Blasi and Chellini to Man City ?? (24 Viewers)

Jul 28, 2002
Surfed the web for the first time in a long time today. I am shocked to see us selling off Chiellini. How he is not considered as untouchable i dont kno. Young italian LB/Cb who stayed loyal despite relegation. He is of the highest quality. How can a chump like Boum Boum be considered over Chie. Heinze will not fill the gap.

Shocking move.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Jul 28, 2002
He could play left back AND Cb at a better level than all our other defenders last season. The board should have rewarded him with a new contract for his loyalty.

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
Aug 1, 2002
Ranieri takes Chiellini to City Claudio Ranieri is back in England to test out Juventus, but admits Manchester City target Giorgio Chiellini’s ticket may be one-way
Channel 4 cannot put a headline like that and just leave a broken link. That shit aint right, i'm freaking out over here.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
All this coming from Badass Devil, Terencee, Tony and Silvester Stalone isn't a surprise because they cant do better than insulting the board, but i'm surprised by Andy, who unlike the mentioned four, at least knows football.
IMO Andy doesn´t know much about football.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
can someone post the latest article from channel4, i cant seem to open it. Ranieri hints at a Chiellini exit
Ranieri takes Chiellini to City Saturday 28 July, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Claudio Ranieri is back in England to test out Juventus, but admits Manchester City target Giorgio Chiellini’s ticket may be one-way.

“Juventus must by their very nature be put among the Scudetto contenders. The side is competitive, but we can’t run away with our enthusiasm, because our rivals are already consolidated teams and we are still making that journey,” said the former Chelsea Coach.

The report that the Bianconeri will be seeded in Tuesday’s Serie A fixtures draw suggests other sides also consider them to be among the giants despite returning to the top flight following their Calciopoli demotion.

The team is in flux after a series of transfers and that isn’t over yet, as Chiellini is expected to sign for Manchester City this weekend in a £7m deal.

“Will Chiellini return to Turin after this tour? It depends on Juve, him and Manchester City,” conceded Ranieri.

“He is an important player for Juve, but if he wants to leave, then we will let him go.”

La Vecchia Signora will play three high-profile friendlies against Newcastle at St James’ Park on Sunday, Hamburg in Germany on August 1 and back to England for Sunderland on August 4.

“I want to see how much we are able to help each other out and how the team is gelling,” explained the tactician.

“We are competitive, certainly, but the other big sides already know each other. We’re not at that stage yet.

“I will rotate the squad and try to ensure everyone gets 90 minutes. Alessandro Del Piero isn’t quite up to the same fitness level as the others yet. We have many tests before the August 26 Serie A start and I’m sure his condition will improve.”

Ranieri even hinted at a possible trident attack with former Udinese striker Vincenzo Iaquinta.

“Iaquinta can quite happily play alongside David Trezeguet. They are not incompatible at all. Raffaele Palladino has magnificent technique, but needs to improve in his practicality.”

Channel4

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Ranieri to let Chiellini leave

Juventus coach Claudio Ranieri has confirmed that he is ready to let defender Giorgio Chiellini join Manchester City.

Juve are set to embark on a pre-season tour of England and Germany, but Ranieri admits that Chiellini may not return to Turin with the rest of the Old Lady's squad.

Skysports.com revealed earlier this week that City were waiting for Juve to let them know about their bid Chiellini, and it now seems they are ready to let him leave.

"Will he come back to Turin with us? It will depend on him, Manchester City and Juventus," said Ranieri.

"He is an important player, but if he does want to leave that we surely won't keep him against his will."

Ranieri and Chiellini clashed earlier this summer when the Italian Under-21 star said he was frustrated at not knowing what his future at the Delle Alpi was.

The Juve coach reacted angrily, condemning Chiellini's comments and now it seems that the 22-year-old is set for a move to Eastlands.

City are also interested in Chiellini's team-mate Manuele Blasi, but as yet Juve have not confirmed whether he will be allowed to leave too.

skysport

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
There are too many idiotic posts in this thread where people do nothing but insult the board for no reason. All this coming from Badass Devil, Terencee, Tony and Silvester Stalone isn't a surprise because they cant do better than insulting the board, but i'm surprised by Andy, who unlike the mentioned four, at least knows football.
Sorry, bro, but in all honesty selling Chellini and keeping Blasi would be some of the most idiotic moves I've seen in football. My opinion of somebody such as Secco with prior knowledge of him not even being qualified for the job will of course be poor and skeptical at first. However, start making silly moves such as these and not being able to keep our stars happy without the intervention of someone such as Bettega who saved Trezeguet from leaving, and I'm going to blast the hell out of the board. And lets be honest here... the transfers Secco gets credit for were nothing special and other figures played roles in them, for example Nedved with Grygera and Sousa with Tiago. So in all honesty, I'm not impressed whatsoever.

As for the rest of the board, some of the comments blurted out by Blanc to the media have been highly inane, same with Gigli. Sometimes they remind me of carbon copies of Massimo Moratti or Mancini with how they talk shit about other sides, especially us, to the media. We are Juventus and should have more class than that. While it indeed could be worse and the board has done some things right, I'm still not convinced we have the right men for the job here. Time will tell, but I don't like these ridiculous and inane transfers, starting off with Marchisio on loan. Everybody knows that when we send our kids on loan they fall off the radar most of the time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)