Bianchi (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

francesco

Till death do us part!
Jul 25, 2006
Not necessarily. New owner will put big bucks in to the club and he may do well in EPL. He would have been better off staying in Italy though.
he can forget about any ambitions playing for azzurri. italian players who move to england seem to be overlooked for national team
eg - zola, cudicini

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Bianchi all set for City

Rolando Bianchi has moved a step closer to joining Manchester City, Reggina chief Pasquale Foti has confirmed.

The minnows have accepted an £8.8m fee from the Premiership outfit and the switch is gathering pace.

“The negotiations are moving forward and there is a good chance of striking a deal,” said the Amaranto President. “I think we should be able to finalise an agreement soon.”

City moved into pole position for the attacker after Juventus pulled out of the race to net him when David Trezeguet signed a new contract, while a transfer to Napoli collapsed.

It was understood that Bianchi would prefer to remain in the peninsula which did lead to doubts over a Manchester switch, but Foti insists that is rubbish.

“That is not true and so far there have been no problems at all,” he added. “And although the forward is in 'ritiro’ with the rest of the team, that doesn’t mean that we aren’t discussing his transfer…”

The ex-Atalanta striker was a key man for the southern minnows last season as his 18 goals fired the club to an unlikely survival given their Calciopoli penalty.

Spanish outfit Atletico Madrid were also being touted as a possible destination but no bid has been tabled by the Liga outfit so far.

channel 4

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Almost done,Bianchi is in England for medical.

Rolando Bianchi a Manchester per le visite mediche

Il Manchester City ufficializzerà a breve l'ingaggio di Rolando Bianchi, che lascia così la serie A e approda in Premier League. Il bomber della Reggina è nella città inglese per sostenere le consuete visite mediche. La società inglese ha reso noto di aver già raggiunto un accordo con il club calabrese per il trasferimento del giocatore.

tuttomercato

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Reggina ace Rolando Bianchi has declared that he is ready to join Manchester City. “Boss Sven Goran Eriksson has convinced me,” he said.

Amaranto chief Lillo Foti confirmed this morning that negotiations with the Premiership club are moving forward and that he was confident a deal would soon be concluded.

“Eriksson called and told me to come as Manchester City have 50,000 season ticket holders and want to compete in Europe,” said Bianchi, who is already in England.

“When he said the word Europe I was very excited,” continued the 24-year-old. “I saw that I had no alternatives in Italy and I seized the opportunity.”

Manchester United’s great rivals will pay almost £9m for the talented marksman, who will complete a medical ahead of signing his contract over the next 24 hours.

“I hope I will one day return to Italy and have the chance of playing for a great club, but for now I have started this new adventure and I want to love it fully, giving my best,” concluded Bianchi.

channel 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)