Boško Janković & Jimmy Briand (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I`ll but both of them in one thread so I wouldn`t have top open separated ones.

Well we`re linked with both them apparently.

As I said yesterday,I wouldn`t mind having Bosko here (I think he is good and don`t start that crap I`m saying it because he`s Serb as well)

I think he`s type of player like Nedved

Jimmy Briand is 22 yo striker who plays for Stade Rennais FC

Portsmouth, Lens and Saint Etienne also want him. (according to wikipedia,Arsenal is also interested)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
I'd prefer Hamsik. Jankovic would be good replacement for Marchionni whereas Hamsik could take over from Nedved(amongst others..).

OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #4
    Hamsik would be much more expensive then Jankovic though.

Jankovic is very good IMO.He runs a lot,has decent passes and very good shot.

He was very good at Zvezda and he did pretty well at Mallorca as well.

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #7
    I'm not saying that we should buy him but... Who is better Kuzmanovic or Jankovic?
    Ugh

Well...they are not same type of players so it`s kinda hard to tell.

Jankovic is more offensive but Kuzmanovic has more potential...Both are good IMO

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    Jankovic looks pretty decent, didnt get to see him much with Palermo, i'n basing my judgement on his Mallorca days, but tbh he never really striked me as someone who would make it in a big team. He's got a wicked shot on him though, thats for sure.

Jimmy Briand is talented, and he was a player i rated very highly, i really expected him to make it big, but he's 21 now iirc and his development hasnt gone as well as it should. I feel he is a player thats more "style over substance" type. His talent cannot be doubted though.

I agree with Xxx about Gomis, he might be the better player, though they are completely different strikers, Gomis is more of a "fox in the box" type. A good one too, not many players know how to beat the offside trap as good as Gomis does, why Senegal do not call him up is frankly a mystery to me.

Pinturicchio#10

Juventino per sempre
    Jul 3, 2007
    ]Hamsik could take over from Nedved[/B](amongst others..).
    WTF?Nedved is AM or WG,Hamsik is DM and MC.Isn't he?So please tell me how do you think Hamsik could replace Nedved.

Jankovic is good player.He is tireless,and he is also good shooter.I know Jankovic from time when he played for Red Star....but i don't think that Jankovic is solution.I prefer Giovinco.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
    Hamsik a DM? Well.. No.

He plays offensively in a 3-man (or 5man, depends on wether you call their wingbacks midfielders or defenders) midfield. Most importantly, Hamsik's characteristics are so much like Nedved, and hence I think he'd be well suited for the same role.

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #15
    Roughly translated interview with Janković.

"A team like Juventus is the goal of life for any player on earth. This is the team best known and loved in the five continents and also very popular in my city, Belgrade and throughout Serbia. It was great, moreover, the happiness to hear that I would like one day to replace Pavel Nedved,surely one of the best footballers in the world"

"Big teams represent the main objective for doing this job, however I want to keep our feet on the ground and avoid illusions. I think for my best use, it would be better perhaps, playing another year at Palermo, a team ideal for those who aspire one day to the great leap"

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
    02/05/2008 11:30
    Zamparini Slams Juventus

Outspoken Palermo President Maurizio Zamparini has hit out at Juventus for treating the Sicilians like a feeder club.

The two clubs have a good relationship, and are set to do business this summer, with Amauri almost certain to arrive in Turin.

This week it has been reported that the Bianconeri are also eyeing up young starlet Bosko Jankovic, and the midfielder responded to this by declaring that it would be a dream if this move came true.

This talk has angered Zamparini, who feels that Juventus are treating Palermo as if they own them.

“We have spoken to [transfer chief] Alessio Secco and we have stated that Palermo isn’t a feeder club for Juve,” the businessman roared.

“So he needs to explain to the rest of their directors and Coach Claudio Ranieri that we must respect our roles.”

Palermo beat off the likes of Barcelona and Chelsea to sign Jankovic from Mallorca last summer.

The Serbian was rated as one of the best young talents in Europe, however he has struggled badly to settle in Sicily.

He has scored just twice this season, once in the UEFA Cup and once in Serie A against Cagliari.

Anthony Sormani

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)