Blaise Matuidi (13 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
My other concern is, does this impact us getting/potentially missing out on a quality CM in next year's mercato? :boh: Only time will tell.
Why should it? They shown already if they see a big opportunity they take it. And can easily downgrade starters to rotation /backup when that happens. If such an opportunity happens, then it will be because Khedira is gone.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Buy on AliExpress.com

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
My other concern is, does this impact us getting/potentially missing out on a quality CM in next year's mercato? :boh: Only time will tell.
lmao, you still dreaming of that 'quality cm', or 'quality winger' or 'quality playmaker' that never are going to arrive

fool

our mercato ceiling is right in front of you to look at

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
I am not a fan of this transfer, especially at the reported price 20 million + 10.5 bonuses for a 30 year old with one year left in his contract.

But i try to be positive, we been after this guy last summer , we were so close and it was stopped by PSG. And again we are trying this summer, we got him. Knowing Marotta , he wouldn't have paid this figure for someone who has a year left in his contract. So i can be positively sure, this is a signing that all Paratici,Marotta and Allegri wanted. So in a way the coach gets a player he wants.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
I am not a fan of this transfer, especially at the reported price 20 million + 10.5 bonuses for a 30 year old with one year left in his contract.

But i try to be positive, we been after this guy last summer , we were so close and it was stopped by PSG. And again we are trying this summer, we got him. Knowing Marotta , he wouldn't have paid this figure for someone who has a year left in his contract. So i can be positively sure, this is a signing that all Paratici,Marotta and Allegri wanted. So in a way the coach gets a player he wants.
The 10.5m of bonus depends on whether Matuidi plays 80% of the games. If indeed he does, then he would be worth it! Otherwise, 20m is not a big price for a player who has been a starter for PSG and the French national team. 30 these days is not that old - he has a good 3-4 good years left in him.

I think its a decent transfer - wouldn't call it ground breaking of course.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
Tolisso and Matuidi is the same type of player. Can't see why we didn't get Tolisso
This one still puzzles me, earlier we had Tolisso in out grasp but we chose not to close it technical choice. I thought fine,but now with Matuidi im kinda concern maybe Allegri wants to pack the midfield because our defensive fragility been exposed over the summer. This want the case early of the transfer window. We got to remember Tolisso was closed by Bayern very early to the window, maybe if he was still available now we gone for him instead.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
I think Matuidi is going to be a nice addition to the squad. Not who I would have chosen when the mercato began, but he definitely has some of the characteristics we're lacking -- particularly that motor. A very solid player with a lot of good intangibles; I bet Max is pretty excited about adding him to the fold.

The market is ridiculous, so I don't really mind the bonus structure. If he hits the incentives -- great. Otherwise, basically a swap for Lemina, which I understand.

Management will definitely need to prioritize the midfield next summer. Excited to see more of Bentancur!

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
I wouldnt say Tolisso and him are same players. Tolisso is much more technically gifted while Matuidi is a workhorse, he has engine of Vidal. It might be quite confusing because last year Blaise played more offensive role, but normally he is more defensive guy.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
I wouldnt say Tolisso and him are same players. Tolisso is much more technically gifted while Matuidi is a workhorse, he has engine of Vidal. It might be quite confusing because last year Blaise played more offensive role, but normally he is more defensive guy.
:agree:
I would go even further and say he has a better engine than Vidal. Arturo is better in almost everything else though.

Sashazulu

Jan 19, 2017
:tup:
That is a 100% correct. They have nothing in common.

- - - Updated - - -

The 10.5m of bonus depends on whether Matuidi plays 80% of the games. If indeed he does, then he would be worth it! Otherwise, 20m is not a big price for a player who has been a starter for PSG and the French national team. 30 these days is not that old - he has a good 3-4 good years left in him.

I think its a decent transfer - wouldn't call it ground breaking of course.
Most of the time you make great sense:tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)