played 5 Serie A games for Milan after his 14m transfer, then the following season went on loan with option for 5m which Olympiakos took.

You know what? With this one example we've found gold. From wiki:

Genoa and Milan reached an agreement to transfer Papastathopoulos to the club for €14 million, with the following payment schedule: Gianmarco Zigoni (half of his registration rights, valued at €3.75 million), Nnamdi Oduamadi (half of his rights, valued at €3.5 million) and Rodney Strasser (half of his rights, valued at €2.25 million) in a co-ownership deal, plus €4.5 million.
---------

Oduamadi did stay at Milan though, but was immediately sent out on loan. He played once for the first team as a sub. Milan then bought out Genoa's half and sent him on loan forever although he did play for the primavera as an over-age player. In the Sokratis deal he was valued at 7m euro total.

----------

Strasser had a similar thing. Genoa got half, he stayed ont he books at milan. He actually did play even in a CL game for Milan but was clearly not good enough and he got loaned forever. His value in this deal is 4.5m eur.

----------

Looks pretty dodgy if you ask me. We bought a lot of promising talent when Marotta first arrived, and though one or two turned into first team players like Pogba, many didn't (Appelt and Buoy come to mind) and that's whatever. Many we signed who were never supposed to be a part of the first team, we were developing them as a side hustle to sell them on. That's fine too and in a business sense is what the academy is for.

What's weird is when players who are obviously not worth millions get transferred as such, or included in swap deals. Pinamonti is an example of that. Look at that transfer history, it's absurd when you consider how few games he's played in his career. That is fucking everywhere in Serie A- and the idea that we're getting punished because we went too far with it makes no sense (even if it were the case). Either it's not allowed and we're all going down, or we just accept that's how football clubs stay afloat.

- - - Updated - - -

The prosecutor said that the punishment should be "felt". 9 points would have put us as 28, 6 behind 4th. So they increased it to 15 to get us almost out of the CL race.

If they wanted to demote us to serie B they could have given us 30/40 points. But who knows, that may come with the salary case.

More than anything I'm baffled by the board's silence. Now is not the time to await justice in court. The brand is completely tarnished and with social media today, I'd even say this could potentially exceed the damage done in 2006.
Did he not also say it should be felt enough for us to bump Roma up into the CL places? Or was that somebody else

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
There are many of these players who are total duds going for big sums.
Sokratis played 5 Serie A games for Milan after his 14m transfer, then the following season went on loan with option for 5m which Olympiakos took.

You know what? With this one example we've found gold. From wiki:

---------

Oduamadi did stay at Milan though, but was immediately sent out on loan. He played once for the first team as a sub. Milan then bought out Genoa's half and sent him on loan forever although he did play for the primavera as an over-age player. In the Sokratis deal he was valued at 7m euro total.

----------

Strasser had a similar thing. Genoa got half, he stayed ont he books at milan. He actually did play even in a CL game for Milan but was clearly not good enough and he got loaned forever. His value in this deal is 4.5m eur.
None of this is relevant

All of it is legal

I can sell you my dirty sock for 1000€ and it's entirely legal even if the sock's market value is 0.1€

Then you can write it off as expenses in your tax declaration and file for a tax return.

That's also legal.

Because you actually did buy the sock......... how stupid it was doesn't matter.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
None of this is relevant

All of it is legal

I can sell you my dirty sock for 1000€ and it's entirely legal even if the sock's market value is 0.1€

Then you can write it off as expenses in your tax declaration and file for a tax return.

That's also legal.

Because you actually did buy the sock......... how stupid it was doesn't matter.
Agree. I'm pointing out how common it is.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
None of this is relevant

All of it is legal

That's also legal.

And that’s a good explanation of how stupid this is.

Takes two to tango.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 58)