Birindelli returns, Zambrotta too (1 Viewer)

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Having Zambrotta back is such a boost for us, I love him. Birindelli eh.......great news too as we have another substitute to use to waste time.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
ok i see juventus.com has this news also:

4-0
Juventus faced Pool Ciriè Vauda this afternoon in a mid-week friendly that attracted scores of supporters to the local club. Aside from being a fantastic spectacle for the home crowd it was also a good opportunity to welcome back Alessandro Birindelli who was partnered in defence by Kovac, Zambrotta and Chiellini, with Abbiatai in goal. The midfield consisted of Olivera, Blasi, Giannichedda and Mutu, whilst Zalayeta and Camoranesi led the bianconeri front-line.

The deadlock was broken after 28’ when Mutu’s fierce shot was parried by the 'keeper directly into the path of Zalayeta who stroked the ball into an open goal. After that, things began to fall into place for Juve with a double strike from Mutu; the first from outside the area, and the second from a perfectly placed free-kick which sailed into the top-right hand corner of the goal, putting the visitors 3-0 ahead at half-time. In the second half Capello made a flurry of substitutions that saw Zambrotta, Giannichedda, Abbiati, Chiellini, Camoranesi, Olivera and Zalayeta make way for Pessotto, Marchisio, Bonnefoi, Criscito, Giovinco, La Vecchia and Paolucci. The latter secured victory for Juventus with a well-taken goal to add to his impressive tally in the Primavera league.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Wow. Bonnefoi... on the pitch!

What was wrong with Birindelli anyway? He seemed out for an enormously long time.

Tino

Il Tedesco
Feb 1, 2005
Paolucci made a goal! an impressive young talent! My mother meet him in Salice and talked a few words with him (he spokes a little german!). and she get his autograph! He is cool! I hope he will get the chance some time!!

Shixian

Sep 4, 2005
DelpieroForLife said:
I've been a juve suporter for more than a decade... so r ya joking ?
heh..i was too serious i guess..but i really respect birindelli..after all, he provided that memorable cross against barca that time for zalayeta.. :D

anw, thanks Desmond :weee:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)