Blaise Matuidi (8 Viewers)

OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #281
    It's a fine move. We clearly don't want to spend a fortune on a mid.

This is the price for a good, solid 29-30 year old mid.

Matic at 29 is costing 45mil + bonus

Sevilla won't sell Nzonzi for less than his 40 mil release clause.

You can be disappointed by the calibre of the signing, I don't rate Matuidi super highly, but the price is perfectly fine for a guy of his level, age, experience. And it's not 30.5mil unless he actually becomes a very significant part of our starting XI. He's 20 mil right now until we see that. If he improves us significantly upon Khedira and allows us to use a 3 man midfield with far better balance he could end up being a fantastic signing. The 10.5 mil is also based upon appearances over the next 3 years, not just one year, so he has to hold don't a starting spot and be an important member of our team for 3 years. So no, it's not next summer or the one after, it's 3 years before we know if we will owe that entire 10.5 million.

Y'all need to stop being so whiny and petulant this summer. If the season goes poorly there's a reason for bitching, but right now people are just bitching based on speculation which is pathetic.
    I don't think Khedira will ever start ahead of him, bar maybe a couple of first matches. He came here to be a starter and we're never going to see a 3 man midfield IMO unless we sell Dybala. If we move to 4-3-3 either Dybala or Higuain has to be out which ain't gonna happen. And if it's a 3-5-2 then it's a suicide and seeing us sign wingers I don't think we're to move back on that formation.

There's a reason for being 'whiny' as this is clearly the weakest mercato over the past 3-4 years.

Oh and btw, N'Zonzi and Matic did cost more, or cost more, what, 10mln? But both of them are actually light years ahead of Matuidi imo.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
    Matuidi was Ligue 1 team of the year in both 2012-13 and 2015-16. Was France football player of the year in 2015. Was a full-time starter of over 3000 minutes a season for PSG for the last 6 years. 33 goals-30 assists. 58 NT appearances, 8 goals. And a full time starter for France in both 2016 Euros and 2014 WC.

Hardly a scrub. And quite easily worth 20-30mil.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think Khedira will ever start ahead of him, bar maybe a couple of first matches. He came here to be a starter and we're never going to see a 3 man midfield IMO unless we sell Dybala. If we move to 4-3-3 either Dybala or Higuain has to be out which ain't gonna happen. And if it's a 3-5-2 then it's a suicide and seeing us sign wingers I don't think we're to move back on that formation.

There's a reason for being 'whiny' as this is clearly the weakest mercato over the past 3-4 years.

Oh and btw, N'Zonzi and Matic did cost more, or cost more, what, 10mln? But both of them are actually light years ahead of Matuidi imo.
    Light years ahead? :lol: no.

Matic cost 15 + bonuses more than Matuidi even if we pay the entire bonus. Nzonzi would cost 10mil more even with the full bonus paid.

And while I rate Matic higher, I don't rate Nzonzi higher. Similar level to Blaise but with less experience on the big stage. Matuidi is costing us exactly what he should cost in this market.

And weakest mercato? Various members of this forum have been saying that every single summer and each year they end up being wrong. So that is anything but clear. But please continue abandoning ship before the season even starts. I'm in awe of your God-like omniscience, predicting the future like this.

As I said. It's perfectly fine to be disappointed that we haven't gone for a better midfielder at a significantly higher fee. But acting like we have overpaid for Matuidi is quite amusing.

Wittl

Contributor
    Feb 21, 2017
    Lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe they play another football than Matuidi, both physical big guys who can destroy the opponents midfield, maybe that's what you wanted to sign us. But to say that they are light years ahead of Matuidi is just wrong. matuidi has other qualities, he runs a lot, but is still very strong defensively, maybe a perfect match for Pjanic or Marchisio.

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #284
    I know. Pretty hilarious. All of a sudden Matuidi has become worlds best DM around.

Matic cost 15 + bonuses more than Matuidi even if we pay the entire bonus. Nzonzi would cost 10mil more even with the full bonus paid.

And while I rate Matic higher, I don't rate Nzonzi higher. Similar level to Blaise but with less experience on the big stage. Matuidi is costing us exactly what he should cost in this market.

And weakest mercato? Various members of this forum have been saying that every single summer and each year they end up being wrong. So that is anything but clear. But please continue abandoning ship before the season even starts. I'm in awe of your God-like omniscience, predicting the future like this.

As I said. It's perfectly fine to be disappointed that we haven't gone for a better midfielder at a significantly higher fee. But acting like we have overpaid for Matuidi is quite amusing.
    I don't care much what others thought before. But over the past years I actually liked who we bought eventhough I was pissed when we lost Tevez or sold Vidal, and to a lesser extent Pogba. But, like I said, IMO this is the weakest mercato. Hell, I hope they prove me wrong. I will gladly eat all the shit that I wrote here.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe they play another football than Matuidi, both physical big guys who can destroy the opponents midfield, maybe that's what you wanted to sign us. But to say that they are light years ahead of Matuidi is just wrong. matuidi has other qualities, he runs a lot, but is still very strong defensively, maybe a perfect match for Pjanic or Marchisio.
    Matuidi can hardly control the ball and it seems like a suicide to pair him with Pjanic.

I'd like to see Matuidi in a 3 man midfield with more freedom to roam around like he does for France. But we should not play 3 man midfield which instantly makes the whole purchase questionable.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    It's starting to annoy me how much of my friends /aquitances or colleagues who are footie fans, are flat out congratulating me for this signing :D they making it sound like top top cheap signing .

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
    I know. Pretty hilarious. All of a sudden Matuidi has become worlds best DM around.

I don't care much what others thought before. But over the past years I actually liked who we bought eventhough I was pissed when we lost Tevez or sold Vidal, and to a lesser extent Pogba. But, like I said, IMO this is the weakest mercato. Hell, I hope they prove me wrong. I will gladly eat all the shit that I wrote here.
    Who said Matuidi is the world's best DM or CM? Or even close. If he was, he sure as heck wouldn't cost 20-30million. What I'm arguing is this is clearly not a case of overpaying for a player of his experience and quality.

I'm disappointed we didn't go for a better midfielder. I've said so many times. I think Matuidi is a good solid Mid, but not the top mid I wanted. But was is not really debatable is that his fee is perfectly normal in this market. The only people acting like we overpaid are a pocket of Juventus fans. The vast majority of other fans seem to think we got a screaming good deal considering the market. Lemina just sold for around 20, Bobby P went for around 20, and so on. Matic will likely cost 50 when all is said and done. Matuidi at the fee we paid is very appropriate.

Be pissed about not signing a better player, not about the very reasonable fee we paid for Blaise. That's my point, and that's where I would be in somewhat agreement.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyways, what I'm hoping for is that we are not going full ham on the transfer market this window in prep for some big purchases of young stars next summer.

If Schick stays at Samp this year and continues developing I'd love to see SMS and Schick signed for next year. Along with Caldara coming back that would be a great beginning to 2018 mercatos.

- - - Updated - - -

It's starting to annoy me how much of my friends /aquitances or colleagues who are footie fans, are flat out congratulating me for this signing :D they making it sound like top top cheap signing .

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk
    Isn't it fair to be disappointed that we didn't sign an absolutely top class player, but happy with getting a good, solid player like Matuidi for a reasonable fee?

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
    Jan 5, 2006

What kind of math did you learn at school is beyond me.

Matic cost MU 44mln euros + 6mln bonuses which is equals to 50mln in total.

Matuidi is 20mln + 10mln = 30mln.

So even if all bonuses are achieved it will be still a 20mln difference.

But, at this point it's a 24mln difference, basically two Matuidis plus 4mln change.

Yet somehow you come up with 10mln difference.

And lights ahead

Boksic

May 11, 2005
    Underwhelming, overpriced signing that given the fact he doesn't suit a 2 man mid, seems like another late panic buy.

- - - Updated - - -

[video=twitter;898570483989438464]https://twitter.com/OTM_tuZ/status/898570483989438464[/video]

- - - Updated - - -
    Lets hope he doesn't make many appearances then.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
    Underwhelming, overpriced signing that given the fact he doesn't suit a 2 man mid, seems like another late panic buy.

Lets hope he doesn't make many appearances then.
    Yep, a panic buy of a player we wanted to sign last year as well :tup: Also, if we were to believe Dujj, the deal between PSG and Juve was in place much earlier, it was Matuidi who had to make up his mind.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
    note that the money does depend on the number of games he plays for us the next three years. so if he really plays 80% of the games in all three upcoming seasons it is a steal to have a first team player for 30 m
    Depends on the standard of the team. Grygera played a high percentage of games for us :D

Has anyone confirmed the appearances condition? I know it was rumoured 80% but was this confirmed.

I'd like to think that over the next 3 years we will have a higher standard of midfield competition that he does not play 80% of the games.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
    Depends on the standard of the team. Grygera played a high percentage of games for us :D

Has anyone confirmed the appearances condition? I know it was rumoured 80% but was this confirmed.

I'd like to think that over the next 3 years we will have a higher standard of midfield competition that he does not play 80% of the games.

Bitch and moan, bitch and moan. :baus:

Boksic

May 11, 2005
    Bitch and moan, bitch and moan. :baus:
    :lol:

Your recent post was just saying how you don't rate him super highly. What is moany about saying that I hope we have a better starter over the next 3 years?

Surely as you don't rate him highly, you would also hope we bring in a top mid as a starter over the next few seasons?

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
    Matuidi was Ligue 1 team of the year in both 2012-13 and 2015-16. Was France football player of the year in 2015. Was a full-time starter of over 3000 minutes a season for PSG for the last 6 years. 33 goals-30 assists. 58 NT appearances, 8 goals. And a full time starter for France in both 2016 Euros and 2014 WC.

Hardly a scrub. And quite easily worth 20-30mil.

- - - Updated - - -

How many good midfielders were there in 2015 and 2012 in ligue 1? At least outside of psg. Simone padoin probably could have made the team of the year too

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
    :lol:

Your recent post was just saying how you don't rate him super highly. What is moany about saying that I hope we have a better starter over the next 3 years?

Surely as you don't rate him highly, you would also hope we bring in a top mid as a starter over the next few seasons?
    I do want a better player, always. But I'm realistic enough to understand that what I want isn't guiding the strategy of the club and that the management have done a fantastic job so I'm willing to give them a bit of faith. I'm also able to understand that Matuidi is a massive improvement on guys like Rincon, Lemina, Sturaro, and even on Khedira in the form he was in to finish last season. I'm also able to understand that absolute top players don't cost 20-30 mil in this market and that a good solid mid with the top level experience Matuidi has is a perfectly fine deal at this price point and not overpriced in the slightest. This is a guy who France football's player of the year in 2015. He's not some scrub.

In short, I wish we signed that top class 50mil plus mid, but for 20-30mil I think Matuidi is a good signing and improves our midfield depth, versatility and rotation ability significantly. We now have 4 good to vey good CMs. I hope next summer we replace Khedira with an absolute class signing like SMS if he continues to improve.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)