Betting scandal spreads to Italy. Juventus and Milan matches under investigation (1 Viewer)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Just watching the news on TV here, and they said that 5 matches from the 2000/2001 Serie A season are under investigation, and they inculde Juventus-Atalanta and Reggina-Milan. All 5 matches finished 2-1, nd apparantly huge sums of money were put on those exact scores in Germany.

Could be nothing, but then again, it could be something.

Buy on AliExpress.com

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
2-1 is a pretty common score - I imagine there's usually big money put on it, especially when there's a big team involved. Could be nothing. Let's hope!

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #4
    ++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++
    2-1 is a pretty common score - I imagine there's usually big money put on it, especially when there's a big team involved. Could be nothing. Let's hope!
    True, but IIRC, the guy on TV siad that the amounts put were much higher than usually.

Kinda like the UEFA Cup this season, where huge amounts of money were put on a certain score in a match between Dnipro and an Ukranian club I believe.

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++

Kinda like the UEFA Cup this season, where huge amounts of money were put on a certain score in a match between Dnipro and an Ukranian club I believe.
    And also on a certain european lazio match as well...

Both of those results were all over betting forums some 4 hours before kick off

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #6
    Yeah, apparantly some chick in Croatia put huge amouts on the correct score and said that her borther played in the Ukraine and that it was a sure thing, and, surprise surprise, it was.

Wish someone had told me tho.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #8
    Well, the next time your brother tells you something like that, dont be selfish and pass it on. And could you give us the URL of that forum? :D ;)

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
    Jus look at the betfair forum... most things pop up there

Betfair has been a massive boost for the sport fixing arena... due to its nature

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
    Exactly Swag!
    But at the same time, I agree with Andy, match fixing is much more prevailent than we think!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)