That's easy.

Ludacris
Common
Kanye West
Jay-Z
Nas
De La Soul
The Roots

I could go on and on...........................................
Ludacris seriously needs to be left out of that list. Common's new album is great. That is all.

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
Feel embarassed? Why would I feel embarassed watching a bunch of dimwits?
I dont know, thats why its genius. You dont why but you feel you should be ashamed at watching it :D

OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #68
    ++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++

I dont know, thats why its genius. You dont why but you feel you should be ashamed at watching it :D
    Ashamed of watching something that bad, surely. But that it should make me feel ashamed as some kind of inherent quality, no.

adams

Mar 5, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++
    The Office is genius because how many other comedies make you feel embarrased?
    Curb your enthusiasm. Thats the only comedy that is better at what it does than The Office.

I would hump Larry David.

Acies

Jun 23, 2005

Ashamed of watching something that bad, surely. But that it should make me feel ashamed as some kind of inherent quality, no.
    You're supposed to think of it as funny, because you're above those work situations and can see those morons in your own work environment as well. I guess it's not funny when you're one of them :D.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by adams ] ++

Curb your enthusiasm. Thats the only comedy that is better at what it does than The Office.

I would hump Larry David.

Don't find that funny either :undecide:

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #75
    ++ [ originally posted by Acies ] ++
    You're supposed to think of it as funny, because you're above those work situations and can see those morons in your own work environment as well. I guess it's not funny when you're one of them :D.
    The people I work with are nothing like that.. oh that's right, we actually get work done too. :)

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++
    Look, was it ever going to be a good album? Would any hip-hop star make a good album anyway?
    Oh my god! Reading through all this here and being a massive hip-hop and rap fan hurts me. Guys, I bet most of you all in here don't really know what good rap is. So go to your next CD store and buy "The Documentary" from "The Game" and tell me again that hip-hop is dead or unbearable to listen. Will Smith still uses his 1990 sounds with the same lyrics. Forget this clown. Go and listen to The Game, Nas and the old Tupac stuff. Thats hip-hop finest!

Gino Genesio

Nov 14, 2004
    Will Smith - Lost & found

So the new album was released March 29 and I hadn't heard a peep about it, which indicates lousy publicity. That's a bit unusual but it's the tip of the iceberg. The album sucks. Really sucks. I can't believe this is Will, I can't believe he would release something this bad. After listening through it, there were only two tracks I ever wanted to hear again, the rest were trash. Vaguely interesting are "Lost & found" and "Tell me why", although in the latter he gets a little too excited.

But wait, there's more. There hasn't been an album yet where Willie talks about himself and his greatness in every feckin song. Now I realize that rap isn't a genre of humility, a rap song without trash talk and self adoration just wouldn't cut it (unless it's about something else entirely). Rap is about struggle and adversity but enough is enough. When there's nothing else on the entire album than manifestation of the artist's greatness, something has gone terribly wrong somewhere. What's more, the music is terrible, so there's absolutely nothing to rescue it. When I heard the song "Switch" (presumably something to do with the movie "Hitch", although the song wasn't in it), I thought it was crap. Yet on the album you get it in three different versions!?

I sincerely hope the album sells exceptionally badly so Big Willie gets a wake up call and starts putting out quality music again. Jeez, he even did one song with that clown Snoop Dogg, big surprise it really sucks.

2/10
    yea i also liked will smith i still do but this album sucks!
    but still i hope he makes a new 1 to make up for this 1 because i really like will smith ,there was a time that we only hear about will smith those were good time's i also like his movies and fresh prince of bell air :touched:

cuore

Aug 10, 2005
    Whens the last time Will Smith came out with a good album..I mean c'mon I haven't liked the guy since fresh prince came off the air.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)