Blaise Matuidi (23 Viewers)

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
If someone took the time to perform a proper NPV analysis on players this club has signed it would be remarkable to learn how many we’ve run down to zero and then we continue to invest $$ in by renewing contracts only to operate at a loss.

Blaise and Sam immediately come to mind

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
People thinking we'll get something for him :lol:

We're saving up 3.5m net salary. After tax it's almost 7m. I'd say it's perfect already.
We probably won't get anything. After the one year contract extension, his book value is around 5 million, so perhaps we might try to sell him for as much, for accounting reasons. But I think he'll leave for free.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
We won't get anything. MLS teams very rarely, if ever, pay any transfer fees for players of his caliber and age.

If LA Galaxy didn't pay a dime for Zlatan, what makes anyone think we will get anything for this guy :lol:

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
We probably won't get anything. After the one year contract extension, his book value is around 5 million, so perhaps we might try to sell him for as much, for accounting reasons. But I think he'll leave for free.
it was well below 4m even half year ago.

marotta rarely let any player go for minusvalenza. tevez comes to my mind as a rare example. after 2 summers in charge, fabio will already beat that (mandzu, blaise).

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
it was well below 4m even half year ago.

marotta rarely let any player go for minusvalenza. tevez comes to my mind as a rare example. after 2 summers in charge, fabio will already beat that (mandzu, blaise).
You're probably right. I saw that we bought him for 20 million and he had a 3+1 years contract, so I just divided 20 by 4 and got these 5 million :)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
yeah probably, but why shoot ourselves in the foot on the same accounting terms half a year later then. 2-3m aren't a huge thing, but we saved less with the extension, so it would have been better just to let his contract run out if the intention never was to keep him anyway.

i do think we wanted to keep him for an other season as a depth player when we had to make a decision on the option in his contract, then later we realized that he's finished. he was unfortunately terrible in the 2nd part of the season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)