Blame The Game (1 Viewer)

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
GTA blamed for foiled school massacre plot
In another "blame the game" accusation, the recent arrest of a teenager in Massachusetts for scheming to a kill other students, teachers, and workers on the Columbine massacre anniversary has been blamed on Grand Theft Auto.

From The Scotsman, "Reports said Tobin Kerns had admitted he planned to kill innocent civilians and then 'mow down' responding police and firefighters."

"Miami attorney Jack Thompson believes Grand Theft Auto, developed by Edinburgh-based games company Rockstar North, may have been played by the teenager, desensitising him to killing."

"Mr Thompson claims Kerns owned the game, saying detectives told him 'that was one of his favourite games'.

"'The technique of killing civilians and then first-responders when they get there is the primary scenario to win in all the Grand Theft Auto games,' he said. 'They are killing simulators actually used by gangs.'"

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I know a lot of people are gonna disagree here, but IMO games make people violent as much as Superman makes people fly :rolleyes:

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
I think most people have selfcontrol, the ones who does this things because of a game, is ****ed up anyway, they just blame it on the game.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #5
    i laughed out loud when i read this piece of tripe,really i did.

the only way these people will ever know whether GTA can really make a teenager develop an aggresive streak is just to play the bloody game themselves.

dumbasses:rolleyes:

Jan 7, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
    I know a lot of people are gonna disagree here, but IMO games make people violent as much as Superman makes people fly :rolleyes:
    i agree gray. as long as the person playing the game is old enough to understand the game is just a game

K10

Jul 12, 2002
    So you mean I can't really beat Nesta and score on Buffon while playing for the Czech Republic? :down:

Fifa ripped me off.

K10

Jul 12, 2002
    This guy played Grand Theft auto and thought he could do it in real life, I played Fifa so I guess I thought I can do it in real life too.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++

i agree gray. as long as the person playing the game is old enough to understand the game is just a game
    This is why they have a large M meaning MATURE on the game.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
    I know. People who sell these games to under-age children should think twice.

I really find it funny how the lawyer from Miami says that gangs use it for killing simulation. What a loser.

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
    I played one of the most inzane games the other day, "Burnout 3". Really, really fun but this game lacks all kind of moral. The idea of the game is to make the biggest possible crash in downtown traffic, which usually means more than 20 cars crashed including tank-cars and buses. The most inzane part is how they are actually telling us to take our "Inzane burner" and make a "Crash o' mania" downtown.
    What's next? :D

OP
    Desmond

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #19
    ++ [ originally posted by Zambrotta ] ++
    I played one of the most inzane games the other day, "Burnout 3". Really, really fun but this game lacks all kind of moral. The idea of the game is to make the biggest possible crash in downtown traffic, which usually means more than 20 cars crashed including tank-cars and buses. The most inzane part is how they are actually telling us to take our "Inzane burner" and make a "Crash o' mania" downtown.
    What's next? :D
    i love that game:D

it's improved so much since the first edition,the graphics are great and the crashes are frickin amazing:cool:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    'Computer characters' shot man
    November 4, 2004

A COURT has been told two men dressed as characters from a computer game shot a man dead in front of his family during a home invasion in Sydney.

Twenty-one-year-old Sophear Em is standing trial in the New South Wales Supreme Court charged with the shooting murder of Josef Logozzo at his Cecil Hills home on January 7, 2002.

He has also pleaded not guilty to assaulting Mr Logozzo, a wholesale fruit distributor at Flemington markets, and shooting his wife, Marianne.

Crown Prosecutor James Bennett SC, told the court Mr Em and another man invaded the Logozzos' home shortly after midnight, dressed as characters from the computer game Counter Strike.

During the invasion, Mr Logozzo was shot in the chest and his wife in the hand.

----------------------------------------------------

So let me get this straight - because they dressed up in dark combat style clothing it couldn't have been pre-planned logic or based on police/military groups, it HAD to be immitating a computer game? :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)